PDA

View Full Version : They're Jealous!

easyquilts
July 15th, 2016, 11:23 PM
Yes... My two little dogs are jealous of my sewing time! Nearly every time I get settled in my seeing room....just humming along....the two if them turn up at my door...barking... Sometimes they want out, sometimes they want fed, and sometimes they just want me to join them in the LR... But, they always want my attention...

Do you think they might be spoiled...or pampered?

Kgrammiecaz
July 15th, 2016, 11:36 PM
LOL. I would say spoiled and pampered. How adorable.

easyquilts
July 16th, 2016, 12:04 AM
LOL. I would say spoiled and pampered. How adorable.

Maybe a little..... They are both Chihuahuas.... Very loving... The black one is Soencer, and he belonged to my husband... Finn is mine... They mean the world to me....

cv quilter
July 16th, 2016, 12:50 AM
Sandy, I love your post and the pic of your two little furbabies! We have a King Charles Cavalier, Snickers, and she sometimes does the same thing. Will come into my sewing room, go on her "bed" in there, then come back in the house, then come to the door and whine or bark for my attention. Guess who wins??!!

stationarymom
July 16th, 2016, 01:54 AM
Sounds like they love you.

sidesaddles
July 16th, 2016, 01:57 AM
Finn looks just like my husband's little Chihuahua. He follows him around and pouts if left behind. He will literally turns his back and not look at my husband for an hour when he comes back home. I have a Maltese puppy that will come in my sewing room and lay across my pedal so I can't sew. Gotta love'em. lol I wouldn't trade even for more material.

easyquilts
July 16th, 2016, 08:29 AM
Honestly.... Our fur babies just don't want to be left out, do they? Yesterday Finny and Spencer carried on until I stopped sewing, and went to see what they needed.... They promptly settled on the couch and my chair.... They had simply wanted me to join them...

I love hearing everyone's stories about their own furbabies...

jjkaiser
July 16th, 2016, 10:52 AM
My dog follows me all over. He is a German Shep Golden mix. He has a preferred sleeping spot in every room. The funniest thing was when I got my new Oliso iron about a year ago. If you have one you know, it makes this little buzzing noise when you set it down and is moving from the down to the up position. It took about 2-3 days for Mooch to get used to the noise, until then every time it made noise he would get up and look all around the room and you could see his brain thinking what IS that noise??! Now he pays no attention.

Claire Hallman
July 16th, 2016, 11:35 AM
Your dogs are cute and I love the quilt you are working on.

Dogs are so great but I sure wish they could talk or at least understand what we are saying.
Our little chow hound, a 2 yo pug, was so excited when I fed her on Thursday she knocked her bowl out of my hand and it broke right where she usually eats. I got a new stainless steel bowl but she won't eat from it in the regular place or anywhere else. I tried to feed her in a ceramic bowl in the regular place but she wouldn't eat there either. I am sure she will figure it out when she gets hungry enough. ;)

alliek
July 16th, 2016, 12:18 PM
YES, I do think they are a little pampered. But that is OK! They are so cute, how could you not spoil them? You just have to explain that your sewing time, is YOUR sewing time. LOL. I'm sure that will work.:icon_rofl:

jjkaiser
July 16th, 2016, 04:22 PM
Claire I have heard that some dogs don't like eating out of stainless steel bowls because their tags click against the bowl when they are eating and the noise scares them! My dog has always eaten out of ss so that is not a problem for me. I think it would be a pain to remove the collar every time she eats. Hope you figure this out!

Cokie
July 16th, 2016, 04:28 PM
That's a great photo! Maybe they want you to make them a quilt...or teach them to sew! LOL

We had a little cat that was always small. She was adorable and sweet, but didn't really like to be held or picked up. But whenever I would go into my craft room, she would come in and pester me until I picked her up. Then she'd climb up on my shoulder and cuddle there while I worked. Or, she's get on the desk and lay down and look up at me with that sweet little face. She claimed an embroidered pillow in that room, and that was where she napped.

Claire Hallman
July 16th, 2016, 11:10 PM
We felt so sorry for her that we fed her on a regular saucer, she ate with gusto. When I bathed her yesterday I took off her collar so that was not the problem.:( She is just a scaredy cat about some things, loud noises particularly
. Guess I will be getting her a new ceramic bowl just for her.

easyquilts
July 17th, 2016, 08:14 AM
Sandy, I love your post and the pic of your two little furbabies! We have a King Charles Cavalier, Snickers, and she sometimes does the same thing. Will come into my sewing room, go on her "bed" in there, then come back in the house, then come to the door and whine or bark for my attention. Guess who wins??!!

Don't they always?

RFREE
July 17th, 2016, 04:06 PM
This is hilarious Sandy. My 2 little dogs do me the very same way. I ended up putting a dog bed beside my machine and that helped alot.

songbird857
July 18th, 2016, 08:29 AM
Awww.. they're so cute, Sandy!! (I love the quilt happening on your design wall ;))
My furbaby will grab my pant leg if I'm neglecting her ;)

peepers613
July 18th, 2016, 09:40 AM
Yep, mine too! Not as bad as cats though. My cats had no shame. They'd plop down on WHATEVER project I was working on or play with the thread on the machine or swat at the needle as it went up and down.