PDA

View Full Version : Back Home

mischiefkat
August 13th, 2016, 07:43 PM
Hello Rockinglou,
Glad to see you and yours made it back to your other home safely. Was hoping to see a post of the jackets you made for your children,before you left. Maybe you will have a free moment LOL, before school starts to post the jackets. Hope things go well healthwise for your hubby this year. Have a good evening . Kathy

mischiefkat
August 13th, 2016, 07:59 PM
Saw your other post after I posted this thread. Sorry for the loss of your grandmother. Glad you were able to spend time with her , and that she passed in her sleep. Prayers Kathy

RockinLou
August 14th, 2016, 05:40 AM
Kathy, thanks so much for your kind note. I appreciate your condolences, my grandmother was in a steady state of decline of the past several months, we were able to visit with her when we were in NJ and she passed peacefully in her sleep within 48 hours of our return to Kazakhstan.

We are home, hubby continues to do well and we are both shedding a few pounds together, nothing like giving up desserts together ;-)

I have just now sat down to synch my phone and try to load up some photos.... here are a few of the clothes I made since I was last able to post photos in the Weekly Sew Along thread.

the jacket for my daughter:

A comfy lounge wear shirt for myself for the fall and winter:

my son's jacket still needs hemming and topstitching, but I brought it back 85% complete, and will finish it up when I get around to setting up my machine again. Right now I'm going to take a bit of a sewing break to focus my energy on my family and getting the school year off to a good start. I have handwork to do in the evenings, some hexies and yo-yos.... not sure anything will come of them, but something to keep my hands busy if they get the itch!

MayinJerset
August 14th, 2016, 09:08 AM
So sorry to hear that your Grandmother passed sway and know you thankful you got to visit with her. May she rest in peace.
This is a little prayer I say when I lose someone close.

"If tears could build a staircase and memories a lane,
I'd clime up to heaven and bring you home again."

Glad you're back from your "vacation", rest up for upcoming new school year, The clothes you make are great, you're a very talented seamstress. Hope your DH continues to improve.