PDA

View Full Version : @Sewbee... ragdoll cats

WendyI
July 20th, 2016, 12:44 PM
Hi Sewbee...

I have two ragdoll cats...what would you like to know about them?

Aussiejan
July 20th, 2016, 09:51 PM
Lucky you! Just love ragdolls! Sadly my beloved ragdoll girl Miss Alison Angela Molly Nettle-Pascoe is no longer with us. Missy was such a special girl. How did she get such a moniker? Alison (after my best friend) Angela (after the lady who sadly ran over our Lexie and tried her best to save her - taking her to the Vet) and Molly (the first name I thought of but decided not "posh" enough). Full profile of your babies and photos please and any cat tales you care to share. Just love fur babies! The current head of our household is Miss Annabelle - a stray kitten that wandered in Apl 25, 6 years ago. When it came time for Miss Annabelle to be desexed I went to the Vet to ask about the cost. They asked if I was sure she was a girl so I went home and checked. Oh my! -under all that long, fluffy grey and white fur I discovered Miss Annabelle was growing bits! Too pretty to be a boy! Cheaper to desex!
Miss Annabelle seeks out cuddles and is a talker. Cheers Jan

Hulamoon
July 20th, 2016, 10:27 PM
Lucky you! Just love ragdolls! Sadly my beloved ragdoll girl Miss Alison Angela Molly Nettle-Pascoe is no longer with us. Missy was such a special girl. How did she get such a moniker? Alison (after my best friend) Angela (after the lady who sadly ran over our Lexie and tried her best to save her - taking her to the Vet) and Molly (the first name I thought of but decided not "posh" enough). Full profile of your babies and photos please and any cat tales you care to share. Just love fur babies! The current head of our household is Miss Annabelle - a stray kitten that wandered in Apl 25, 6 years ago. When it came time for Miss Annabelle to be desexed I went to the Vet to ask about the cost. They asked if I was sure she was a girl so I went home and checked. Oh my! -under all that long, fluffy grey and white fur I discovered Miss Annabelle was growing bits! Too pretty to be a boy! Cheaper to desex!

Miss Annabelle seeks out cuddles and is a talker. Cheers Jan

Okay that was too funny. I never heard of desexing. I spay and neuter what ever pet I get. So much safer for them.

As a side story we had a tortoise named Ralph and found out he was a she and named her Ralphetta. :)

SewnByBee
July 20th, 2016, 11:05 PM
I may be intrested in a kitty for companionship as I face the the days ahead.....my Doxin is 16
and not wanting to be tied down since becomming a grandma, I appreciate the independence of kitty cats. I do hope to find a loving gentle fur friend to keep me company. Like the Ragdoll or the Munchkin, so I'm looking ahead for contacts to begin this journey.
Thanks Wendy for the outreach....
Here's a couple of Curtis that caught my eye.....
Can you tell me where I can find one too ?

WendyI
July 21st, 2016, 12:31 PM
These are older pics when they were still quite young. The first two are of Snick...you can see how his colour changed and now he is very much darker. Smudge is the third pic and she was about 9 months to a year old in that pic. The last pic is smudge when she was a baby before I got her.

133372133373133374 133375

The next pics are of Snick that are much more recent and you can see how dark his colouring has gotten as he gets older. He's also starting to get a tiny bit of grey on the one side of his muzzle (not sure if the pics show this or not). He is much more willing to have his pic taken than Mini is which is why I have more of him! lol There is one that's not great but shows the colour of his eyes. I have one of him outside in my garden at home that really shows it but I don't have a copy at work. If I can find it I will add it later.

amartin24
July 21st, 2016, 02:45 PM
Wendy, we had two himalayan cats that look just like the ragdolls. Do you know what the difference is? They are all gorgeous.

WendyI
July 21st, 2016, 02:53 PM
Himalayans have different fur and their faces are a wee bit different being a bit flatter with squished noses but Ragdolls are the product of crossing Himalayans with other breeds such as persians, birmans, and burmese. This is what gives them their lovely soft fur and colouring. They were first bred in the 1960's and I believe it took a while before they were a recognized breed.

A lot of breeders will still use Himy's in their breed lines to get the colouration that they want but that's not a true ragdoll.

SewnByBee
July 21st, 2016, 09:59 PM
WehdyI , they are Beautiful, Look at those eyes, I just love these Kitty's.

Thank you for all the info, you are so knowledgeable and I grately appreciate you, sharing all of this with us.

I have some thinking to do.......oh my .....this is dangerous...... Be -for- warmed......lol.

Hmmmmmm.

bubba
July 21st, 2016, 10:16 PM
I don't do cats, but earlier today I saw fabric that had grumpy cat on it. I nearly ordered it, but didn't.

Hulamoon
July 21st, 2016, 10:24 PM
I had a half Himalayan half Siamese. Best cat ever. She lived for 18 years. Your cats are beautiful Wendy.