PDA

View Full Version : Raining on the Night Owl

kimsophia
August 12th, 2016, 02:15 AM
Well, I'm pretty sure the drought conditions in Iowa are going away...Iowa's getting up to seven inches of rain in isolated spots...and we are in a flash flood warning. I'm glad I sent my buddy home before the streets flooded. I'm able to use the rabbit ears to get a couple TV channels but the Dish network is out...I'm doing counted cross stitch in a bargello pattern, and it's really fun! What's up with you? :icon_wave:

MayinJerset
August 12th, 2016, 03:18 AM
Hoot, Hoot, Haven't been hanging in my tree lately as it doesn't have AC or even a little fan to keep me cool. No rain here but some showers expected here and there and warnings of flash flooding. Hope your buddy got home OK.

Working on getting some gifts wrapped, great grandson Jack turned 5 and I'm including a 'little' gift for his 3 yr old and 1 yr old brothers. We had family helping us move supplies from a closet out onto the garage storage shelves and I can't seem to find my gift wrapping box. Did find a package of tissue paper and will use that and put some cute stickers on it - kids don't care how their gifts are wrapped as they are more interested in what is in the gift wrapped package. When I think about it so am I. Stay cool and dry,134050

Andrea F
August 12th, 2016, 06:01 AM
Good morning owls!

Lots of rain here, too, and no summer in sight besides last Sunday. I got most of the work stuff done and the next months should be less hectic. I'm very much looking forward to that.
I'm excited today because I booked our flights to the US yesterday evening. I can't book the room at the moment, it seems as if the reservation system has a problem which makes me a bit nervous. I guess I have to wait and try again later.

I'm going to have a weekend full of sewing. A friend asked me to make her a purse for her wedding and I have to finish it today and give it to her tomorrow. It's going to be my gift for her. After that I have a couple more bags to finish and then go back to finishing my favours for the retreat. :)

Granny Judy
August 12th, 2016, 06:05 AM
Looking forward to some of that rain here along the Illinois river. It's been so humid, I thought we couldn't get any wetter.
As Grandpa used to say it's so humid you have to be a fish to enjoy being outside. U drink the air instead of breathing it.

My workhorse, Sadie seized up on me and I had to stop everything and give her a good cleaning. Even with the vacuum to suck out gunk, I still had to get my 'tools' to scrub off some of the crusted on lint. Oiled her up and she is purrrring like a kitten. Well, she is more like a steam engine, chunking along. Never had a machine that was so loud, but sewed so well. Singer 500 doesn't have a muffler on them.

I'm looking at a Janome9400, big throat so I can do more of my own quilting. Can't afford to send out quilts too often. Can't afford a long arm. Don't have space for one any how.

It's a big investment for me..thankfully I have 3 children who are willing to "give Mom" an early Birthday/Christmas present. With their help, I'll still have $$ to buy fabric...:D

Off to find a cuppa and see what this day has in store. The cleaning gal is coming this morning, so I need to get a list of what needs to be done on our White Board for her. Sending blessings to all.

kimsophia
August 12th, 2016, 06:34 AM
We got some tickets, too, but to The Book of Mormon! I haven't been to a musical in ages, and I love them. It's not here until October, though.