PDA

View Full Version : Emily Update!!!!!!!!!!!! Again?

janluna
December 10th, 2011, 01:01 AM
Early this morning, Emily started to bleed. First her lip,(no injuries) And then a really bad nose bleed. Joe and Heather managed to get it under control. About 8A.M. she went for her blood draw. Meanwhile back at the ranch, Sara woke up screaming that her ear hurt. Heather went with Emily, Joey got Laura off to school and took Sarah to the Doctors. Joe was 40 miles away with Sarah, Heather called and said We are going to Strong! Emily needs an emergency blood transfusion! Heather asked Joe to be back by 4P.M. for Laura to get off the bus. OK! Within 5 minutes his phone rang again. Heather said "fly to home, Laura fell over a rail and landed on her face. The school nurse thinks she has a broken nose." Joe flew home and went to the school and took Laura to the hospital. The doc said," She has to go immediately to an E.N.T. Dr. We've called ahead, they are expecting you" Joe, still towing Sarah by the hand, (Thank goodness he was able to get her medicine on board) took Laura to the ENT. Laura's ENT was thrilled! He said "This is so rare, I've only seen one other case", He proceeded to bring in every other doc in to see Laura. (I think he said it was a spectal Hematoma type thing). Now she has swollen so far up they couldn't tell if her nose was broken too. Joe took the girls home and put them to bed, Laura with an ice pack, Sarah with a heating pad on low on her ear. Mind you, Joe had just gotten home from work at 6:45 A.M. After a really bad night. One fatal car crash, and two fires where they rescued 5 people from a burning house, and from the other fire, he had to help carry over 20 dogs, and 15 cats that had died in a hoarders house. The owner came home and started to try and save food cans, bottles, her spices.... They called mental health. Anyway he hasn't had any sleep yet. It is now 4:30 and no word from Heather and Emily. He called, went right to voice mail. Now he's starting to worry. Finally, at 5:30 Heather called to say, they were just now unhooking Em from her transfusion and they would be home by 7.
Joey reminded Heather that he had to play Santa to all the ambulance corp kids and he would take the girls with him. Heather said "I'm exhausted." Joe said "Me too". Emily said "Yay! I get to watch Daddy be Santa!" She now has so much energy she didn't know what to do.
Joe went to play Santa, Emily and Heather met them there. Emily is bouncing off the walls now that she has blood!
I have to tell you though, this is so Emily: On the way out the door to go to the hospital in Rochester, Em grabbed her violin. Heather said honey why are you taking that? Em said "Practice". Heather just put her in the car and drove. They get to Strong, and the nurse says "as soon as we get a room, we will call for you." Em said, "We'll be in the pediatric ward." Then she played her violin for all the kids for 45 minutes before they called her. Heather said, " they were coming from everywhere, Patients, docs, nurses, aides, until they were 3 deep!" Then from 10:15 until 5:30 Emily was given blood, then platelets, packed red cells, and meds.
It took that long for the blood transfusion, that's how much she needed. The fact that she played for the kids first is amazing to me. She was tired, sick, running out of blood, and she still thought to play for the kids that were sick too. That's my Em.
And that's a day in the life of my son and his wife, and children. They came home a little while ago, and went to bed. Thank goodness Joe didn't have to go to work tonight. I know they are mine but I have to say...What an amazing family! God bless them and please make everyone well! Hugs, Jan

quiltingtrish
December 10th, 2011, 01:08 AM
What a day for them and you all - waiting in the wings to hear the next part of the story. I'm glad they got all 3 kids taken care of, but my goodness!!! I have prayers coming for the parents along with the kids.

Emily sure sounds like an angel - playing for the kids and thinking about them over herself. You have some miracles there, Jan.
Big Hugs Hon,

SuzyQue
December 10th, 2011, 01:29 AM
All I can say it WOW!

janluna
December 10th, 2011, 01:31 AM
Hi Trish, She is something isn't she? And yes, miracle is a good word. Here she is, sick, exhausted, and scared to have bled for "no reason"(except she had almost no platelets which can cause people to bleed out) and she was thinking about the kids who are sick. She is an amazing kid. Laura spent the day saying "I wonder if Emily is ok?" Sarah, was hoping Em would come home healed. Neither kid worried about themselves, just their sister. The whole family is a miracle! Joe and I just shake our heads and say wow! Hugs, Jan L.

stitching woman
December 10th, 2011, 01:49 AM
Wow! What a day I hope all of the girls are taken care of and hopefully all will get some rest tonight. Prayers for you and the family and Em sounds like an angel to me. Hugs to all

HandsOffItsMine
December 10th, 2011, 01:49 AM
Dearest Jan,

It's been a rough day here too, yet I read about our little Emily and she is so incredibly strong and selfless. Those girls are just too much! Wow and the parents are amazing as well. You and Joe have raised a great son!

I've sent off a card to the girls the other day, I think they will like it. :)

Now I need to get a tissue as I was reading the update to Don, he sends his love to you guys as well.

Prayers and hugs from us!

phoots
December 10th, 2011, 03:33 AM
I said a prayer for Emily. I'll also include the rest of the family! They're all troopers! Emily is an inspiration!
Pam

KiltedQuilter
December 10th, 2011, 06:35 AM
An AMAZING family indeed! Shows great strength of character, you are SO right to be proud of them all Jan. Em is a wee star!
x

rebeccas-sewing
December 10th, 2011, 07:05 AM
I'm exhausted just reading about these experiences. Can't imagine actually going through all this hardship. I certainly hope things will calm down so they can all have a break and enjoy some down-time over the holidays.

RFREE
December 10th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Oh my goodness! What a day what a day! God bless each and everyone of them.

Loonwatcher
December 10th, 2011, 09:01 AM
What a heart rending story. The whole family sound like angels; Em especially. Sending my prayers for the whole family.

quilter.martha
December 10th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Don't know why everything tends to happen at once. Your family is amazing--I'd love to meet them! Prayers continue for Emily, and now I'll add healing prayers for the other two girls as well. Hang in there Jan!

ginampls
December 10th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Holy Moly what a day!!!! love you more.

Monique
December 10th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Jan, wow! What your family goes through. Brought tears to my eyes. What an amazing little girl that Emily. She truly is a special angel sent from heaven. Prayers all around.

Shirley
December 10th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Jan, prayers and warm thoughts to you and your family.

Beakkmom
December 10th, 2011, 10:10 AM
What an amazing family you have, I continue to pray for Emily ~ God's blessings to each of you.

Lin

Nena
December 10th, 2011, 10:26 AM
I can only say--OH MY GOSH, I will think back on this posting when I am having a bad day. I will say a prayer for everyone here.

MRoy
December 10th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Bless their hearts and yours too! Jan, you have an amazing family...the kind that makes miracles happen. Praying for everyone to feel better and get some rest over the weekend.

Bubby
December 10th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Your family is incredible....especially little Em! I'm praying for the whole family......Hugs, Barb

Sandy Navas
December 10th, 2011, 11:46 AM
I'll be thinking of this whenever I feel the need to sneak in a nap during the day. Some people necessarily just run on hidden energy! Amazing how we can find strength when those we love need us so much. Uplifting special prayers - as I do daily - for your wonderful little family. God works in mysterious ways!

janluna
December 10th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Yes He does Sandy. Thank you for your kind words and your prayers for this family. I'm praying for all of you too. And for, Donna, Jack, and Josh. Hugs, Jan L.

sewmuchjan
December 11th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Dearest Jan, Even though I have been MIA I am still praying for you and yours and all. I do it while I am sewing on a quilt or cleaning or what ever it is I am thinking and praying for your sweet little Em and you and the whole family and all my friends here. Hope you all are resting and healing well. God has blessed that angel Em and your whole family. They say; "when the going gets tough the tough get going", and my goodness that is very true for your family!!!

God Bless and Keep you all wrapped in His Arms.
Love and Hugs Jan G ((((((HUGS)))))))