• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Happy Thursday

Good morning. Feeling pretty good this morning although I did not sleep well last night. And yes, I will take it easy friends, although I could do lots, or at least I feel like I could. Right arm is sore as it was on that side that they removed the appendage. LOL!!!

Have a wonderful day friends. Thank you all for your prayers. I know someone heard them up there.

xo
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • Carol336
    Missouri Star
    • May 2013

Re: Happy Thursday

So good to hear from you this am Monique, glad all went well with your surgery. Sorry you didn't sleep well, maybe you can get a little nap in today.

Went dancing last night, and feeling a bit lazy this am. But I have no time for laziness, gotta get packing for our trip. I've been trying to do a little each day, but now it's time to crank it up a bit. DH has a high school reunion committee meeting here tomorrow morning so on top of the packing I have to get some cleaning done - looks like a fun day here.

Hope everyone has a lovely day

Comment

• RockinLou
      Missouri Star
      • Oct 2014

Good morning!! I'm about to make my coffee and sit out on the patio this morning. Then I'll have some sewing time to work on the kids' jackets I'm making for fall.

This afternoon we have friends without kids who have asked if they could take ours for the afternoon / evening. YES PLEASE!! DH and I have not had time alone since June, we are really pleased to take our friends up on this offer.

I slept for a good 10 hours last night and resisted the temptation to sew while exhausted.... I'm so glad I did! Today I feel much better!

Comment

• peggiep
        Applique Angel
        • Oct 2015

Good Morning All
        Great to see you this morning Monique. I really didn't expect you to be up and around so soon. Please remember to rest and relax so you don't do yourself some harm!
        Carol - enjoy your trip!
        Rockin Lou - a day without the kids is always fun....have a good time!

I have to get busy and complete the cutting and piecing of one of the swap block quilts today. So many 2 1/2 inch squares (332) and I ordered the wrong size die for the AccuGo! Instead of a 2 1/2" die, I bought a 2" by mistake (I thought it was the finished size, not the actual)....oh well, I have certainly cut that many by rotary cutter before I bought by GO cutter, so I can do it again...

Off to the big city of Ottawa, ON today to do some shopping. I'm really just tagging along with DH who has an errand to run and I thought it would be nice to go with him. Once we get home, I'll be cutting for a while.

Have a great day everyone!
        Peggiep
        "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

• Cathy F
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2012

Morning all,
          Looks to be another hot one here. I'll be staying in today as I've got a meeting at my house tomorrow which means cleaning off the dining room table where I've been sewing. Oh brother what a task!

Got a little more of my granddaughters quilt cut out yesterday and hope to get the rest done next week. Gotta stay on task with this, times a flying can't believe we're into August already. Thought I started so early with the Christmas gifts. Now looks like I may be playing beat the clock again!
          Monique, glad to hear you're doing well, don't overdo.
          Sending some extra hugs to those who may be ailing or just need a few extra today.
          Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

• SewnByBee
            Missouri Star
            • Jun 2015

Good morning Monique * and all my
            * forum
            * friends. ... getting my hair done, before the wedding tomorrow, for a friend, and my nurse comes today too....
            I get to watch Reese, while his momma works from home ( ours) Today !!!
            BLESSED. ...
            I think my cup runith over~♡~~~~♡~~♡~~♡~~~smiling

Attached Files

....Bee
            The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
            ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

• seaturtle
              Missouri Star
              • Jul 2015

Morning all, I haven't been on too much because I'm trying to finish up the Holiday Flourish quilt. Got the quilting done yesterday so on to the border today. Either I'm moving slower or the days are moving faster!

Monique, you are full of surprises! So good to see you up and about so soon after surgery. Try to squeeze in a nap today - pamper yourself a little. Continued prayers for quick healing.

Carol, enjoy your vacation. School is already back in session down here.

Rockin Lou, enjoy your day/evening without the kids. I can't seem to remember life without kids. My oldest is 38 and the youngest just turned 17. I feel like I was born with kids!

Peggiep, enjoy your day cutting and quilting!

Cathy, the time is moving way too fast, isn't it? I stop to do something, and it's 2 days later!

Bee, enjoy that little one! So great that they live close and you will get to enjoy him growing up.

Hugs to all who join us later - have a great day!
              Cindy

Comment

• MayinJerset
                Missouri Star
                • May 2012

Monique, So glad you're doing so well after your surgery, rest up and heal quickly as your DGD is coming for a visit soon.

Going to spend the morning making appointments and this afternoon we're getting new cell phones and plans. Hoping we can get simple senior phones as we're not into texting, using aps and taking selfies so it doesn't make sense to pay $40 a month for features we wouldn't be using.

It's Throwback Thursday -
                Attached Files
                Last edited by MayinJerset; August 4, 2016, 07:56 AM.

Comment

• seaturtle
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jul 2015

Ugh, hated those things - ours had little skirts and we wore bloomers underneath! In a beautiful puke-yellow!
                  Cindy

Comment

• Navy Wife
                    Missouri Star
                    • Dec 2013

So glad the surgery went well, Monique. Be sure to get lots of rest, even if you don't sleep.

May, have you looked into Consumer Cellular? We have flip phones with no fancy stuff. I especially like being able to increase or decrease minutes at any time, and no contracts.

Comment

• Doloris
                      Missouri Star
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by MayinJerset View Post
                      Monique, So glad you're doing so well after your surgery, rest up and heal quickly as your DGD is coming for a visit soon.

Going to spend the morning making appointments and this afternoon we're getting new cell phones and plans. Hoping we can get simple senior phones as we're not into texting, using aps and taking selfies so it doesn't make sense to pay $40 a month for features we wouldn't be using.

It's Throwback Thursday -
                      oh yea, the gym uniform. Ours was flamingo pink
                      Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

• CraftyJnet
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jun 2015

My gym uniform was one piece, with snaps on the shoulders, in an oh so lovely blue and white stripe!
                        We looked like babies in prison.

Monique, I'm so glad you are doing well. Take it easy though, ok?

Jeannette

Comment

• Bubby
                          Missouri Star
                          • Jun 2011

Hi Everyone....
                          I baked ten loaves of zucchini bread this morning...some for Jeff and some for our neighbors. I wanted to use up the last of the garden bounty. I went to a farmers market yesterday and the Fall veggies are beginning to come in.

Monique, glad to hear you are doing well after your surgery. Be gentle with yourself. This would be a good time for you to watch tutorials and be inspired.

Wishing everyone a good afternoon.
                          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
                            Missouri Star
                            • Jan 2012

image.jpg

Exactly what our gym uniforms looked like, but our gym teacher was decades older!

Monique, glad you are feeling well after your surgery.

I am still working on my blooming 9 patch, today is 48 9 patch day! Sewing them is easy, cutting them, not so easy!

Comment

• BeckyHatcher
                              Beginning Stitcher
                              • Oct 2015

Oh, the horrid gym uniforms! Drab green for us. Thoughts and prayers for all of you who are experiencing difficult situations.

Comment

Working...
                              X