PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Suzyque's Nephew

janluna
December 10th, 2011, 02:28 AM
SuzyQue's nephew has brain cancer. He has gone through treatment and the cancer is back. He has been married to Suzy's niece for three years and has a baby named Brea. His name is Josh Slusser. I think I got his last name right. Suzy?
We have so many who need prayer on this site. So many who are suffering from horrible disease. Make a list, put it in your Bible and then You won't forget. I know our days are busy but we need to remember there are those who need some interventional prayer. Suzy, I'll be praying for Josh tonight and as long as he needs them. Hugs, Jan L.

HandsOffItsMine
December 10th, 2011, 02:55 AM
Suzy, so sorry to hear that Josh's cancer has returned. Will pray that it goes back into remission! Prayers also extented to her niece and baby Brea, may the family be strong together during this difficult time.

Love, Ruby

phoots
December 10th, 2011, 03:26 AM
I've said a prayer for everyone needing prayers on this site! God bless you all!
Pam

janluna
December 10th, 2011, 03:52 AM
And I have said a prayer for you, Pam. You are suffering too. God has a plan for you my dear girl. He will lead you to it. While you are on the couch you could be finishing a binding on a quilt. My friend Brenda (just before she passed from Cancer) told all of us. Be creative. Make something everyday. Create it! If you knit, knit. If you cook, make a wonderful creation for dinner, if you quilt, make a quilt. It doesn't have to be big or cost a lot. Just create something everyday. And she is right. You can too. It will make you feel better about you. Love you Pam, Hugs, Jan L.

KiltedQuilter
December 10th, 2011, 06:31 AM
I'm taking a moment for Josh.
x

Monique
December 10th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Breaks my heart to hear this, Jan. Suzi, praying for you all.

Shirley
December 10th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Prayers for Josh!! We can't have too many prayers.

Nena
December 10th, 2011, 10:20 AM
I will pray for Josh and his loved ones.

MRoy
December 10th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Praying for Josh and his family!

SummerK
December 10th, 2011, 10:48 AM
We're praying too. *hugs*

Bubby
December 10th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Josh has been added to my prayer list, as well as the family. My brother-in-law, Jack Oaker, also has brain cancer. Nothing more can be done for him...he's 53 years old. Please add him to your prayer list also. Hugs, Barb

Sandy Navas
December 10th, 2011, 11:52 AM
I've added Josh and Jack to my prayer list. May they find a cure, quickly!

SuzyQue
December 10th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Thank you Jan for posting about Josh on here. Yes, you got the name right. He is so young, only 36. Josh was diagnosed with a Glioblastoma last Oct (2010). He has had surgery, chemo, tons of MRI's and Cat scans, and is on a treatment plan at Duke. He just found out the tumor is back. They have been given a horrible prognosis, so this comes as no surprise.....but still a heart break for everyone. Sheri, his wife, struggles with her faith. God is good. Miracles happen. This is so sad, watching them struggle. Thank you, everyone for your prayers. This family is hurting.

Loonwatcher
December 10th, 2011, 01:39 PM
I'm praying for Josh and family too.

BellasQuilts
December 10th, 2011, 02:48 PM
saying prayers for Josh and Jake!

quilter.martha
December 10th, 2011, 06:38 PM
I'm so sorry Suzy. The family is in my prayers.

CrazyMtnLady
December 10th, 2011, 08:02 PM
My prayers are with you Suzy for your nephew and for your family.

janluna
December 10th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Saying prayers for Josh and Jack. And prayer for both their families. {rayers for Sandy's Donna too. Hugs, Jan L.

quiltingtrish
December 10th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Prayers coming for Josh and Jack. Also for anyone else on this forum that needs prayers. My list is long, but I know God hears us.

Hugs,

Lola2Ace
December 11th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Josh and Jack are in my prayers. A lady I know keeps a prayer bear in her drawer at work (we work in a cancer care area) and writes names on it, I am going to do the same, Josh and Jack will be added immediately.

sewmuchjan
December 11th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Sending prayers to all of you for healing and strength in this trying time and praying for a miracle.

God Bless you all
Love and Hugs Jan G (((((((HUGS))))))))

RFREE
December 11th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Prayers to you and your family.I too am praying for a miracle.God bless you and your family in this hard time.

meemeecyn
December 11th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Josh and Suzyque....many prayers for you and your family.

SuzyQue
December 14th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Thank you everyone for all your prayers! A quick update......Josh's tumor after surgery was the size of a pea and it has now grown to the size of a black olive. Not huge......but it is growing and they are still scared. The doctors will be changing some drugs around and giving him two IV chemo drugs now, in place of oral chemo meds. There will be serious side effects possible, but their only thoughts are to get rid of that cancer. They will not be returning to Duke till mid-January, for his next MRI. Hopefully, they can find some peace and happiness and hope in this Christmas season......to be geared up for the next battle! Thank you, again, so much for your prayers! Please God, renew their strength and grow their faith! Blessings to everyone that cares so deeply! Thanks!