PDA

View Full Version : Another funny food story :)

sherriequilts
August 17th, 2016, 12:46 AM
The carrot story reminded me of a very funny thing that happened to me about 20 years ago. It's Christmas Eve day and I realize I've forgotten 3 things ... One of which was cat food. So I make a mad dash to the store and I'm in the pet food aisle and this gentlemen approaches me asking for help. He shows me the list his wife has made and one of the items is Pet Milk. As I explained he would find this on the baking items aisle .. This horrified look came across his face. I let him walk off before I quietly burst out laughing ... And I've always wondered if they even had pets and did he wonder why his wife was feeding him pets milk. You just can't make this stuff up ! Seriously the funniest thing that's ever happened between me and a stranger. Hope this brought you a good chuckle :)
Sherrie

Hulamoon
August 17th, 2016, 12:56 AM
That's funny, gave me a smile :lol:

snippet
August 17th, 2016, 01:03 AM
when we were newlyweds I sent my husband with a list of three things to buy at the grocery store:
1. milk
2. eggs
3. bread

yep, came home with one gallon of milk, 2 dozen eggs and 3 loaves of bread.

Monique
August 17th, 2016, 08:07 AM
What is pet milk?

Ginny B
August 17th, 2016, 08:11 AM
LOL So funny Sherrie.

Pet milk is a brand of evaporated milk.

Iris Girl
August 17th, 2016, 08:11 AM
I am thinking she met the brand of evaporated milk called petmilk.

TMP
August 17th, 2016, 09:27 AM
This reminds me of my DH friend married a girl from a rural town in another country. She was amazed when she came to the US of the variety of food brands and choices we have in our stores. In her country they would only have one brand of a product. He found her staring at the shelf and shaking her head. She said wow you even have milk for pets.

Vonnie
August 17th, 2016, 09:45 AM
Saw Yakov Smirnoff in Branson one year. I still remember the joke about baby powder:

"In Russia we never had things like powdered milk, where all you have to do is add water. There's powdered orange juice too--all you add is water.

"Now there's baby powder. I'm making my family tonight."

Claire Hallman
August 17th, 2016, 10:15 AM
Early on one of my BIL went to the store for my sister and brought home tartar sauce instead of cream of tartar:D.

rebeccas-sewing
August 17th, 2016, 11:03 AM
Mission accomplished, ladies. Laughing is a great way to start my day. hahaha

grammaterry
August 17th, 2016, 02:25 PM
One year I was doing a lot of canning and a neighbor asked me if I would teach her how. It was late in the fall ad not much left to put up. So I looked in the classified and found carrots for sale. They were $2 a sack or $6 a bin. I called and asked if you got more than 3 times the amount in a bin. The man hesitated and said yes and bring a truck. So, my neighbor and I drove out to the farm in her PU truck and he told us to back up to the barn by the hay loft up top. We did. They dumped the bin of carrots in the truck. A bin is like a dipsy dumpster. We made carrots, carrot juice (which bythe way is very ugly when you pressure can it) and we gave away carrots. But we had enough carrots for all the pot roast you could eat that winter.

Cokie
August 17th, 2016, 07:04 PM
I needed a good laugh today - thanks for sharing these stories!

bakermom
August 17th, 2016, 10:00 PM
I worked with a girl once that didn't know you had to "undress" sweet corn. (her words, not mine)

sherriequilts
August 18th, 2016, 12:47 AM
Yes Irisgirl you are exactly correct ... I forget different brands are available across the world. I have several old church recipe books that call for a certain measurement of Pet Milk .. I know what they mean .. But northern or western states might not. Funny how we have these different terms for the same thing.
Sherrie

sherriequilts
August 18th, 2016, 12:48 AM
Oh my!! Lol!! Do you still even like carrots? ��
Sherrie