PDA

View Full Version : Mom

quilter.martha
December 11th, 2011, 03:42 PM
It's been a rough weekend. After 4 weeks of struggle with her illness, my mother slipped away last night. My dad and one sister were with her. In one way it is a relief--she is no longer struggling and is free of pain, and in another way the grief has started all over again. We will be heading to San Diego on the 22nd for the funeral and for Christmas (plans were made long ago for us to be there for Christmas, knowing Mom's health was failing). It feels so far off in the future, but my brother who lives in Florida also needs to be there and had trouble finding flights that would work. Christmas will not be easy this year, that's for sure.

Mom had a good life--she was 86 and was much loved. We will miss her tremendously. We can reflect back on good memories and give thanks for the life she had.

I want to thank you all for your prayers, encouragement and support during these past 4 weeks. It has meant so much to me. For those of you who sent PMs, thank you as well. I love you all!

Martha

RFREE
December 11th, 2011, 03:45 PM
My heart cries for you Martha. I lost my mother 7 years ago to emphysema. I would give anything to have her back but would never want to see her suffer as she did before she passed. Rest knowing she is no longer in pain. God bless you and your family.

Klasien
December 11th, 2011, 03:48 PM
I am so sorry Martha!

My thought go out to you and your family.

God bless you all!!

Sandy Navas
December 11th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Sending special prayers, Martha. Losing a loved one is never easy. Watching them suffer is more difficult. Rest assured your dear Mother is in God's care now.

K. McEuen
December 11th, 2011, 04:24 PM
My heart goes out to you and your family.

I lost my mom the day after Thanksgiving in 2000. It may not seem like it now, but it does get easier as time passes.

Lola2Ace
December 11th, 2011, 04:52 PM
I am so sorry Martha. I haven't been on much and have missed your posts about your Mom. I know that she felt every bit of your love all allong and now that she has passed as well. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family as you go through this.

sunflower1944
December 11th, 2011, 05:06 PM
I am so sorry to hear this Martha. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

HandsOffItsMine
December 11th, 2011, 05:09 PM
My heart goes out to you Martha as well as to your family. She's next to God now without pain, in Heaven with other loved ones. Like many others, my Mom passed on 12 years ago on the 21st of December. This will be the hardest, mixed Christmas for your family. Know that all of us will be praying for you and yours.

Much love, Ruby and Don

jackkris1969
December 11th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Martha you will be in my thoughts and prayers. I lost my mom a year ago and miss her every single day, and my 19 year old grandson this past July. Holidays are still the hardest, this is the first Christmas without my grandson. I lost my dad in 1972..my heart aches for you. And yes, time does heal..but it's still hard.
Hugs,
KJ

Loonwatcher
December 11th, 2011, 05:31 PM
My heart weeps for you and your family. Although it is very difficult for you all, know that things are no longer difficult for her. She is free of all pain and discomfort and rests in the Lords loving arms.

I always feel that you can know a parent if you know their children. Knowing you through this forum, I know she was a wonderful woman. Eighty-six years - what a legacy. Many memories for you and your family to share forever. In that way she will never be gone. If you have a digital one, how about sharing a photo of your sweet mom so we might know her better too.

Praying that your grief will pass quickly into loving memories.

Hugs,

toggpine
December 11th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Prayers of solace for you and your family.

inspired
December 11th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Martha; It is never easy to lose someone! Thinking of you as you deal with your pain. Val

SuzyQue
December 11th, 2011, 06:21 PM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss, Martha. Keep those sweet memories in your heart. Know that your mother is in a better place. My prayers for peace and comfort for you and your family, are sent now.

sewmuchjan
December 11th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Martha sending prayers of comfort for you and your family.

God Bless you and keep you all
Love and Hugs Jan G ((((((HUGS))))))

Bubby
December 11th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Martha, I'm so sorry for your loss, but relieved that your Mom is out of pain and suffering. Take comfort in the good life she had and the knowledge that she's in God's loving arms. My prayers are with you and your family and although Christmas will be difficult, it can be the beginning of healing for the family. Hugs, Barb

quilter.martha
December 11th, 2011, 07:08 PM
My heart weeps for you and your family. Although it is very difficult for you all, know that things are no longer difficult for her. She is free of all pain and discomfort and rests in the Lords loving arms.

I always feel that you can know a parent if you know their children. Knowing you through this forum, I know she was a wonderful woman. Eighty-six years - what a legacy. Many memories for you and your family to share forever. In that way she will never be gone. If you have a digital one, how about sharing a photo of your sweet mom so we might know her better too.

Praying that your grief will pass quickly into loving memories.

Hugs,

Nancy, here is the last photo ever taken of my mom and I--4 weeks ago when I rushed home to be with her. This was the day of miracles God gave me--we started off the day with her terribly confused, struggling to get her out of bed, dressing her and getting her into a wheel chair. Then she perked up and was more herself that day than in months and months previous. I weep as I look at the photo. I'm so thankful for that day.

MRoy
December 11th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Martha, I'm so glad you had that good day with your mom. I know it's painful now, but it will be a good memory for you in the future. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

meemeecyn
December 11th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Martha....so sorry to hear about the loss of your Mom. I know this journey has been weighing heavy on your mind and heart. I am convinced that she was waiting for you. She perked up because you were there and then realized it was ok to let go because she was able to give you that last good memory. You are an amazing woman and I agree with Nancy. She must have been, too, to produce such a great daughter. Please take care, Friend.
Cynthia

rebeccas-sewing
December 11th, 2011, 08:24 PM
So sorry for your loss, Martha. I'm glad your mom is no longer suffering. You have some difficult days ahead. Remember we're hear if you need us.

bakermom
December 11th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Sorry for your loss, Martha. You and your family will be in my prayers.

phoots
December 11th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Martha, my deepest sympathy for you and your family. God bless you all.
Love, Pam

stitching woman
December 11th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Martha, this is such sad news you have my deepest sympathy and God bless you and your family.

Gayle8675309
December 11th, 2011, 10:43 PM
I'm so, so sorry. I am praying for God's comfort for you and your family.

Mrs.Sew&Sew
December 11th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Martha, I know it is hard loosing a loved one. But you are right she is not struggling or in pain. She is whole and dancing and singing with Jesus now. I will remember you and your family in my prayers! Sending you HUGS! :(

Monique
December 11th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Martha, my sincere condolances to you and your family. I know what you are going through as the same thing happened to me 5 years ago yesterday. Lost my mom. Yes Christmas will be difficult this year no doubt. Surrounded by family, cherish the memories you have.

Tssprague
December 11th, 2011, 11:01 PM
I am truly so sorry for your loss. Prayers to you and your family.

Nena
December 11th, 2011, 11:35 PM
My heart is heavy and sad for you and your family. Mom's are special. I too lost my mother in a terrible car accident 3 years ago. It is true---time does heal in many ways. Hold on to your special memories and cherish the times you had with her. I love that picture of the two of you--what a wonder moment. You both look so lovely in it. God bless you all. I will send prayers and good thoughts your way.

Genny
December 12th, 2011, 01:22 AM
My mother passed away 4 years ago at age 86. I feel for you and your family and wish you all the best.

wendyw1
December 12th, 2011, 01:42 AM
Dear Martha, my sincere condolences to you and your family. I lost my mum in September this year to emphysema. In a way a blessing as she had been suffering a long time and it was awful to see her that way, but at the same time I miss her so much and xmas will be a difficult time. Love and hugs to you all. xxxx

BellasQuilts
December 12th, 2011, 01:49 AM
Martha, sending you loving thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Glad you will be all together to celebrate her wonderful life together especially at such a family time as Christmas. Blessings to you all.

Lisaau
December 12th, 2011, 09:38 AM
l'm sorry Martha

CrazyMtnLady
December 12th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Martha, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. It is so hard to lose a loved one. Your mother looked like a very beautiful lady. (you have her smile). I lost my mother 38 years ago when she was only 52 (I was only 18). It was unexpected and a shock. You will carry your mother in your heart every day and she will be there always to comfort you when it is needed.
May God bless you.

Loonwatcher
December 12th, 2011, 09:58 AM
So glad you got to share that day. Love the picture. Boy do you look like her or what? Thanks for sharing.

Beakkmom
December 12th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Martha, I'll be praying for your family. I've been sitting by my mom's bedside for the last 4 days/nights as she prepares to go home to Jesus. She too, will be Home For Christmas.

Lin

quiltingtrish
December 12th, 2011, 07:04 PM
I'm sorry to hear this Martha as it our loss, but I'm happy to hear she is not suffering anymore and home with the Lord at this time.

Prayers for your family as you go through this holiday season.

Hugs,

janluna
December 13th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Martha, I wish to tell you I am so sorry about your loss. May she rest peacefully in God's arms. May she be healed and young again. I'm also sorry about your Grandson.
God Bless and help your memories to be all the good ones. Hugs, Jan L.

rebeccas-sewing
December 13th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Lin - I'm so sorry that you too are losing your mom. I'm glad you are able to be with her during her final days. You and Martha are in my thoughts during this difficult time in your lives.
Martha, I'll be praying for your family. I've been sitting by my mom's bedside for the last 4 days/nights as she prepares to go home to Jesus. She too, will be Home For Christmas.

Lin

KiltedQuilter
December 13th, 2011, 07:47 AM
So sorry to read this. Thoughts are with you and yours.x

Patrice
December 13th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Sorry to hear that..Im sure she is living the good life now. My prayers are with you and yours

mianmom
December 13th, 2011, 09:22 AM
I am so sorry for your lose, you and your family are in my prayers.

institches64
December 13th, 2011, 06:12 PM
I am so sorry for your loss Martha. Hugs go out to you and yours. Lin- sorry for what you are going thru also. I wish you bothe the best.

Blondie
December 14th, 2011, 07:09 AM
Oh Martha,
Just reading this and my arms are around you. Daddy will be gone a year tomorrow. How good to know she is resting in arms of the Lord. Prayers continue for you and yours.