PDA

View Full Version : Friday you came too fast

Monique
July 29th, 2016, 06:50 AM
Holy moly, it's Friday ALREADY? That was quick. Well I set out to cut grass yesterday and that is what I did. 5 hours worth on foot. Hubby couldn't do. So it's done for another week. This will be the last that I can cut for a while. I also did laundry and washed the kitchen floor which was disgusting.

Today I can go into my sewing room and sew and not feel guilty about a dirty floor.

Not much happening here this weekend. It is a civic holiday in Ontario but a lot of Quebec businesses take it off too. I have a much needed hair appointment Monday night. I am hoping that Les decides to go back to the camp for the weekend, I can enjoy some free time.

Have a great weekend friends.

Bubby
July 29th, 2016, 07:16 AM
Morning Everyone....All is calm here. We finally made it through a night without a storm.

Our little Olive had to visit her vet yesterday and we found out she has stress colitis. He thinks it's from all the thunder we've had lately. He has seen several cases of this.....go figure. She got a shot and some pills for the bleeding and should be as good as gold in a few days (weather permitting).

I like Jenny's new tutorial and will give it a go. I'm on a quest to make a few little quilts for future great-grands. I would so love to be a GG.

Monique, I feel your pain with the mowing. Every year Jeff tries to spare me that task but every year he has so much going on at work that we would need to bale the grass if left up to him alone. We do what we have to do.....

Tomorrow we start work on our nightmare apartment. Not looking forward to that at all.

Have a wonderful Friday friends.....Hugs

Monique
July 29th, 2016, 07:30 AM
Morning Everyone....All is calm here. We finally made it through a night without a storm.

Our little Olive had to visit her vet yesterday and we found out she has stress colitis. He thinks it's from all the thunder we've had lately. He has seen several cases of this.....go figure. She got a shot and some pills for the bleeding and should be as good as gold in a few days (weather permitting).

I like Jenny's new tutorial and will give it a go. I'm on a quest to make a few little quilts for future great-grands. I would so love to be a GG.

Monique, I feel your pain with the mowing. Every year Jeff tries to spare me that task but every year he has so much going on at work that we would need to bale the grass if left up to him alone. We do what we have to do.....

Tomorrow we start work on our nightmare apartment. Not looking forward to that at all.

Have a wonderful Friday friends.....Hugs

Barb, good luck with that apartment. I have no doubt that there is lots of work to be done.

Ginny B
July 29th, 2016, 08:00 AM
Good morning. Friday is here and no work for me today --- well, no work at the office. We will be working at the house in Brooklyn. It's a rainy morning here. I've got a few hours to do some things here at home before heading out to pick up sis. I have been in a bit of a sewing slump recently. Maybe it's been the heat or that I'm just tired a lot. But the last couple of mornings I have worked on my lattice quilt and I hope to get a bit more done on it before leaving today.

Monique, glad your grass is done. Now enjoy your holiday weekend. Barb, good luck with the apartment. Here's hoping things go more smoothly than you expect.

Have a fantastic Friday everyone.

songbird857
July 29th, 2016, 08:12 AM
Morning all :)
Finally getting some much needed rain here! Even though I've been watering my little vegetable garden, it seems like things have stalled in the blossoming and growing department because of the ground being so dry. Seriously, we haven't needed to cut our grass in well over a month, it's been so dry.
I have shopping to do, laundry, gym, etc.... trying to get it all done because I have a busy weekend coming with a band gig, then a potluck on Sunday :)
Have a great weekend all!

Patsquilting
July 29th, 2016, 09:10 AM
Good Friday morning, all: grass cutting - since we moved to TN, it seems like it gets cut twice a week - and we have been in a dry situation also. Got a bad thunder storm 2 nights ago and rain on and off for 2 days - more today. More grass cutting - OH, BOY. So far, I haven't had to do it but will if I have to. Finished the binding (2-color) on a quilt I want to enter into our local county fair. Was not as hard as I thought it would be - I really like the affect. have a great weekend - stay cool - lots of hot weather going on everywhere.

QuiltingLindy
July 29th, 2016, 09:18 AM
Happy Friday! It is FINALLY raining in MA after 8 or 9 days of heat!! No grass to cut because it's dying of thirst and brown. :-(
I am working today but logged in to see what's going on. I am excited that it will cool down and I can start sewing again. My sewing room has no a/c. Got my first order from MSQC Wed and excited to go through what I bought. Have a great weekend!! Happy projects- whatever they are!

Mom23
July 29th, 2016, 11:00 AM
Good Morning All,

I am mowing my 4 yards, that takes 4 hours, every 4 days. I love to mow but always look forward to brown grass in July. Not this year. My radio headphone set is burning through batteries like never before. Mowing is on the schedule for today but we are supposed to get rain. That remains yet to be seen. We didn't get rain but my daughter's home is about two miles away and she got two inches yesterday. Definitely spotty showers. On the plus side, my flowers are looking beautiful and the pool is staying full of water.

I can't wait for Monday morning. I am going to Princeton, Missouri for a quilt retreat. We are going to a hunting lodge and the lodge host does all the cooking and clean up after three meals every day. All this for a cost of $50 a night!!! We are taking a field trip to Missouri Star on Wednesday and I'm looking forward to meeting up with friends for lunch.

For those of you following the saga with my DIL and grandson, I did get to go to St. Louis yesterday and spend the morning with them at The Magic House. It's a "hands on" place for children and Carter had a blast. I took my mom with me because DIL seems to like her better than me. It was the right thing to do because her kindness was extreme all day. I'm hoping this is the start of reconciliation, but I've said that before. It's a roller coaster ride!!!

It's a busy weekend with company coming tonight, the funeral of a family friend tomorrow along with meeting with a soon to be bride, and Sunday will be spent doing office work for our business. The bride contacted me knowing my situation with my DIL. She asked me for counseling on how to treat her future MIL. Not sure what I can offer but I am proud of her for thinking of how to handle things before it's too late.

Have a great weekend!!

easyquilts
July 29th, 2016, 11:24 AM
Oh man.... Friday..... Again.... Where did the week go?

I'm having a very lazy morning.... Didn't get to sleep 'till the wee hours....and then it took an Ambien....something I hate to resort to....

My fault... Got hooked on a new game.... Crazy Match......which is the same as Block Blitz, but prettier....

Today's plan.... Finish laundry, then finish quilting my star quilt for Baby George.... I think I made a Missouri Star...unintentionally... There's more white than I like, so, I plan to add some Big Stitch quilting in bright colors.... The grid is almost completely quilted...just SID... Nothing fancy.

I need to get to the store today..... Bread, milk, etc....plus, I want to buy some yarn....and maybe some new knitting needles... I have a jar full of crochet hooks... Susan Bates are my favorites.... The lucite ones are wonderful. Maybe my grandson will have time to Drive Miss Daisey.... He doesn't get the reference....

Right now I need more coffee.....and a shower....and a 30 minute walk on my treadmill....which I hate to do....Mathis will be my third straight day.... Right now, I definitely don't feel perky..... Going back to bed sounds like an option...but no.....I'll muddle through...

Happy Friday!

Wishing you all a great weekend... I'm hoping to get to

SewnByBee
July 29th, 2016, 11:53 AM
Sad Day HERE ,

We lost him...Scooter (our, -17 yr. Doxin)....
In the wee early hrs. ? Happened,making a right night, obvious, we were having, more serious probles.
Woke up Michael, to help John Michael, and me to help. We never left him, holding him , he took his Last brearh. ��������, our family will never be rhetoric same....we will miss him and all the love he brought us....

....♡~~~133662

LauraP
July 29th, 2016, 12:48 PM
It finally cooled off enough I could open the windows and air the house out. I hate how stuffy it gets when I have to run the a/c constantly. Since it's cooler outside I plan on working in the yard for a bit and then hopefully get the house vacuumed and dusted. Laundry is already going so it might be a productive day. This week has been dedicated to doing nothing but finding my feet again after being on the road so long. I love travelling but it always takes me a bit to change gears.
Losing a friend is always hard, Bee. He was sure a cute one.

rebeccas-sewing
July 29th, 2016, 01:25 PM
I'm sorry to hear your sad news, Bee. It's so hard to say goodbye.

quiltingtrish
July 29th, 2016, 11:39 PM
So sorry to hear your news of Scooter, Bee. It is always sad when we lose our fury parts of our family.

seaturtle
July 29th, 2016, 11:44 PM
Bee, so sorry about the loss of Scooter. I know how difficult it is to use your pet. Hugs to you.

Cokie
July 30th, 2016, 10:46 AM
Bee, I just saw your post. I'm so sorry for the loss of Scooter. It's so hard to lose a furbaby! Sounds like he had a long, happy life with you. Sending you a hug this morning.

SewnByBee
July 30th, 2016, 10:01 PM
Thank you all for your kindness, and prayers, as we walk this difficult road. Loosing Scooter, is especially hard, we got him for our family when rhe kids we're quite young.

We we're very fortunate to be able to say we had him for , just shy of 17 year's.....

Realized today how much I talked to the dog, ......now I really will be talking to myself.....oh no ....
》》》》》Bee《《《《《

JCY
July 30th, 2016, 10:26 PM
Sorry about losing your friend, Scooter. Pets become such a part of one's family. It's hard to say good-bye. I know you'll miss him.

Doloris
July 30th, 2016, 10:47 PM
Sorry to hear about Scooter. I had to have my 17 year old Jack Russell Terrier , Reba, put down the end of January, and I still talk to her most nights

pcbatiks
July 30th, 2016, 11:14 PM
Bee......sorry to hear about Scooter. They bring so many laughs and smiles into our lives.......it's hard when they leave us.

He was a cute dog.