PDA

View Full Version : It's Sunday and I am off to the Bush

Monique
July 24th, 2016, 07:33 AM
Good morning from sunny Ladysmith this morning. Yes, today is the day. Going for rest, relaxation and peace and quiet. No sewing will be had but lots of fishing I hope. I will be back Wednesday.

I started sewing the binding on the butterfly quilt. That will get finished later when I return.

Have a wonderful week friends. Safe travels for those going on vacation.

**psssst: Bubba has a birthday this week.

Carol336
July 24th, 2016, 07:58 AM
Have a wonderful time Monique....I hope you get lots of rest and catch a boatload of fish.

I'm staring to gear up for our family vacation to the outer banks. Still have a couple of weeks until we leave, but I'm already beginning to gather stuff and making little piles of all the things we'll be needing while we're there.

Yesterday I put my pool game book together for the kiddies. Every day while we're away we have pool games and the winner of the games gets to select a "prize" from the treasure chest. I have been gathering little "prizes" (most under a couple of dollars) for the treasure chest for several months now. The fun part of this game is that it has snowballed into other areas of the vacation. For instance, if they set the table for dinner or help with clean up after, they get a trip to the treasure chest. They've even been known to do a job without even being asked, just to get a "prize"....it's one of the best ideas we've ever come up with - LOL

Have a great day everyone

Patsquilting
July 24th, 2016, 08:05 AM
Have a great vacation - catch plenty of fish!! Butterfly quilt will be there when you get back.

What a great idea for the games. I will have to tell my daughter about this for her 3.

Here's to a great week all. Going to be hot in many areas - so be careful, remember your fluids. Happy Sunday!

MayinJerset
July 24th, 2016, 09:42 AM
Didn't want to repeat the mistake I made yesterday so I double checked and Yes, today is Sunny Sunday. A nice and cool one also but it won't stay that way for long so I am enjoying having the windows opening and hearing the birds twittering while I have my coffee.

Monique sounds like an ideal getaway for you and DH so enjoy it and catch loads of fish. Carole, You really have a great way to keep the kids busy with the treasure chest - fun and gets them to help out at the same time.

Ginny B
July 24th, 2016, 11:39 AM
Good morning and Happy Sunday. Have a wonderful trip Monique. Hope e fish are biting. Carol, great idea for the games and treasure chest.

Beautiful morning here. I was out early to water since it's going to be another scorcher. We decided not to go to the beach today. We'll stay home and do a few things around here but mostly relax. We accomplished a lot around here yesterday and then spent yesterday afternoon and evening with Kathryn, Joe and our amazing little Henry. We had a fun time. Right before we were getting ready to head home , I was sitting on the couch snuggling with him. He looked up at me and said "I love hanging out with you and Grandpa.". Melted my heart. The vocabulary and ability to understand things that he has is amazing . He is only 2 1/2.

Time to head out to the farm stand and see what they have to offer today. Have a great day. Keep cool.

SewnByBee
July 24th, 2016, 12:58 PM

Good morning,
Here's a smile to start the day out with........🌝.

No vacation, here.
Trying to get up the funds to replace the printer and copy machine, some extras for my BLE -machine, aswell as , storage too.
I really want the Go Big electric fabric cutter too.
I will see how it works out on the priorities list.
I hope to get my organizing easier, faster, fixing a task plan of action, to combine, and separate, these issues.
I think it will start coming together.
I found some nice studio ideas, take a look at UN , I'm sew inspired......🌝

Have a grate Sunday......Smile on.

Hope you all have a safe and fun time with family's and friends....Be blessed and safe.

Simply Quilting
July 24th, 2016, 01:16 PM
Yesterday, we got all 19 dozen ears of corn taken care of. There is more on the way today but not sure how many. We had asked for 25 dozen ears but the guy was unsure if he had that many ready to go. If not that many, we will take what we can get. I am not planning on working up any today but will get back at the corn tomorrow.

Otherwise it is very quiet around here after church. The children are reading on books.

Have a great Sunday everyone :)

JCY
July 24th, 2016, 03:15 PM
When my kids were still at home & I didn't have diabetes, we used to scarf up on the corn on the cob. Soooo good, dripping with butter. I usually got just a crate (5 doz.) at a time to prepare for the freezer. Don't do that any more. We have an organic grower here who grows the best sweet corn! DH won't eat it any more, & I shouldn't, except for rarely, as a treat. It really shoots up my blood sugar.

I'm taking it easy today. I'm all tuckered out from working in the yard yest. I hope to finish the FMQ on the latest baby quilt this afternoon. Might even make a start on the binding. The strips are all sewn together & wrapped on the cardboard tube ready to go.

SewnByBee
July 24th, 2016, 04:52 PM
Fresh Sweet corn sounds DELISH .....Pitoes , cornbread, and some fried taters, and oakra too.....darn I'm hungry now, thanks friends......lol.