PDA

View Full Version : crappiest friday ever.......

bubba
July 30th, 2016, 01:08 AM
Today was the doctor appointment. We did not get the news we were hoping for. At this time, I really don't want to talk about it.

I thank you again for all your thoughts, prayers and understanding.

stationarymom
July 30th, 2016, 01:11 AM
Pat I'm sorry things didn't go like you wished.You know whenever you're ready we'll be here to listen.Take care.

laura44
July 30th, 2016, 02:26 AM
I'm so sorry, continued prayers. We are here for you.

kaydee
July 30th, 2016, 02:53 AM
I'm sorry to hear that, Bubba. Thinking of you guys. Hugs.

Bjvarizona
July 30th, 2016, 02:56 AM
When you are ready we are all here. Hugs and optimistic thoughts coming your way. Hope your body is healing well so you can get through this stressful time. Love and hugs to you!

Grandma Nan
July 30th, 2016, 03:31 AM
Keeping you in our thoughts Bubba. It is so difficult to work through these difficult times but just know you have support and friends here in the Forum. Use us whenever you need support or need to vent.

Simply Quilting
July 30th, 2016, 03:31 AM
Pat, continued hugs and prayers.

Kgrammiecaz
July 30th, 2016, 03:40 AM
Will continue to keep you both in my prayers.

LauraP
July 30th, 2016, 05:41 AM
133684 I am holding you tight n my thoughts

Bubby
July 30th, 2016, 05:55 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this, Pat. I will continue to pray for both of you. Make sure you take extra good care of yourself. (((HUGS)))

Andrea F
July 30th, 2016, 05:56 AM
I'm so sorry you didn't get the good news we were all hoping for with you. Sending more positive thoughts and lots of love.

MayinJerset
July 30th, 2016, 06:01 AM
I kept peeking and praying during the day to see if you had posted and got more worried each time there was no news. You and MM will weather this storm and we'll be right here waiting to help you.

pcbatiks
July 30th, 2016, 07:12 AM
So sorry to hear this, Pat. Continued prayers from your forum friends.

Suzette
July 30th, 2016, 07:26 AM
I'm so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are added with so many others for comfort, strength and healing.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 30th, 2016, 07:47 AM
Prayers for you and MM.

easyquilts
July 30th, 2016, 07:56 AM
I'm so sorry. We're all here for you.,, many hugs...

Sandy Navas
July 30th, 2016, 08:45 AM
Continued hugs and prayers and encouraging thoughts!!

DeniseSm
July 30th, 2016, 08:47 AM
I'm so sorry. Love is always worth the pain.

Carol336
July 30th, 2016, 08:52 AM
So sorry Pat. Will keep you and MM in my prayers.

Patsquilting
July 30th, 2016, 09:16 AM
Continued prayers to you both!

JaniceR
July 30th, 2016, 09:17 AM
I too checked several times to see if you had posted & hoping it was good news. I am so sorry it wasn't. I will keep you both in my prayers.

Monique
July 30th, 2016, 09:57 AM
Sorry the news wasn't what you wanted. We are all here for you when you need us. Sending hugs and prayers.

Midge
July 30th, 2016, 10:00 AM
So sorry to hear you got bad news. You are both in my thoughts and I know the thoughts and prayers of many here.

RiverMomm
July 30th, 2016, 10:04 AM
Prayers, positive thoughts and ((((hugs)))) to both of you.

When you are ready to talk, we are ready to listen and be your cheer leaders. It's a battle -get mad and fight! As a survivor, I can honestly say it was harder on my husband than it was on me.

SuzyQue
July 30th, 2016, 10:24 AM
Continuing to pray.

asta
July 30th, 2016, 10:26 AM
So sorry, continued prayers for you both.

seaturtle
July 30th, 2016, 10:35 AM
So sorry to hear this, Pat. I will continue to lift both of you up in prayers.

Cokie
July 30th, 2016, 10:36 AM
I'm so very sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping for. You will continue to be in my prayers.

Navy Wife
July 30th, 2016, 10:41 AM
My prayers are with you both.

CarolynK
July 30th, 2016, 10:49 AM
Sending you prayers and lots of hugs.

Grandma G
July 30th, 2016, 11:10 AM
Pat - I am so sorry to hear that. You know we all keep you and MM in our prayers.

KarenC
July 30th, 2016, 11:12 AM
So sorry for the news. Be mad, I t's ok. When you're ready to put that madness into the fight, don't give up. (Easier said then done). We are here for you when you are ready to lean on us. Meanwhile keeping you both on my prayer list. May He give you both the strength you need.

EnumclawGramma
July 30th, 2016, 11:14 AM
Praying for you and MM Pat. So sorry you all are going through this.

Mom23
July 30th, 2016, 11:40 AM
I'm sorry you didn't get good news yesterday. I hope the thoughts and prayers by your forum friends will bring you comfort and peace in the days to come. It isn't going to be easy but you can always count on us when you need a prayer, need to vent, or need a virtual hug.

GrammaBabs
July 30th, 2016, 12:08 PM
Hugs of support. One step, one day at a time.. GB

MRoy
July 30th, 2016, 12:31 PM
Continuing prayers for you and MM.

alliek
July 30th, 2016, 12:45 PM
OK, we go forward from here, prayers for healing and peace of heart for all. God Bless.

cyndiofthevortex
July 30th, 2016, 12:48 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this news. I hope you will feel how lifted up you are in prayers from your friends here.

grandma nurse
July 30th, 2016, 01:22 PM
Prayers continue.

jjkaiser
July 30th, 2016, 01:49 PM
Agreed. Sometimes life just sucks no matter what you do. If we can help just holler. I am sorry the news was not good.

Iris Girl
July 30th, 2016, 02:14 PM
Thinking of you and MM with good thoughts and wishes. Remember one day at a time.

sew-what2015
July 30th, 2016, 02:38 PM
So sorry to hear this. I will keep praying.
As others mentioned, we are here to listen when you are ready to talk.

Claire OneStitchAtATime
July 30th, 2016, 02:40 PM
Bubba, those doctor's visits can be like the dementors in Harry Potter -- they suck all the hope out of you. In times like that -- and believe me, I've had them, and worse -- I tell myself to just keep walking. I also try to deal with what is present, now, and not worry about what might be. The truth is that you never really know exactly what to worry about for the future. So I try to worry about what I know for sure, and figure there will be time to worry about the other stuff if/when it happens.

What you are dealing with takes enormous strength, and I am wishing both strength and grace for you and MM.

quiltingtrish
July 30th, 2016, 03:00 PM
Hugs and prayers for you both will continue.

rebeccas-sewing
July 30th, 2016, 04:56 PM
I'm so sorry to hear you've received discouraging news, Pat. Thinking of you and hoping whatever the outcome that you two can battle the storm.

AlohaSandy
July 30th, 2016, 07:27 PM
I've been there sending hugs and above all prayers

Angelia
July 30th, 2016, 10:36 PM
I'm sorry, Pat. I'm thinking of both of you.

ucarrieme
July 30th, 2016, 10:43 PM
I'm sorry! I'll be praying for you!

Carrie

SallyO'Sews
July 31st, 2016, 01:18 AM
Praying for you and MM, Pat. Hope you can feel the love from everyone here. Blessings to you both, dear one.

SisterDi
July 31st, 2016, 09:21 AM
Hey there, crappy Friday pal. I spent eight hours of mine in the ER, and ended up having a left leg full of blood clots. :(

Whatever it is you're dealing with, I'm sending you light and love, and as much strength as I can to get you through it.

Ginny B
July 31st, 2016, 09:47 AM
Pat, I've been away all weekend and wasn't able to check the forum. Sorry to hear the news wasn't encouraging. Hugs and prayers going out to you and MM.

bubba
July 31st, 2016, 01:59 PM
First, I want to thank everyone for all your thoughts and prayers. Over the next several months, Lord knows we will be needing them.

When we saw the doctor on Friday, he told us that the tumor they removed had invaded the muscle outside the bladder, which is not good and makes it an aggressive form of cancer. For the next 15 minutes of him talking, I have no idea what he said as my brain, heart and everything else turned to mush.

MM will be starting chemo very soon for the next five to six months and then when he is done with that, having an extensive surgery to remove his bladder and other parts.

He told me he will be fine, and that is what I am going to believe.

He is doing much better since his surgery this past Tuesday....I think it has more to do with getting his catheter out than anything else. He hated that thing!! Today he wants to go on a day trip, so that is what we are going to do!!

Again, many thanks to everyone!

LauraP
July 31st, 2016, 02:06 PM
When you are mentally ready, make another appointment with the doctor and take a tape recorder. Ask him to repeat what he said so you can understand it. Don't forget to feel the angel wings around you. Take care of yourself as you are taking care of him.

mommadeb
July 31st, 2016, 02:11 PM
Oh Bubba, so sad to hear this but remember we are all here for you and DH. This forum is full of wonderful people all praying for both of you.

amartin24
August 1st, 2016, 09:01 AM
So sorry Bubba to hear this news. Prayers for you and your husband. Faith and prayers make life bearable!

auntiemern
August 1st, 2016, 01:53 PM
I truly am so very sorry to hear this. Will keep you both in my prayers.

geegeequilts
August 1st, 2016, 03:25 PM
I'm sorry the news was not good. Will continue to pray for you.

Gina

GuitarGramma
August 1st, 2016, 09:28 PM
Oh Pat, I'm so sorry to hear about MM. He will be in my prayers.

Grandma G
August 2nd, 2016, 11:40 AM
That certainly is not the news I wanted to hear. I know I have heard about surgery where they reconstruct a new bladder and it worked out but I don't believe he had cancer outside the bladder. My continued prayers for both of you as you go through all of this.

bubba
August 2nd, 2016, 04:47 PM
That certainly is not the news I wanted to hear. I know I have heard about surgery where they reconstruct a new bladder and it worked out but I don't believe he had cancer outside the bladder. My continued prayers for both of you as you go through all of this.

The reoperation rate for a bladder replacement is very high as they fail quite often. There are a couple things to be done, and the one the urologist likes is a bag you wear on the outside of your body. MM definitely is NOT happy about that!! When we talk to the surgeon, we will learn more.

Caroline T.
August 2nd, 2016, 04:59 PM
Pat, I realize we don't know each other, and I'm new to the forum, but we are physically close to each other. I work in Tacoma, and live in Puyallup. So please, if there is anything I can do for you during this difficult time, run errands, sit with you and hold your hand, or just someone to talk to when you don't want to burden your family and friends with your fears, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Learner quilter
August 2nd, 2016, 05:28 PM
Dear Pat, Sorry to hear your news, sending ((((hugs)))) and thinking of you both. X

RockinLou
August 3rd, 2016, 04:59 PM
I have been on 'vacation' and missed this, I'm so sorry to hear this about MM. My thoughts and prayers are with you both as you work through this.

(((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

Snip Snip
August 3rd, 2016, 09:28 PM
Thinking of you; hoping you are able to find some good, memorable times with MM yet. Life is precious.