PDA

View Full Version : Its the weekend in Sunny Oz

Tracy14
July 22nd, 2016, 10:59 PM
Hi,

Haven't been here for a few weeks. Just been so busy with school things like going to sports days, doing playdates with the kids. Just never enough time. Hopefully things now are going to slow down. My daughter is having a friend over this arvo for a few hours. I suppose I better get use to this as my girls are approaching teenage years fast. lol

Its a sunny but cooler day here today in Melbourne. 8.5 degrees at lunch time here. Counting down the days till Spring. Its my favourite season. Went to the park just down the road the other day and I saw the most beautiful thing. 2 black swans with 6 fluffy babies. It was so cute.

I am in the middle of making a top for me, still sitting on my sewing table for the last 2 weeks. I will get there. :) I haven't been to my fabric shop for so long so think I might have to do a trip there next week :icon_heh:

My husband is out to the shops to get me a new rice cooker as mine stopped working. Is it sad to get excited about a new kitchen appliance. :icon_woot:

quiltsRfun
July 23rd, 2016, 12:33 AM
Thanks for the report from down under. I look forward to seeing the quilt you're making. I haven't been doing much sewing myself for the past couple of months. Been busy with many family obligations. Things are calming down a bit so hopefully I can get back to it. We're in the midst of 100+ degree weather here. Thank goodness for air conditioning.

Enjoy your new rice cooker.

quiltingtrish
July 23rd, 2016, 12:34 AM
Hi Tracy. You just pop in whenever you can. It's funny, you are looking forward to Spring when most of the U.S. is in a heat wave. It think someone posted that only 2 out of the 50 states had temperatures below 90F today. I think here in Pennsylvania it is to hit 100 tomorrow and I plan on staying inside only to make up for it and be outside most of Sunday which is supposed to hit the high temps again.
'sad to get excited about getting a new kitchen appliance" - nope not at all. Currently, I can't wait to get a part for my clothes washer that is to come on Tuesday. It's funny how we depend on certain things to work the way we want them to.

Hulamoon
July 23rd, 2016, 01:07 AM
I love new gadgets. I used my new spiralizer today to make zucchini noodles. A little tip about rice cookers (everyone in Hawaii owns at least three) is those flavored boxes like Spanish rice, you could can use your cooker for. Comes out great.

It's humid as heck here. blah

jjkaiser
July 23rd, 2016, 02:32 AM
Ha ha ha you aren't the only one excited about kitchen appliances. I have a plumber coming next Wednesday to install a new kitchen faucet and repair my dishwasher which hasn't worked in eight years!! Yes I have hand washed every single dish, glass, silverware and the pots and pans for the last eight years. To say I am exited is kind of an understatement!

Tracy14
July 23rd, 2016, 11:27 PM
Hope its starts to cool down for everyone in the U.S. We had a whole week last year of temps up to 40 degrees, that is 104 fernihiet. Everything was so dry last year and the bush fires were around. Thankfully the weather has sifted to la nina and we had rain and everything has greened up. We even had a late Autumn this year because the temperature was above average in April/May. Not sure what Summer has to offer us this year.

Got my new rice cooker. Haven't used it. My husband got one with a steamer on it. Never had one like that before. lol.

Things are so much quieter for me next week. I need a rest I think, been feeling tired and worn out. Having a afternoon sewing after I have lunch.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. :)

Midge
July 24th, 2016, 10:01 AM
Savor every moment of this busy time of life. They grow up and are gone so quickly. You will have plenty of time for sewing and this board when the house is quiet on a permanent basis! And yes, it is very sad to get excited about a new kitchen appliance. I recently got a new rice cooker too and I was downright silly over it.