PDA

View Full Version : Monday and the start of a brand new week

Monique
August 15th, 2016, 07:52 AM
Well good morning my dear friends. TODAY is THE day. Shower day!!!! I can finally take a shower after 12 days. It can't come soon enough. I am expecting a nurse some time this morning. Maybe after a good shower and cleaning this grime off the itching might not be so bad? The itching continues, but I found a way to deal with it. Saturday and Sunday I spent the better part of the day cutting fabric and sewing. It kept my mind off the itching. And it worked, better than any dang cream. SO I MUST SEW ALL THE TIME, right?

My little neighbour friend, Elaina, 8 came over yesterday and brought me some green beans, a zucchini and a cucumber from her garden. I found out she sews and has her own sewing machine. I took her up to my sewing room and told her we could sew together if she wants. She seems pretty excited to come sew with me.

I heard from Blondie. Her Mom has had some health issues and Baby Elijah are keeping her busy. She will be back as soon as she can, I have do doubt.

Have a great day everyone.

Prayers going out to those in flooded areas, I hope you are all safe.

MRoy
August 15th, 2016, 08:23 AM
Good morning! I hope this week is not like last week. Due to the deaths of family members and friends, DH and I visited a funeral home five times. It was a sad week. On a positive note, DH visited his sister last night. She is now in the Hospice unit of the hospital and her son isn't there to stop visitors. They had a good visit. Thanks for your prayers for this situation.

This afternoon is guild sit-n-sew. Other than binding a donation quilt, I don't have anything to sew. I need to come up with a new project, maybe something to keep for myself. I hope to find backing for another donation quilt in the guild's donated fabric stash.

Ginny B
August 15th, 2016, 08:30 AM
Good morning Monique and all to follow. Happy Monday and Happy shower day Monique! I am sure you will enjoy it immensely. I hope it eases the itching too.

The heat seems to have backed off a bit this morning. We spent most of the weekend inside. I did bring my featherweight downstairs because it was just too hot up in my sewing room. I worked on putting the borders on my lattice quilt.

Sorry to hear that Blondie's mom is having health issues. Thoughts, prayers and {{{{hugs}}}} going out to her.

Have a good Monday everyone. Stay cool and be safe all those dealing with the heavy rains and floods.

peggiep
August 15th, 2016, 08:34 AM
Morning Monique and all my other Forum friends,
This is going to be a quick entry because I have to shower (sorry Monique) and go out to meet a friend in Merrickville for breakfast in a few minutes. Glad to hear the sewing managed to take your mind off the itching! I always knew that quilting was theraputic!

Saturday was the re-enactment (in Ottawa) of the wedding we attended in Scotland. It was an outdoor gala and unfortunately, just as the bride was walking down the garden path to the bridal arch, we had a microburst. The rain was torrential and wind blew the tents and gazebos away! One of the gazebos was providing cover for the wedding cake and our nephew did a sprint that would have made Olympic history to grab it and carry it safely to the house! We haven't had any rain in the area for weeks and the skies chose that moment to open up and come down in buckets! In retrospect, it was quite humourous, but it did put a little damper on the festivities. Once everyone dried out, it was a wonderful day!
I spent some time in the sewing room yesterday trying to finish up my Holiday Prairie Flower blocks. Although the pattern is quite lovely, I just can't get motivated to complete these and have procrastinated over them for days. Maybe its because I am just not ready yet to think about Christmas that is causing my inability to achieve. However, I persevered and am happy to say I am now more than 1/2 done, with just 6 more blocks to assemble and hopefully I will be able to finish today when I get home.
Have a wonderful day everyone....Monique enjoy your shower! Hope the itching subsides.
Prayers and hugs to all in need.

Carol336
August 15th, 2016, 09:33 AM
Good morning everyone. Happy Shower Day Monique - I'm sure you'll feel like a new person afterwards. Hope it helps that danged itching. Thank's so much for getting us started each day.

I don't know what happened, but I slept until 8 this morning....I'm usually up by 5.....oh well it felt good!!!!

Had a wonderful vacation last week, in the Outer Banks with our 2 boys and their families.....9 of us altogether. It was fabulous. Can't wait until next year to do it again. I just hope this grammy doesn't fall down in the ocean again though - probably looked like willey the whale trying to get myself up. It finally took both of my boys to haul me out. And then I find out my eldest son was taking pictures and thats what took them so long to come to my rescue - Needless to say those pics will not make it into the scrapbook - LOL

I won't be getting too much sewing done this week as I'm leaving on Thursday morning for my annual "sister's weekend" My 4 sisters and I have been going to Ocean City MD once a year (sometimes twice) for a weekend getaway for the past 40 years. It's just a weekend long pajama party. Sometimes we don't even go out of the condo - just sit around in our pjs and enjoy each others company. We've lost our eldest dear sister, and we usually have a little tribute of some kind of rememberance of her. This year, unbeknownst to the others, I've booked a dinner and show at a local restaruant. The entertainer is an impressionist and singer named Bryan Clark - he is fabulous ....does a lot of Elvis, Sammy Davis Jr, Frank Sinatra.....I think they'll love it.

So sorry to hear about Blondie's Mom.....sending prayers that she'll be feeling better soon. Sure do miss Blondie's "Smiles".

Have a great day everyone

Bubby
August 15th, 2016, 10:07 AM
Morning Everyone,

My friend and LAQer, Reggie, is retiring at the end of the year. I love her dearly and can't begrudge her wanting to retire. Still I will miss the beautiful quilting she has done for me for several years. I'm sure I'm not alone in this regard. M* may get my quilts for a while.

I have a lot of pans in the fire today.

Please remember Csarina in your prayers. Her husband is hospitalized for heart issues and is having a rough time getting back on his feet. Anne needs prayer for strength, she's worn almost to a frazzle.

Wishing everyone a blessed day with hugs.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
August 15th, 2016, 10:23 AM
Oh I know what you mean about Saturday. We went to the Quilt Show by Almonte Guild. Hubby said it would be quick trip, and no extra quilt shops. I agreed since I had just done 2 road trips with girlfriend and by myself to 8 shops. Well, hubby is not always good with following road signs, and after glancing at my iPod for 15 mins+ I said 'why aren't we on the highway yet?' Well, long story and an hour later we ended up in Perth (way south of where we were supposed to be). By 3pm, we were at Neapean Sailing Club to drop off a curtain I made for a friend's boat, and had late lunch. Well the skies opened up and there was just 8 people in the club. Still raining so hard, the solo musician played while the satellite for Olympics went out. I can't imagine an outdoor wedding! Something to remember.

MayinJerset
August 15th, 2016, 11:08 AM
OH Happy Day Monique gets to take a shower! Been there myself so I know how much the shower means to her.
Glad Myrna's DH got to visit with his sister, Also glad for the Blondie update but sad that her mom isn't doing well.

Late morning for me, just kept falling back to sleep but we had a full day yesterday so I guess my body knows what it needs.

AC is running so the heat outside must be building up again. It's been running all week and while we've enjoyed the cool house the air has gotten very dry, better find my nasal spray to get some relief.

Have to brave the outdoors around 1pm for orthopedic doctor's appointment - cortisone shots for both knees. That should be an easy appointment as I've had enough medical craziness from my primary's office last week or so. Cardio annual check up was good, office called to say Echo cardiogram was normal. On the way home I'm going to return the cell phone I bought last week, ring is so low I can hardly hear it when it is right next to me on the table. Also friend tried calling us yesterday and it would ring once and then go to voice mail, that's probably because DH 'fixed' the phone for me.

Monique
August 15th, 2016, 11:42 AM
I am a new woman. Power wash with a steel brush. Okay not literally, but it sure felt heavenly.

peggiep
August 15th, 2016, 12:29 PM
Monique ----- I'm sure you feel great...just take it easy!

Bubby
August 15th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Monique....you must feel like a new woman!! Good for you!

Monique
August 15th, 2016, 01:04 PM
Monique....you must feel like a new woman!! Good for you!

You have no idea. And not itchy at the moment either. (Knock on wood)

JCY
August 15th, 2016, 01:21 PM
Good morning, Everyone,

Sunny here. Expected high will be 94. At least the nights are cooler for sleeping, & it doesn't heat up quite so quickly in the mornings. A slight hint of fall in the air. They say it will be only in the 70's on Fri., which will be a big switch from all these 90's-100.

Over the week end I sandwiched & pin basted the latest quilt. I had no charms left over, so had to make a practice block sandwich from other fabrics. The quilt is made with 2 charm packs & a few extra solids. It's fall colors. I'm still deciding on thread color. Did some practice FMQ yest. & fiddled with the tension. Not quite satisfied yet with the stitch or the thread color. The binding strips all are sewn together & rolled on my cardboard tube. That makes it so much easier to feed the binding as one sews along. I hope to start the FMQ today.

I was out early for a 7 a.m. fasting blood draw. My annual physical is on Fri. I get my A1C checked every 6 mos. to monitor my Type II Diabetes. It's been much better since I went on Metformin 18 mos. ago. I decided to go ahead with the root canal next week. I don't like having to pay out of pocket, but it's the side I chew on, so I'll do it, I guess.

My new HP Officejet Pro 6978 All-in-One printer is up & running. So far, I'm very pleased with the performance.

Monique, so happy you finally got to take a shower. I hope you continue to heal well & minimal itching.

SewnByBee
August 15th, 2016, 02:54 PM
Hello.....:icon_wave:

Missed all of you.....but I
Hadn't felt to good,
Recovering from a tummy bugg.....from a evil place.....I tell you. if was terrible. Still cramping. ....
Grrrr..... may have agravatedone my IBS.....

My little Reese is going to come see me tonight,
They will stay and have supper with us. I've missed him soooo much, but we will make up for it.....Lots of hugs and kisses coming his way.....emmmhhum.
Hopefully a better week ahead.

Take care ......
Blessings to you all..💟💗💟💗💟
Bee