PDA

View Full Version : Dark and Stormy this late afternoon,,,

MayinJerset
July 25th, 2016, 07:12 PM
lots of thunder and heavy rain falling, just hope we don't lose power. DGD Christine and family were scheduled to spend the day on the beach and hope they left before the storm got close to them.

Makes me remember the time many years ago when we belonged to local pool club. All the pools were cleared because of an approaching thunder storm and a neighbor who also belonged to the pool club asked for a ride home. I had a small 2 door car so it was a bit of a squeeze for my 3 sons (2 tall teens and a 6 yr old) plus me, our very tall neighbor and her 2 very tall teenage sons but somehow we made it. Ride home was kind of scary because we had to detour because of flooding but we all were happy to get to our block in one piece.

Simply Quilting
July 25th, 2016, 07:18 PM
Hope the power does stay on and you are able to stay safe.

sewbizzy
July 25th, 2016, 09:31 PM
I hope your power stayed on May...ours was out for 4 hours after a brief cloudburst around 2:30 this afternoon...it is taking the house forever to cool down...what did we do without air conditioning?...

Ginny B
July 25th, 2016, 11:41 PM
Made it home from work in between storms. Power stayed on here. My sis got stuck on the LIRR. They were headed into the city to a wake but a tree fell on the tracks. Back to the station and then they headed home. There was some mean lightning with these storms for sure.

stationarymom
July 26th, 2016, 01:35 AM
I hope your power stayed on.We had a big storm on Friday ,but today they missed us.

Carol336
July 26th, 2016, 07:39 AM
When I saw your thread title I thought you were going to have a drink.....DH makes a drink called Dark and Stormy. Not too sure what's in it, but I think ginger beer and dark rum.

I hope the storm wasn't too bad and you didn't lose power

MayinJerset
July 26th, 2016, 10:08 AM
We didn't lose power and it really cooled off after the storms had passed. Would have been nice to celebrate with a Dark n Stormy drink, might try that next time especially if we are left sitting in the dark with no power.