PDA

View Full Version : On the 11th Day of December...

toggpine
December 11th, 2011, 06:19 AM
Cathy raids the cupboard!
It's about 1AM and I was sewing along and I had a craving for chocolate. I saw that Hubby had brought home some M&Ms from Costco so I thought I'd raid his stash instead of mine. (DUH!)
I had to bust out the sewing machine oil! The hinge on that cabinet squeaked, and we can't have that giving me away! Then I thought about what I was doing and laughed. I doubt he could have heard the hinge over his snoring!

Well back to the machine! I'll check in with you all later!
Hugs, Cathy

lilmouse
December 11th, 2011, 06:36 AM
I am a night owl and haven't gone to bed yet...thought I would catch up on my "reading"

ginampls
December 11th, 2011, 09:24 AM
morning every one. i woke aat 5 am centeral time. tryed to go back to bed...sleep i mean......nope soo here i am...i have 5 days off from thejob. but i miss it...hope ican keep the job but i am only part time seasonal.

i have been looking through the gallery...feeling like sewing....perhaps tomorrow.. as DD like to help. ohwe went bowling yesterday... she loved it. will have to do it again next weekend.

Monique
December 11th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Good morning all you early birds. I had a wonderful time reconnecting with long lost family yesterday. A beautiful meal was served, and while my cousins all exchanged gifts, there appeared a gift for my brother and I frmom my Aunt. How thoughtful she was, just even the thought. She did also gave me a pair of earrings which belonged to my grandmother.

Today we off to an auction sale. I saw that they had a collection of thimbles. Sounds interesting if I can get them for cheap. Have a wonderful Sunday all.

Loonwatcher
December 11th, 2011, 09:33 AM
I've been awake since 3:30. Some reading, some iPod, some hot cocoa (instant kind). Did take a tiny nap for about an hour after DH left to go have coffee with the boys.

I need to get sewing. I have one gift left to make then I can work on getting my new sewing area organized and work on the iron quilter project.

Wishing I had some M&M's,

Bubby
December 11th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Good Morning....It's really cold here today....DH just gave up trying to have his morning coffee on the porch.

I will be baking Christmas goodies today to give to neighbors and some of DH's co-workers. Several of them are bachelors and seldom get anything homemade so I try to send them something homemade whenever I can.

I wish you all a wonderful Sunday and I'll check back in after church....Hugs, Barb

HandsOffItsMine
December 11th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Good middle of the night...3 am, been up for an hour...and turned the air on low! :) Tropical storm, raining and blowing like crazy.

Did some more research on an embroidery machine. To combo or solo, to keep my kidney or sell it. Barb, did you pick one out yet?

Wrapped up the gifts to be sent to CA, had dinner with some transplants from Colorado that we gave a big Tommy Bahama chair and ottoman to last week. They paid us back with home made TexMex, was great company and food, was stuffed! Maybe that's why I'm up?!?

Hopefully once the place is cool again, I can go back to sleep. I'll check back later.

Have a great day all, Ruby

Shannon
December 11th, 2011, 10:40 AM
glad I'm not alone in the wee hours of the night! DD and I got a little crazy yesterday and bought DGD a new puppy! So cute, he is 1/2 chihuahua and 1/2 bison..they actually have a name for it, he's called a chi-chon. How's that for getting fancy? In my day we called them mutts. But now days they give them fancy name and call them hybrids (seriously)

Anyway, since I am the first one up I get to babysit. So far he refuses to pee outside, so having to watch him super close..eventually nature will take it's course but it's not going to be on my carpets!

Buddy, by westie baby is having hissy fits and won't leave the poor puppy alone. I keep trying to tell him that puppy isn't staying forever, just until DD and DGD move. I don't think he believes me :(

DGD just turned 6 last weekend hasn't seen the new puppy yet as she was at a sleep over last night. Can't wait for her to get home today...she's going to explode when she sees the puppy.

Anyway, back to watch the little darling so my carpets don't get blessed the first day!

Have a good Sunday everyone :)

MRoy
December 11th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Good morning...up at 4 am, but managed to go back to sleep till 6:30. I worked on blocks for my grandson's quilt yesterday then DH and I went to the Amish furniture store where he surprised me by buying the oak end tables I'd spotted earlier this week. I'd been looking for tables like these for ages and would've bought them myself but I didn't tell him that! Now I have my birthday and Christmas presents. Went to a Christmas dinner last night with lots of good food and fellowship. Wishing everyone a blessed Sunday!

LynneLeavell
December 11th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Good morning all. I was up 2:15 with Middle Grandson. Got him to go back to bed and then was awaken by oldest grandson climbing in my bed at 8 so decided it was time to get up. Got a couple of things going this morning so hopefully will have a productive day. Hope everyone has a great day.

Sandy Navas
December 11th, 2011, 11:08 AM
I can't believe there are so many people with severe (hee hee) sleeping disorders. Must be the chocolate that keeps everyone up - that or the hot salsa and grandkids. I forced myself to climb out of bed by 7 a.m. my time - only because I have projects to finish.

I really am a wall-flower, home-body type person. However, today we are taking three of the DGDs to see A Christmas Carol at the University. They love the plays. I love the plays, too, but would much rather stay home and sew today. And then tomorrow the Viking dealer is hosting an afternoon party for the embroidery/digitizing groups - so off Al and I go. I need to take a dish to pass - must be something simple . . . may resort to store-bought!!! Wonder if I can get by with a bag of chips? I really want to sew.

Off here since there's nothing wise and important to say. Still have a long prayer list - so many names on it. You know I have you in my mind if you are suffering in any way, shape or form. Warm hugs to share.

BTW like my picture without my teeth?

Lisaau
December 11th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Lol @sandy you look very ravishing !!! lololol

cyndiofthevortex
December 11th, 2011, 01:35 PM
What in the world was everyone doing up in the middle of the night?!? By two you should all be down for your afternoon naps. No fussing about it, either. Grab your favorite blankie and find a comgy place to lie down. A good nap will be just what you need to get through the rest of the day.

Cyndi

paulettepoe
December 11th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Many years ago when i was married, I would stay up all night and quilt. (have almost 100 under my belt) and just before the "ex" would get up for work I would sneak into bed. Well, I still have fabric from those days, I loaded it all up took my clothes, my sewing machines and $300 and left. Have never looked back. Some of that same fabric has been back and forth across the United States 3 times. Well, today....its finally home in southern Utah. and I sit and sew all day and sleep well all night. LOL. Life is grand!

toggpine
December 11th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Hi again!
I crawled into bed about 4:30. I have one Annie body sewn and stuffed except for the small stuffing holes. The other one will get stuffed tonight. I hope to get the clothes cut today along with an elephant or something. The doll is getting to the point where she is recognizable, so anymore sewing on her will have to happen on her whilst the Em is sleeping or at school. I only have 4 more school days before she is out for three weeks.
Off to church and then back to the list if Things-To-Do-Before-Christmas.
Hugs and M&M's to all!
Cathy

HandsOffItsMine
December 11th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Ok, went back to bed at 4 and got up at 7. One cup of coffee down, been surfing on the net, reading up on all of your accomplishments, now need to get sewing!

It's a gloomy day here in Paradise, storms across the islands since about 7 last night. There's a 25K that started in Honolulu at 5am, glad I'm not participating. lol Perfect day for sewing, though.

Don just left for his walk with his bag of food to feed: two wild mama dogs, three wild kitties, flock of wild chickens, ducks at pond of closed resort that's being remodeled, peacocks from our complex that follow him off the grounds so that they can be fed (fine if any residents feeds them on the condo complex). We're in a NON-PET condo, yet we have dog biscuits, dog food, and cat food in our food pantry. LOL Hit repeat and he does this again tomorrow, unless something comes up. :)

We do miss having a pet as you can tell.

Well, happy Sunday and enjoy the day! ruby

ChristineB
December 11th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Good afternoon all!! Finishing up my Christmas decorating today! And, going to put some more Christmas lights outside. I hope there will be time for me to spend in my sewing room today (wish, wish)! Have a great day everyone!!

Nena
December 11th, 2011, 11:45 PM
I missed the morning with all of you--it is now evening and all is well in my home. I had a wonderful day. I did wake up early--but just kind of did a whole lot of nothing much. Finally got my act together and called my sewing partner and had her come over to have a sew day with me. She did--and we had a great time. I was so busy sewing that I forgot to get dinner going. So I got creative in the kitchen quickly and make gormet macaroni and cheese and hot dogs!!! Everyone must have been hungry because they all ate it and did not complain. Went back into my sewing room and did some more fun things. I am alittle tired of sewing christmas stuff--so I jumped ahead and made a wall quilt for valentines day. I have been meaning to make the one from the video from MSQC. It turned out so cute. I just need to sandwich it and quilt it. Getting ready for bed now, tomorrow and work is going to come quick enough.

toggpine
December 12th, 2011, 12:19 AM
What in the heck happened to my day? I haven't seemed to get anything done today. I have one thing cut out and that is it. Although the house has been picked up (like you could really tell), lunch and dinner have been made and cleaned up, all of the animals have been fed and put to bed. My husband did get the front porch plants cleaned up for winter and he hung out the twinkle lights across the front porch and around the kitchen windows. I'd like to have the icicle ones hanging off the gutters, but I won't get greedy!
Now that dinner is over and the kitchen all cleaned up I am good to go until it's time to wrestle the young'un into bed. About an hour to hour and a half from now. I guess I had better get cutting.
Catch you all tomorrow, unless I pull another long night and have to confess to raiding the husband's M&M stash again. I guess since the hinge doesn't squeak any more you all won't know, unless I leave rainbow colored finger prints on my fabric!