PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday, it's going to be a hot one!!

Monique
July 12th, 2016, 07:09 AM
Yes another hot and muggy day, although it is cool this morning.

I AM HOME!!!!! And glad to be home. I had a wonderful trip, saw many new stores I would not have otherwise seen, saw countryside I would not have normally seen either. I met the most wonderful people at each place we stopped at. It was a good trip. I was very good, I only bought three kits, a little fabric and 11 license plates. Not bad. Bonnie of course spent more than I did.

Today I will try and organize what I bought. I work Friday and then all next week.

Have a great day everyone. There are lots of birthdays today, so happy birthday to you all.

Blondie
July 12th, 2016, 07:33 AM
Good Morning! So glad that you got home safe, sound and had such a wonderful time. Now to really relax and chill out!

We had some more heavy thunderstorms again last night. In recent years our rain in the summer has been pathetic for our gardens. This year, I believe the pattern has come around to summer rain in the afternoon and evenings again. Our little chi chi Gracie has never minded storms too awfully much until she got a bit older. Then once we acquired Max from Sarah and Steve, our thunderstorms have led to a whole new adventure time. I even purchased a thundershirt that apparently was a big waste of precious money. I have found that if I get down on the floor and keep stroking him and speaking to him, he is not nearly as bad. Last night the big old doofus tried to climb in my lap, shaking and quivering. Poor Baby.

Yesterday Elijah turned 2 months old. His mommy and I decided to take some pics to show him off.

132965 132966
We think he is the cutest happiest baby in the whole wide world of the US of A.

Happy Tuesday Folksies! It's gonna be a scorcher!!! Blessings to all and as always, a smile too.

Ginny B
July 12th, 2016, 08:15 AM
Good morning and Happy Tuesday. Monique, glad you had a safe trip home. Have fun looking at and organizing your new acquisitions. Blondie, that is one happy, handsome young man you've got there. There is nothing like baby pictures to bring a smile to your day.

Got through yesterday at work. What a day it was. Should be a bit easier today.

It's a beautiful morning out there and I think I'll go take a bit of a walk in my garden and see how things are doing. I love the peacefulness of the gardens in the morning hours. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Bubby
July 12th, 2016, 08:41 AM
Good Morning. We are bracing for another big storm this morning....just what we need.

Blondie, Eli is incredibly beautiful and happy looking. He's really growing!!

I may get to sew a little today if the storm passes through. I put the inner border on my little quilt yesterday and I need to cut the outer border once I decide what I'm doing.

Wishing everyone a great Tuesday.

Grandma Nan
July 12th, 2016, 09:00 AM
Good morning to all

Glad you made it home safely Monique. I bet you and Bonnie had a great trip. I've never been up to Manitoulin Island but I am sure it is beautiful countryside. You really practised restraint, not sure I would be so good on that trip. Blondie, that grandson of yours is a real doll. He just looks so snuggly and happy. Ginny I hope your garden is getting lots of water (rain). Around here everything is drying up and it is really hard on the gardens.

I'm going on a mini road trip today by myself. Just 50 miles away- I'm taking my little sewing machine in for a tune up and trying a different repair man (at a LQS) because he does it and gives it back to you the same day as long as it doesn't need parts or major fixing. Its my machine I use for classes or travelling and the tension is off and not responding to any of the tricks I know to fix tension. So I will do a little fabric shopping and poke around the mall while they look at my machine. Its gonna be a hot hot day so maybe look for a sun dress- I've lost weight so don't have any that fit anymore- I've given away all my last years ones.

Tomorrow I am meeting up with some friends and we are going to the USA for a little day trip of shopping and lunch. Looking forward to that but tomorrow is also supposed to be even hotter than today- we have a heat warning out for tomorrow as the temp will be 40 degrees Celcius (not sure anymore what that is in Fahrenheit but just know its HOT).

Haven't heard anything back from the showing yesterday other than that the people were looking at 5 different houses yesterday so there is still hope. Our agent said he would call today to see what they are thinking about.

Well I'd better get going and finish my coffee and hit the road before it gets too hot. Have a great one and keep smiling.

Cathy F
July 12th, 2016, 09:02 AM
Morning all,
Monique sounds like you had a great trip! Have fun playing with your new fabrics.
Blondie, what a beautiful baby, wow 2 months already!

Well we arrived home from our long weekend upstate yesterday afternoon. Had a good visit and got to see out of state relatives who were visiting my sister too. Dropped a quilt off to be quilted while I was up there. Should be ready in four weeks so I have a good excuse to go back to my sister's when it's ready.
Will ha e to get out in the garden today and water and get a bit of laundry done from our trip then hopefully I can spend some time in the sewing room.
Well off to get the Keurig fired up, and get a cup or two. Wishing all a good day and our birthday gals a very Happy Birthday!

MayinJerset
July 12th, 2016, 10:02 AM
Bet there has been lots of hugs and kisses for little Eli celebrating his 2 month mark - he's so cute how can you not shower him with love.

We'll get a chance to do that to 5 month old DGGS #5 James when he and family from New Orleans are visiting next week.

Another DGD just returned from visiting her sister and family in CA - told her to share all the news about the new baby (DGGS #6) and the new house. This little guy is just about 1 month old but as far as we know still nameless.

WendyI
July 12th, 2016, 10:07 AM
Morning all. Blondie your wee man is adorable. My Liam used to have a pair of shorts exactly like the ones Eli is wearing! So cute!

I'm supposed to be going on vacation in 10 days but may have to scrap the entire trip. My cat has issues with crystals and she has been peeing outside the litter box which means a trip to the vet which will likely be expensive. I've been working a part time job to earn extra funds for our trip so might be okay but will have to see what happens. sigh. Very frustrating. Especially since this was the cat my ex was supposed to take and never did.

Other than that, working and trying to get my house in order before we do leave assuming we still can.

Sending love and hugs to all who need them! xox

peggiep
July 12th, 2016, 10:24 AM
Good morning and happy birthday to all those celebrating today! Blondie your little Eii is absolutely adorable. Monique, your willpower is amazingly strong. I don't think I would have resisted the temptation. Ginny, I am glad that you managed to get through the day yesterday. Coming back from vacation is always tough to catch up. Cathy happy you enjoyed your weekend visiting family..now enjoy your coffee. Nan, have fun on your road trip tomorrow...and my fingers are crossed for your showing yesterday.

Its only two days until we leave for our Ireland/Scotland trip and I am getting excited. Yesterday I put all the documentation together making sure we had all the confirmation numbers, e-tickets, booking references all in one place and then scanned them all to put on my phone in case the paper got lost. I love to travel but am always concerned about losing important stuff so I have become overly cautious! Got all the laundry done yesterday and it is all ready to put in the suitcase. Gave all the instructions to our friend who is looking after Kona (the dog) and Chessie, Tiggr and Tut (the cats). I think I am ready!
Have a wonderful day, prayers an hugs to those in need!

JCY
July 12th, 2016, 10:52 AM
More house cleaning for me today. I'm on the count down to Fri. & the visit from my GD. I'm making progress. It's all stuff that needed doing anyway, but I've been procrastinating. I'd rather be sewing! I feel good about the weeding I got done yest., but I sure have sore muscles today!

Our weather remains hot. It's supposed to be in the 90's for the extended forecast. At least it cools off to 60-65 at night for better sleeping.

I'm looking forward to seeing DGGS on Fri. I haven't seen him since early Dec. He's 2 y.o. & will be getting a baby bro. in Oct.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 12th, 2016, 11:18 AM
Good morning, everyone! House cleaning on my agenda today for the full family visit over the next few days. Somebody other than me will be inhabiting my bedroom/ bathroom suite! Believe me, it was unfit for guest inhabitants. It's better now, laundry baskets gone, clothes put away dust banished. It will pass for my non-OCD daughter to live in for a few days! The OCD daughter, well that's another story, she gets the fabric stash room, and will just have to deal with it!

Blondie, little Eli is just so precious! Love his cute baby smile! I love that age! They are still newborns, but sort of got life in this world figured out, and definitely have their cute moments!

I'm on a roll with lone star blocks. Karen showed me a Pintrest of a spiral lone star about 8:30 the other night. I couldn't go to sleep until I played around with it. It is just points now, I'll share the picture of it after I put it all together. Sure is fun to do!

Have a great day!

SewnByBee
July 12th, 2016, 12:24 PM
Morning friend's,
It's a rough one guy's, my little doxin, Scooter, is not feeling good, at all. Hes diabetic, and want eat. He is sixteen, and had a bad day yesterday. This is hard.....my son is heartbroken, and I'm doing everything, I can think of.....sad face.
Please say prayers for my family..... We have loved this little guy so much....for so long....It's rough.

Thanks in advance, you all know how special our fur babies are to us....
I'll be in touch, later on.

Snip Snip
July 12th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Watching a loved one fade away is so difficult, whether they are human or other. Hoping you and your family find peace.

rebeccas-sewing
July 12th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Happy Birthday to all those celebrating today. Blondie, what a cute baby! I know you're havin' fun with him. Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well. So glad, Monique, that you had fun on your journey. I hope this won't set you back too much with the cat bill, Wendy.

Nothing much new going on here. I'm still harvesting tons of cherry tomatoes off the two plants I put in the ground back in March. I'm doing a couple of altering jobs for customers. I'm really not in the business anymore, but it's hard to turn down folks when they come to me for help. I charge so little for my services. Maybe I should double my prices and they'll stop coming. hahaha

I'm beginning a refinishing job on a hutch we brought back from the Netherlands. It's a big job but I'm just doing a little bit of sanding every day rather than trying to kill myself spending hours working on it. Those days are past. My stamina isn't what it used to be and I get bored quickly when it comes to tedious work. It'll be worth it in the end when it's looking great and sitting nicely in my livingroom. My mother-in-law gave us Joe's Grandmas beautiful china. I plan to store it in that hutch.

WendyI
July 12th, 2016, 01:25 PM
Morning friend's,
It's a rough one guy's, my little doxin, Scooter, is not feeling good, at all. Hes diabetic, and want eat. He is sixteen, and had a bad day yesterday. This is hard.....my son is heartbroken, and I'm doing everything, I can think of.....sad face.
Please say prayers for my family..... We have loved this little guy so much....for so long....It's rough.

Thanks in advance, you all know how special our fur babies are to us....
I'll be in touch, later on.

So sorry this is happening but it could just be his time. 16 is an incredibly long life for a Doxie! I know that's not much consolation when you are at a point when you may have to say goodbye. But take heart in the fact that we have the ability to not let them suffer and pass with kindness and dignity. I hope he pulls through but sending (((HUGS))) either way. I KNOW how painful it is to lose a furkid having lost several myself. xox