PDA

View Full Version : Thursday, one day closer to Friday

Monique
July 21st, 2016, 08:06 AM
Okay so today and tomorrow and then I am DONE working for a while.

I am also DONE quilting the butterfly quilt. Now to trim and get the binding put on. A very special person is going to make me an awesome label for the back.

So now to figure out what to take to work on. Hmmmmmm.

It is supposed to be REAL HOT today. Temperatures will feel close to 100F here. It is cool right now so I will shut it up for the day to keep it cool.

Oh and I forgot to share my mousecapades with you. I had to perform another drowning the night before last. I was sitting watching tv and then came the big SNAP!! Yup, looked and there it was. I think I caught this one by the foot this time. Into the bucket he goes, into the bucket goes the water, and then into the bucket goes more water, cause he figured he could stand on the trap and keep his head above water. Not going to happen little fellow. In a few minutes, he is gone. So outside we go and down the sewer drain he goes. So that totals 3 live mice caught in the last couple of weeks.

Have an awesome day friends. AND don't forget to smile today.

songbird857
July 21st, 2016, 08:57 AM
LOL Monique... mousecapades :)
Good morning all...
I'll be heading to the gym in a bit - I may be able to carve out some time later to play with fabric ;)
I hope everyone has a great day!

Bubby
July 21st, 2016, 09:03 AM
Morning Everyone,

We went to Cuba yesterday and found a domestic disturbance (with police) happening in the parking lot...such a joy for us to walk in one something like that.

The apartment I have been so concerned about was worse than we even imagined. Jeff figures there is about $30,000 to $35,000 in damages. I won't go into the gross, sickening details involving feces, but some of the creative things they did: All light fixtures, blades from the ceiling fans, bannister and railings on the stairs, turntable for the microwave, garbage disposal, racks and shelves from all closets are missing. Oh yes, all doorknobs were taken, patio door is shattered. There had also been a fire in the bathtub and they let water overflow from the bathtub so there is water damage up and downstairs. All appliances are ruined not to mention all the flooring throughout. If I wasn't so angry I would cry. We have a court date next month to present the damages. Criminal charges are being filed on the damage also. This goes far, far beyond just leaving am apartment filthy. I can't wrap my brain around people who live in an apartment for 3 months without paying rent and when you take legal action to get them out they destroy our property. Sorry to bore you with this...I needed to vent a little. I could say so-o-o much more.

I have oodles of calls to make today and a few errands to run. I may even sew a little for some fun.

Have a great day everyone.

quiltingtrish
July 21st, 2016, 09:28 AM
Eww - mice. Don't like them either and find one or two dead ones every now and then, darn cats - where are they when you need them.
Oh Barb. I don't understand how people can even think to do stuff like that. They should go to jail for all that damage. I hope somehow justice prevails.
Today is the quilt show in Hershey so I will check in later tonight. It's nice that it's only about 45 minutes away.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 21st, 2016, 10:29 AM
Morning Everyone,

We went to Cuba yesterday and found a domestic disturbance (with police) happening in the parking lot...such a joy for us to walk in one something like that.

The apartment I have been so concerned about was worse than we even imagined. Jeff figures there is about $30,000 to $35,000 in damages. I won't go into the gross, sickening details involving feces, but some of the creative things they did: All light fixtures, blades from the ceiling fans, bannister and railings on the stairs, turntable for the microwave, garbage disposal, racks and shelves from all closets are missing. Oh yes, all doorknobs were taken, patio door is shattered. There had also been a fire in the bathtub and they let water overflow from the bathtub so there is water damage up and downstairs. All appliances are ruined not to mention all the flooring throughout. If I wasn't so angry I would cry. We have a court date next month to present the damages. Criminal charges are being filed on the damage also. This goes far, far beyond just leaving am apartment filthy. I can't wrap my brain around people who live in an apartment for 3 months without paying rent and when you take legal action to get them out they destroy our property. Sorry to bore you with this...I needed to vent a little. I could say so-o-o much more.

I have oodles of calls to make today and a few errands to run. I may even sew a little for some fun.

Have a great day everyone.
I am so sorry to hear this for you guys. Some people are just subhuman. Hope you can get some recompense from the court action, but as they say, " you can't get blood from a turnip", so probably not from those who caused this disaster.

seaturtle
July 21st, 2016, 10:59 AM
Wow, Bubby, I can not imagine what you're going through. I hope you get some relief through the court system or at least they get some punishment. So sorry about you're dealing with. It does sound like you rented to something other than humans.

Monique, we caught a mouse once and tried to keep it for a pet (at DS's request). We had a nice cage for him, but he managed to chew through the metal in 3 days and was lost again in the house. The cat eventually found him and shared him with the dog and that was the end of his pet days!

I plan to finish working on a donation quilt today and start making some of the side dishes for my DGS's birthday party on Saturday.

Songbird, good work on being so diligent about the gym. Enjoy your workout.
Quiltingirish, have fun at the quilt show.
Have a good day, everyone!

GaGa
July 21st, 2016, 11:24 AM
Oh, Barb, that is absolutely awful. It's very hard to understand why anyone would do that. I hope you get resolution through the courts - but you still have to deal with it. I'm so sorry.

WendyI
July 21st, 2016, 11:37 AM
Oh Monique! I could never do something like that! Poor wee mouses!! I rescued a mouse once! lol! I know they're bad in the house but that makes me so sad. :(

Barb, OMIGOSH! I'm so sorry this happened! Will your insurance cover the repairs at least? I also will never understand people who do these kinds of things....especially feces...like what kind of mentality do you have to have to do something like that!?!? It's bizarre! And then expect to live somewhere for free and get angry when you're evicted for not paying your way? Animals, pure and simple. They should be put in jail...at least there they'd be taught some basic, human skills! I would be so furious at this kind of abuse! I'm sending (((HUGE HUGS)))) your way!!

Today is my last day of work for 18 days!! WOOOT!! Tonight the dog and bird both go to the sitters, then a few groceries/healthy snacks for the road as I have to watch what I eat, packing the car and in the morning after rush hour we're off!! Liam is quite excited to see everyone so I'm glad about that. If anyone has any ideas for road trip games I can play with him while driving (besides I SPY!) I'm all ears!!

Sending love and hugs to all who need them!! xoxox

SewnByBee
July 21st, 2016, 11:48 AM
Hey yall,

Today my son turned 21...... Ouch.
Can't believe it....how time flies.

We'll take him out to eat, whatever, he chooses to celebrate, his B'day.

I'll be busy in pappers and phone business today.
Our internet is so bad, it's awful. Co. said , it's an problem far and wide. Not just us....hmmmm ?????
How about yours ????
We'll its frustrating, I can't stand it.

No rat's allowed here........kitty, kitty, kitty....lol.

Have a blessed day, friends, ....✘♡✘♡✘♡

rebeccas-sewing
July 21st, 2016, 12:15 PM
Sorry to hear this unfortunate news, Barb. I hope your insurance will help you with the damage. That's a pretty big bill to have to pay to get you back to square one. Causes my blood pressure to rise just thinking about irresponsible people who behave this badly.

Simply Quilting
July 21st, 2016, 12:20 PM
Good Morning!

Barb, I am so sorry to hear about your apartment complex. I just don't understand how people can be so destructive to other people's property.

We worked up some corn yesterday. Ended up with 31 cups for the freezer. The rest of the corn is not ready so we will be waiting a little while. I am hoping the corn is ready at least by early next week because the month of August is starting to looking very busy.

It is suppose to be another hot one today. This morning at 9AM I had to drive a lady from her apartment to her work, the windows on my van were very hot to the touch within 10 minutes even with the air conditioner running.

Today I am wanting to spend some time sewing but there is housework that needs to be done first. Lunch is already in the works - I put on a pork roast with a Smoked Applewood rub last night. For sides, we will have fresh from the farm corn on the cob and salad with vegetables from the farmer's market.

Have a great day everyone :)

auntiemern
July 21st, 2016, 02:49 PM
So sorry you have to go through this Barb. Some people are just not fit to live among civilized people. Like Jean said, I doubt you will get anything out of them...but they should at least do jail time for the amount of damage they did. Hope your insurance covers the cost of the repairs.

JCY
July 21st, 2016, 04:14 PM
It's after lunch already. I wanted to get outside & do some weeding before it got too hot. I worked in a circle bed around one of the trees. The grass had grown in among the plants so badly that I ended up digging everything out! Hadn't planned on that, but I saw no other way to do it right. I have all the perennials in pans with water to keep them moist until I can replant. Three hrs. of hard labor was all I could do today. I need to make a run to the store to get some garden soil & soil additives before replanting. That will have to wait for another day. By the time I quit working at 11:30 it already was 100 deg.! I don't feel like going out in the heat to shop. Yest. our high was 104! It sure seems like it's been an especially hot summer.

This afternoon I hope to get the baby quilt sandwiched & basted. I got everything ready yest. Threads are clipped, starched & pressed. Batting is cut to size. I use the Hobbs 80/20 which is 90" wide. My LA quilter sells me 1/2 roll when she orders. It lasts me quite a while.

Oh Barb, what a mess at the apt. I can hardly believe the awful things people do to other people's property. There is absolutely no excuse for that except pure meanness & evil. How disheartening for you. I hope you get satisfactory resolution through the courts & your ins. co.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Wendy - Have a wonderful vacation & safe travels! I know you've been counting the days.

MayinJerset
July 21st, 2016, 04:17 PM
Good Afternoon, I was busy this morning and this afternoon with doctor appointment and then food shopping. Expecting DGD Christine, her DH and their 5 month old baby James to visit us tomorrow and picked up stuff for our lunch, etc. Haven't seen DGD since last July so there's much to catch up with. Going to get some one on one time with James who is our 5th great grandson.

MayinJerset
July 21st, 2016, 06:47 PM
Got called away before I told Barb I was so sorry to hear about the extent of the damages made by that tenant - such a sick person.
Can the damages be considered a criminal act? Won't make what she's done any less devastating but it might keep her from doing it to some other landlord.

Cheryl Phillips
July 21st, 2016, 06:51 PM
we had the same thing in Iowa can't believe we have people parents like that scum! enjoy quilting!