PDA

View Full Version : Night Owls - almost a wee?k with no hoots !

Judy, USMC
August 17th, 2016, 05:02 AM
Haven't seen a night owl thread since the Olympics started. I'll admit that's what I've been watching! Now that the women's gymnastics are over there's only one event on my must see list ... beach volleyball.

I was shocked at how much motel prices increased last weekend - until I was told it was because of all those parents taking their kids to college. So I've been unpacking, doing laundry and sorting through the pile of mail that was held while we were in Chicago. Promised myself laundry before I start organizing my row by row and fabric purchases.

It's lonely in this tree - what's happened to you owls?

kimsophia
August 17th, 2016, 07:37 AM
I can't think of anything worth writing down...have done very little stitching...and have been falling asleep early...

CraftyJnet
August 17th, 2016, 08:04 AM
It is 4am here and I am awake from bad dreams. Working on a quilt for a cousin's baby. Nothing else interesting going on.

Carol336
August 17th, 2016, 08:42 AM
for some wonderful reason, this owl has been falling asleep at a decent hour AND sleeping right through the night until at 7 - one day even 8. I guess that vacation in OBX with the gkiddies wore this grammy out good!!!

Not much sewing going on around here. Getting ready to leave on my sister's weekend. A once or twice a year event that we've been doing since the early 70s. Today it's packing and grocery shopping for some goodies to take. Then tomorrow it's out the door in the wee hours - can't wait.

RockinLou
August 17th, 2016, 08:53 AM
Hoot Hoot!!

I'm back in Kazakhstan, so back to the time zone difference that makes it easy for me to check in with the owls ;-)

Speaking of unpacking... our house was painted over the summer and I am yet to unpack my sewing room/office space. I'm considering moving a big shelf of the kids' art supplies in here too, but I'm undecided as to wether or not that is a good idea! Right now I'm sitting here with things just not at all organized, but my computer plugged in... how very 21st century my priorities are :icon_rolleyes:

I don't technically report back to work until Monday, but I'm already getting ready to go back....mentally I'm easing into it.

Today, however, was a day off work. I spent the day with DH, shopping in places that are unpleasant to go when the kids are with us, buying school supplies, and we toured about half of the Central State Museum before DH got too tired to continue. Then, we topped it of with a latte at Starbucks and a new set of pots and pans. Overall, a nice relaxing birthday!

Judy, USMC
August 17th, 2016, 04:12 PM
Hoot Hoot!!
I'm back in Kazakhstan, so back to the time zone difference that makes it easy for me to check in with the owls ;-)

Glad you arrived safely ... and have a happy birthday! Guess with the time difference I may have to say happy belated birthday ....