PDA

View Full Version : Garden-variety Night Owl.

toggpine
July 31st, 2016, 02:23 AM
We woke up to a glorious marine layer hanging over the area. It kept the heat off until about noonish whe it burned off and the sun came out to play.
I managed to get the peas in and the old vines pulled and fed to the dairy goat girls. I also finished picking the last of the blueberries. The bucks (more goats) figured out how to shred the back side of the bird netting and tore off the small section on their side of the fence and then tore off the top. Jerks! After finishing the berries, I hit all of the beds and took out the weeds, then watered everything. Still no zucchini, two tiny yellow crook necks, and one itty bitty pumpkin in the squash bed. The corn and green beans are really taking off. I have two little ears started on the corn that I can see so far.
I still have peaches to process, but that will be for tomorrow.

Hopefully Daisy the goat will give up hollering at her momma. It's weaning time, and she's not having any of that nonsense. While she is at it, she is encouraging her pen mates to holler at their moms too. The neighbors are going to hate me.

I had high hopes of working on more quilting today, but I'm not going to get there. I'm tuckered out and headed for the nest!

What is up in your neck of the woods?
Happy hooting! Cathy

jjkaiser
July 31st, 2016, 02:27 AM
Okay I give up! Where do you live and what the heck is a marine layer anyway?

Hulamoon
July 31st, 2016, 04:22 AM
Wow you are a busy lady! I worked on a boring computer problem all day between watching cooking shows. lol

Okay I give up! Where do you live and what the heck is a marine layer anyway?
It's like the cool fog that comes in from the shores and just lingers there. I always think of San Francisco and the fog.

Judy, USMC
July 31st, 2016, 04:28 AM
A Marine layer must be some atmospheric condition ... I know she lives this/close to the water.

Had internet problems the past several days. I'm on my neighbor's network and started only getting 1 bar. Found out he moved his router so purchased a NetGear booster and things are well with the world now.

Spent the past few days inventorying books and national geographic mags (extras will be going to the VA hospital/nursing home.) Down to the last box of paperwork that my mom had collected. I have decided to keep all her wedding paperwork and store it in an archival box system. Now I've discovered 3 old photo albums and a couple of boxes of un-mounted photos. The plan is to sort and return them to their appropriate families. Most of the adults in the photos are long-time gone. I think the old films will have to wait until the next trip.

Hope the weather stays great for y'all.

bubba
July 31st, 2016, 02:09 PM
My half a sleeping pill last night worked wonders!! I finally slept all night long without waking up once!

Don't feel bad Cathy. We are finally getting zucchini on our vines. I call them teeny weenie zucchini as they are only about 2" long and have not bloomed yet. My friend has been picking hers for weeks! Found out her entire garden was from starts, while ours is all from seeds except for the tomatoes. We have been picking them for about two weeks now.

Last night Alex was here and without thinking, I asked her to go pick tomatoes. She hemmed and was thinking about it when her mom goaded her into doing it. Was not till she was outside and our older daughter looked at me and said 'I hope you know she doesn't know which are red and which are green' that I remembered about the color blindness!!! We quickly sent her sister out to help her and the crisis was diverted!

kimsophia
July 31st, 2016, 02:52 PM
My night owl status should be revoked for getting sleepy at 9 in the evening. So I just went to bed. :/