PDA

View Full Version : re: CL fabric estate sale

geegeequilts
August 15th, 2016, 02:54 PM
Sniff..sniff...if any of you got rain Saturday it's my fault. Or rather my tears falling, lol. We had a new kitchen floor installed on Friday. Well, partly, they didn't get finished & had to come back on Saturday morning. By the time they got done it was too late to go to the sale. Triple good news-floor looks great, kept my money & enabler hubby said I might be able to get a new sewing machine. Yippee! Wait a minute...does that mean he's gonna buy it or am I ? Well anyway, big time disappointed I couldn't get to the estate sale this time. There's always another day. Just ask Scarlett from Gone With The Wind.

Gina

Lori63
August 15th, 2016, 05:05 PM
I found an estate sale on CL this weekend too. It said they had fabric! I got there and they had two little box lids with fabric, one had already made blocks with names embroidered and the other had a bunch of little squares and partially sewn blocks. Nothing I wanted or needed, so disappointed. I got there right as they were letting people in so I think that's all they had, not sure it was worth advertising fabric for!

Caroline T.
August 15th, 2016, 05:46 PM
Sorry you didn't make it to the sale Gina, I too (thanks to you) checked CL on Friday and saw a couple of big fabric stash sales, one was selling by the pound, and the other was selling for around $1 a yard, and sadly wasn't able to make it to either sale.

But that's ok, I know there will always be other opportunities for other sales.

Monique
August 15th, 2016, 05:48 PM
It wasn't meant to be.

geegeequilts
August 16th, 2016, 02:33 PM
Yeah, there's always another sale. I guess I've gotten a little greedy & want more than I have but aren't we all? I've been to 3 estate sales & was floored on how much fabric there was. 1 lady told me to get as much as I wanted & offer a price. She didn't sew or quilt & said that the fabric was her exstepmother's. Packed 8 bins tight & did not make a dent. My kinda sale cos it was in yardage plus quarters & paid a stupidly rediculous low amount. Took my stuff & ran before she changed her mind.

I always look on CL late in the week. Seems that's the best time.

Gina