PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Games

Marta
July 26th, 2016, 08:34 PM
I managed to buy two tickets to the Dressage finals. Watching an Olympic equestrian event is on my bucket-list. I am really excited. Going with my eldest daughter.
On the down side, it is sad to see that because of terrorists we need police and armed soldiers all over the city. It should be just colorful flags and happy people from all over the world.

Hulamoon
July 26th, 2016, 08:53 PM
It is sad it's coming down to that. I watch it every year when the Today show covers it. It's nice you were able to get tickets. My mom went to the Los Angeles games in 19984. She was all over buying pins, watches, napkins and all kinds of junk. lol

Stay safe :)

seaturtle
July 26th, 2016, 09:29 PM
It would be very exciting to be there. Enjoy your day at the games and stay safe!

shirleyknot
July 26th, 2016, 10:26 PM
I am so very jealous. I would LOVE to watch the dressage finals!

snippet
July 27th, 2016, 05:51 PM
oh wow, that will be a cool thing to do - go to an Olympics event! Have fun and don't let the hassles get you down. Take photos!

jjkaiser
July 27th, 2016, 06:32 PM
A friend of mine is volunteering at the Olympics, wow what a commitment but something he always wanted to do. Even though he is fluent in Spanish, Russian, Chinese, German, Ukranian/Polish, and English he had to take a crash course in Portuguese to volunteer! Plus take 4 weeks off of work, pay for his flight from NYC to Rio, and find/pay for his lodging and food at the games. The organizers were way behind in making the schedule out. He was supposed to be notified in April what towns he would be going to so he could make his plane reservations, but was first told last week where he would be assigned. Still he is very excited about going and he leaves this weekend. Crazy things are always happening to this guy so I am sure he will come back with many adventure stories!!

Jean Sewing Machine
July 27th, 2016, 07:04 PM
How wonderful to be able to attend in your own city! Enjoy!

Monique
July 27th, 2016, 07:55 PM
Oh wow, have a wonderful time. Can't wait to hear all about it.