PDA

View Full Version : Sunny Sunday

MayinJerset
July 17th, 2016, 08:58 AM
Hope you're planning a great day or just one poking around the house, just enjoy the summer while you can. Couldn't fall asleep last night so I could just lay around all morning but the humidity is low this morning so it's making me feel ambitious but I'll see what develops.

DS#1 will be over around 5 so I need to figure out how to stretch the pork chops I have for the 3 of us - make a Big Salad may be the solution. I've been stocking up the many locally grown fresh veggies so I have plenty to throw in the salad.

What are you up to today?

Monique
July 17th, 2016, 09:23 AM
It is a beautiful blue sunny sky this morning. I sold tickets at the Jamboree yesterday afternoon and then I attended a birthday dinner for my brother in the evening. Had a great day.

Today may be cutting grass and laundry day unless a better offer comes along. LOL!!

Have a great day everyone.

Bubby
July 17th, 2016, 09:35 AM
Hi....Been up for a few hours. Jeff and I have been out in the yard doing a few things. It's going to be super hot and humid today. The cool of the morning is the best time and a breeze sure would be nice.

I'm not sure how this day will unfold. For now just taking it easy.

Wishing you all a blessed day.

Patsquilting
July 17th, 2016, 10:53 AM
Good Morning - it is a beautiful morning. Low temps, but high humidity, which will go down as the temps increase. Had over 3 couples last night - 2 couples I had never met, but all 4 of us are from the same state, moved to Tennessee for retirement. What is really weird - these 2 couples are from the same town we moved from. Our town was small (2300 people) and never met each other. I knew the mother of one of them - It was fun to watch everyone interact - finding out all the similarities we all had. I am exhausted after all the prep work for the BBQ - but OH, SO WORTH IT.

Here's to a great day for all.

cv quilter
July 17th, 2016, 10:56 AM
Good morning. It's a beautiful morning here in AZ. Sunny but a few clouds forming. Maybe a promise of some monsoon rain! C'mon rain. A slight breeze. 2 granddaughters sleeping on the blow up bed on L.R. floor. Going to take the three grandkids to Williams today and maybe let them do the Zip Line. Have to start thinking about packing for our Branson MO trip. Leaving on the 23rd and now we have decided to take our new 5th wheel so have to think about packing it up. Won't take possession of until Wednesday so REALLY have to plan well! Not much sewing going to be done until we return home on Aug 3. I am going to miss my sewing room :( Hope you all have a beautiful Sunday.

KarenC
July 17th, 2016, 11:55 AM
Good morning, afternoon, day to all. I woke up this morning to no electricity. Went off some time during the night. So, quickly dressed and went to church. It's cool there and maybe when I get back it will be on. Looking at another hot day today, so did the grocery store on the way home from church. Power is back on, so handling laundry and cleaning now, so I can sew this afternoon. I get so anxious when a quilt is nearing completion.

URIBARRI-MAYOR
July 17th, 2016, 01:04 PM
Hello everybody in the forum, some days I do not write but my summer is still very busy ago, so today is a very hot day and the beaches are full of people from all the surrounding village I have stayed at home enjoy the tranquility and fresh. Yesterday we celebrated a very old party and a lot of tradition in fishing village like mine, the patron saint of seamen is July 16 in my country so we carry the Virgen del Carmen, who so call him a boat to the sea, and there sang and threw flowers in memory of our ancestors and dead sailors at sea, after the port will dance a dance called AURRESKU and is in honor of the Virgin, but also they dance in formal events. Well I hope everyone is enjoying this summer day and everyone to be happy. I show them a picture of my party and I send smiles, prayers for those who need and many greetings133115133116133117133118133119133120

MayinJerset
July 17th, 2016, 02:07 PM
Thank You for sharing your celebration and blessings of the boats and seamen.

Monique
July 17th, 2016, 03:26 PM
A better offer never came along. Three hours of cutting grass, now nap time.

kimsophia
July 17th, 2016, 06:10 PM
My sleep schedule swung around to night time hours so I was able to get to church this morning. In the church bulletin they are asking for toy donations for the church "busy bags" for toddlers to amuse themselves with during the service, so I worked on getting my Amish dog and her miniature doggie toddler-proof. I sewed tight all the ribbons and added eyes and a mouth to the doll which makes her no long Amish, I guess! :) I also started my Halloween sampler. Right away I had to tear out some misplaced cross stitching so I took a break from that.

We keep getting rain here. My succulents seem to be surviving it, though. It is supposed to be stinking hot here for the next week. Guess I'll be inside, sewing!

JCY
July 17th, 2016, 10:03 PM
It's already evening. I went to church this a.m. Stopped by Vitamin Cottage, the natural grocers, on the way home to resupply my Kombucha -- (Synergy's "Passionberry Bliss" is my favorite flavor) -- & get a few things. This afternoon I cut fabric for the latest "Little Ark" baby quilt; I think this will be #6 from those fabrics. It's for my gr. dau. Her baby boy is due in Oct. The blocks are laid out on the floor ready to start sewing together into 4-patches. The squares are 5.5". It will be 7 across & 9 down.

Very hot here today. Our high was 96; it still was 94 deg. the last time I checked the thermometer. It didn't cool off all that much last night (66 deg.), so it heated up more quickly today. Thank goodness for the swamp cooler. It keeps the house comfortable.

I hope everyone has a good start to their new week tomorrow.