PDA

View Full Version : Happy Sunday

MayinJerset
July 23rd, 2016, 08:52 AM
133439 Maybe that should be Hot Sunday!

Nice cool breezes this morning but soon to change as we're under a Heat Alert. Very quiet here on the forum this morning as I expect everyone is out and about while it's a bit cool. We'll be giving the front lawn and shrubs a big drink to tide them over and then hanging out indoors with the AC on.

Yesterday we had a wonderful visit from DGD Christine and family, DH and I got to meet 5 month old GGS James. Boy is he a cute chubby armful. Photos to follow as DGD will be emailing them to me later today. They are trying to visit as much family as they can during their visit as well as attending a friend's wedding. Can't believe it's a year since DGD's last visit when I asked her how her DH and dog were doing and she replied DH and dog and Baby were doing fine. Quite a novel way to make the announcement that they were expecting.

K. McEuen
July 23rd, 2016, 09:07 AM
Or hot Saturday even ...

MayinJerset
July 23rd, 2016, 09:13 AM
Or hot Saturday even ...

LOL - Thanks for the reminder, Silly me, Yes it's going to be Hot Saturday and Hot Sunday.

Bubby
July 23rd, 2016, 09:39 AM
That's okay, May....we love you!

It's going to be the hottest day of the year today with super high humidity. Even the Girls are feeling it and will likely be indoors all day.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day....

Sylvia H
July 23rd, 2016, 09:41 AM
So, I overslept today, not getting out of bed until 8 AM. Took the dog out, fed him, took him out again and then sat down at the computer. I had been thinking about the things I wanted to get done today .... and on Sunday. Then I saw the title to the thread. OMG! Did I sleep an entire day? My mind is still foggy! Thankfully, Karen was able to clarify for both of us!

seaturtle
July 23rd, 2016, 09:49 AM
shewww, for a minute there, I thought I missed the party! My youngest DGS turns 7 today and his mom has scheduled a party in a local park. It is also supposed to be the hottest day here. I'm hoping for lots of shade in the trees. Everyone have a great day and stay cool.

Caroline T.
July 23rd, 2016, 09:51 AM
"Happy Sunday"? I know I overslept, but WOW didn't realize how late! :icon_rofl:

Happy Weekend to you too! Enjoy and try to keep cool.

Ginny B
July 23rd, 2016, 10:35 AM
Oh my goodness May. You gave me a jolt. Here I was looking forward to the weekend and now you were telling me it was half over already! �� But I know you were really just testing us to make sure we were paying attention and our brains weren't fried from the heat. :)

Yup going to be a hot stretch. We've gotten the veggies, herbs, flowers and grass watered in the backyard and I did the flower pots up front. Now dh has the sprinkler on for the lawn so everybody got a good dose of water to help them get through the day.

We will be heading over to one of my stepdaughters' house for a BBQ around 4 . I have a feeling that the food will be closed out side but the eating will be inside. I'm bringing dessert but there will be no baking done. We will pick something up at the bakery.

Have a good day everyone. Stay cool. Hydrate!

shirleyknot
July 23rd, 2016, 10:53 AM
I'll have a hot fudge sund......oh wait.................

MayinJerset
July 23rd, 2016, 11:04 AM
Oh my goodness May. You gave me a jolt. Here I was looking forward to the weekend and now you were telling me it was half over already! �� But I know you were really just testing us to make sure we were paying attention and our brains weren't fried from the heat. :)

Been too quiet on the forum lately and we needed something to get us going on this sizzling weekend.

quiltingtrish
July 23rd, 2016, 11:15 AM
I woke up yesterday thinking it was Sunday. I thought I lost 2 days. Good thing I didn't cause yesterday turned out to be pretty eventful with moving bedrooms around. Son #2 didn't seem happy with the fact that I brought all his stuff upstairs. He said he knew where everything was. So I told him that since he has his own house that if he would take his leftover stuff to his house then he would know where everything was which he agreed with.
Today I am pricing the yard sale stuff for the weekend of August 6/7. I am even thinking of posting some of it locally online beforehand hoping I get some buyers so I don't have to truck the big stuff to where I am going to sell it. It's a good day to stay inside.
I hope to be posting some photos next week since my daughter sat with me to figure out my photo problem.
Off to get busy. Hoping that my daughter is staying cool somehow. She is up at Penn State playing softball in a state's tournament.
Have a great day everyone.

Cathy F
July 23rd, 2016, 01:25 PM
Morning all,
Was up and out early before it gets too hot. Went to the farmers market and the quilt shop which was on the way, so of course I had to stop!
My daughter is coming out today and we're going to help her change out the hardtop on her Jeep for the soft top for the summer. My son and his family will be over for dinner later and we'll barbeque but if it's too hot eat indoors.
I'm almost done with the free standing applique and lace pumpkin I'm working on. I really like it but it takes perseverance stitching it all out. This is something you make for yourself or someone you really like that will appreciate all the time invested in it. There are about 6 different pumpkins on the CD and all are nice. May try a couple more after the Christmas projects get done. Seems I keep getting distracted on that front and time's a flying.
Off to get started with the family on the Jeep, wishing everyone a good weekend!

K. McEuen
July 23rd, 2016, 02:29 PM
LOL - Thanks for the reminder, Silly me, Yes it's going to be Hot Saturday and Hot Sunday.

Hey, it was super early here, I was on my way back to bed from a potty break and checked the forum. I had to check my phone for the day after I saw your post.

jjkaiser
July 23rd, 2016, 02:35 PM
After a cool 75-ish summer and very dry here, today it is supposed to be 95 and we are going to an outdoor wedding. Not looking forward to putting a dress on and all that, but I sure wouldn't want to have to be in a tux or wedding gown on a day like this! Keep cool everyone, see you tomorrow that would actually be Sunday lol!!

JCY
July 23rd, 2016, 06:37 PM
Another hot day in Colorado! Our high was 106 today! I got out early to work in the yard. Replanted that bed I took apart 2 days ago. Started in on another tree circle bed. I ended up working outside almost 4.5 hrs., which is a lot for me. I had a goal in sight & wanted to reach that before quitting. I took out all the plants in that second bed & weeded out the grass. Hard work! I have the flowers in pans of water to keep the roots moist until I can replant (probably Mon.) By the time I quit, DH said it was 104. It felt like it. I took a cool bath to help cool off my body. I was really hot. Fortunately, I was working in the shade & there was a breeze, but it still was super hot.

I did more FMQ on the baby quilt yest. afternoon & hope to finish it today. I've had more problems with thread breakage this time. Not sure what's up with that. I've adjusted the tension a couple times. I probably should change the needle after I'm done with this quilt.

My son lives in MD. He said their temp. was supposed to be ~100 deg. with high humidity & a heat index >100. It seems to be hot over much of the country. Stay cool & don't overdo it. Stay hydrated & drink plenty of fluids.

I'm taking it easy the rest of the day (well, after FMQ).

kimsophia
July 24th, 2016, 01:58 PM
I realized it was Sunday about a half an hour before church so we hurried and still managed to be early enough that the parking lot was largely empty...folks seem to show up 5 minutes before the service starts, somehow! The bulletin has been asking for toddler toys for the worship busy bags so I donated the little Amish doll and tiny dog I sewed. I made a pocket in her apron for him to ride around in. :) I hope somebody likes it. It's all cloth so they can drop it and it won't make noise like some of the toys in the bags. Then home to cross stitch some more St. Nicholas. I think I could get this one done today...only four more renditions to go after that...

Cool air is supposed to start coming in this evening and it will be very welcome. I haven't been out in my garden for days. But I have a cat who likes the heat and goes out onto the south deck to snooze. She lays in the shade of a chair, though, when the sun is out. Keeping the cats happy is job #1 around here! :)