PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday, it's going to be a hot one!!

Monique
August 9th, 2016, 07:48 AM
Yes another hot hot day in store. Well I kept myself really busy yesterday and no naps. I got laundry done hung out and dried. Nurse came and changed the bandages. Drain may come out tomorrow but I don't know for sure. I was so bored and there was no one around to play with, so I started cutting up fabric. I did pretty good, thank goodness the blade is sharp. Then I could not stand to look at the dirty bathtub any longer. Do I call a friend? do it myself? wait for Les? (Like he is going to do it, hahaha). Did it myself with my good arm, it wasn't that bad to clean up with a good cleaner. Then on to the toilet, I have invisible men here using the toilet 24/7 and boy do they make a mess. Honest! So that got cleaned. And then it was ME turn. Hair got washed, me got washed, I even shaved my arm pits. I could have made pony tails under there. Yup!! No shower until at least Sunday. Les is going to have to use a sand blaster to get me clean. Geez, louise.

So what is today's excitement? Les is supposed to take me grocery shopping, WE NEED FOOD!!! So until he comes home this morning, I think I will continue cutting fabric. This is what I am reduced to this week. I HATE depending on others, drives me crazy.

Have an awesome day my friends. Anyone want to come play with me?

P/S I forgot to mention that I had flowers delivered yesterday from my fellow Lionettes which made my day.

songbird857
August 9th, 2016, 08:12 AM
Good morning :)
Um.... Monique, my dear.... aren't you STILL supposed to be resting ? Be careful, lady. (although I do get the boredom thing...)

My hubs said on the way out today... "sew something"... ok! I am a good wife, I can do that ;) I really do love how supportive he is. I hadn't sewn in 5 months, but this week I've done more, and he said that he likes seeing me back on the forum... LOL
I did get my guitar last week - I loooove it! I don't know why I never tried a 3/4 size before, much better for a woman's frame. One of my bandmates wants one now too after she put it on and played it. Oh - and I actually made a cool strap for it from a Man Sewing tutorial - thanks Rob!

Ok, gotta make breakfast, then get laundry in, then sewing ;)

Ginny B
August 9th, 2016, 08:18 AM
Good morning. Monique, take it easy there girl. Don't overdo things.

I think it's going to be a pleasant day here today. Not too hot or humid. We had a very nice weekend. Saturday was busy, busy with moving the furniture from Brooklyn that will now be living at my house. The rain that they said might happen didn't so nobody and nothing got wet. Then later that evening we tuned in with Google Hangouts to my son and dil's "Reveal" party and found out that It's A Boy!! My grandson will be arriving around Dec. 18. It was great being able to virtually be there and be able to see and talk with the people at the party. After the physical work and excitement of finding out the gender of the baby, Sunday was spent doing a lot of relaxing. We went to the beach in the morning, came home and made some penne a la vodka for dinner and then spent some pleasant time outside in our backyard.

Yesterday was a busy day at work and now here we are at Tuesday. Got a load of laundry done and I think I will have some time in the sewing room before work. :) Have a wonderful day everyone.

RockinLou
August 9th, 2016, 09:25 AM
This morning Iam having my last breakfast on my patio while I check in... We fly tonight. DH surprised me and hired a service to come clean this morning and make my life easier today!!

It's cloudy and cool out, but I might take the kids for one last swim anyway before we go...

While the reality of transit tonight still hasn't kicked in, I'm not stressed out about it, it's amazing what can become habit.

I'm distracted today as my grandmother is in a palliative care facility in her final days. A priest came yesterday and said
her last prayers. She is 94 and lived a very good life, she only really went downhill this spring and her body has given up. I pray for her that she simply falls asleep and doesn't wake up again to the physical suffering her body has been through this past month.

mischiefkat
August 9th, 2016, 09:50 AM
Good Morning all,
I am watching GS's today while mom&dad work. Was going to take them to water park today (free),but forgot to tell mom so no swim suits. Maybe on Friday. They will be back in school on 8-17. Then 2 weeks later we will all be back in catechism. It was definitely a short summer.
Monique, you are a busy gal after your surgery. Hope the drain and sutures come out soon. They get annoying after awhile.
Ginny congrats on your new GS.
Lou have a safe trip back to your other home. Prayers & hugs for all who need them, Have a good day Kathy

peggiep
August 9th, 2016, 10:08 AM
Its going to be another hot day but at the moment it is beautiful --- sunshine and low humidity!

Monique --- I know you are bored, but please don't overtax yourself..find a good book and just stay put!
Ginny --- you must be very excited about a new grandson! Even though you can't be there in person, virtual is the next best thing.
RockinLou --- have a safe trip and enjoy the journey. Prayers for your grandmother, may she just slip away.

Yesterday I managed to make 7 (of the 21) Prairie Flower blocks for the swap...1/3 finished. And today, we have to go to my brother-in law's to deliver a Bridal Arch for our neice's outdoor wedding reception on Saturday....this was the wedding we went to in Scotland and now there is a reception for all those who couldn't be there. If the reception is anything like the wedding itself, it will like something out of a fairy book. I only hope it doesn't rain!
Hopefully we will be back from BIL's early so I can get a couple more blocks done.
In the meantime, I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Prayers for those in need and hugs for everyone.

rebeccas-sewing
August 9th, 2016, 11:33 AM
Sounds like you are doing really well, Monique. I'm so glad to hear how quickly you are recovering. Just be careful you don't overdue it. My friend is not doing so well. Tomorrow she goes back in for a third surgery to remove the extenders. Her body seems to be rejecting them. She ended up with a terrible infection. She has had a terrible time with all of this. She had an aggressive protein in the tumor that was removed so she will be having chemo. Her youngest daughter is marrying in November. I just hope she'll be able to attend. I told her I would go up north with her when the time comes. In fact, Joe and I may suggest we drive her up there. We can visit our girls while she attends her daughter's wedding. After what I've been watching her go through, you can imagine how happy I am to hear how well you are doing.

JCY
August 9th, 2016, 11:57 AM
Good morning, All ~ Sunny here, with temps expected to be in the 90's again. It was 98 yest. & the skies were not quite so murky. There has been a lot of haze lately from the western wildfires. After sitting in the dental chair 2 hrs. yest. & running errands, I'm not feeling all that ambitious this a.m. I do have the laundry going -- bedding items that need to be washed before cold weather sets in -- which will be here before we know it! One year we had 8" of snow in Sept. But that's unusual. I think our first snow normally doesn't come till Nov.
I finally found the printer I plan to buy. I'll get it this week at Office Depot/Max while it's on sale for $99.99 (Reg. $179.99) I have a tech savvy friend from church who will set it up for me. What a blessing he has been, helping me with my various computer/printer problems. Several yrs. ago when the TV programming went digital & our converter box needed setting up, he did all that for us. We did not want to pay for either cable or satellite. Who needs that many channels?! We really don't watch all that much TV. Mostly news & a few favorite shows. I'd rather read a good book or be sewing!
Monique, I think you're overdoing it! As a retired nurse, I'm advising you to take it easy! Your body needs time to heal, even if you're feeling ambitious. Please do be careful & rest up.
Time to check the laundry & get my breakfast.

Carlie Wolf
August 9th, 2016, 12:09 PM
I wonder what it is about surgeries that makes us decide that we are Hercules when we're suppose to be resting. I've never thought I had more energy then when it's after surgery or just before when I'm not suppose to do anything. I don't know. But I have noticed that it happens to me only after or just before surgeries. The only other thing that was like clockwork was way back when, two days before my period.....I'd mentally rage about socks left on the floor. No other time of the month did I notice it. After about 10 years of that I then just thought, oh yeah just ignore it, it won't bother you in another two days. Same with when I'm suppose to rest and I get those huge mental energy surges. I've now learned that if I'm suppose to rest and something not done annoys someone then I hand them the vacuum, sponge, cooking pot etc. Ok, yeah, sometimes I'll cheat but not as much as I use to.

Hope you are feeling well soon :-)

WendyI
August 9th, 2016, 12:31 PM
Morning all!! Yep, still morning for me and I actually made it in here! Just taking a wee break from catching up on emails and projects that sat while I was on vacation. It's been hard coming back (today is the first day back) and I'm already aching for a nap! Lots of catching up to do I can see. Lou I hope your grandmother passes peacefully. Monique, you should be taking better care! Don't overdo it!

Off to catch up on what everyone has been up to! Sending love and hugs to those in need! xoxox

MRoy
August 9th, 2016, 02:11 PM
Good afternoon. I barely know what day of the week it is. Yesterday was my BIL's funeral. It was a very nice service for a very good and well-loved man. We're going to miss him but we know he's in a better place. I did a little laundry this morning and that's about it. I haven't been to the sewing room today. I need batting and backing fabric for a couple of donation quilts but I'll get that next Monday at guild sit-n-sew. I don't have another quilt top started and I'm not sure what I want to do at this point. I may use a jelly roll to make some sort of star quilt.

peggiep
August 9th, 2016, 05:20 PM
Good afternoon. I barely know what day of the week it is. Yesterday was my BIL's funeral. It was a very nice service for a very good and well-loved man. We're going to miss him but we know he's in a better place. I did a little laundry this morning and that's about it. I haven't been to the sewing room today. I need batting and backing fabric for a couple of donation quilts but I'll get that next Monday at guild sit-n-sew. I don't have another quilt top started and I'm not sure what I want to do at this point. I may use a jelly roll to make some sort of star quilt.

Myrna - you should check out the Autumn Star Tutorial that was released last week. Its stars with a jelly roll. Sounds like just what you were looking for!