PDA

View Full Version : The cat is on a massive poop list!

shermur
July 12th, 2016, 06:49 AM
If this is how my day is going to start...OMG!

I got extra early to start quilting a Great-granny square table runner.....I had planned on starting it Sunday morning. I put in a new threaded bobbin and getting ready to put my walking foot on...the phone rang. It was one of my sisters, we talked close to an hour.

When I sat down to the sewing machine this morning? My bobbin cover is missing and my machine screwdriver. The CAT has evidently thought he would play and knock it off my sewing area. A needle in a haystack....I have no clue even to begin where to look!

I have ordered replacement on-line and hopefully it will work, but I am seething right now and the cat is not favored! This is one of those times I had a huge sewing room and no one or nothing is allowed in! I am partly to blame, as I should have made sure the bobbin cover was on secure and my screwdriver was put away!

Monique
July 12th, 2016, 07:04 AM
Uh oh!!! You will find it as soon as the other arrives. LOL!!

shermur
July 12th, 2016, 07:06 AM
Yes, Monique, you're probably correct on that aspect! You don't know how bad I want to go into my daughter's bedroom and wake her up to help me find the missing bobbin cover! Since the cat is hers, but...I guess I'll for-go that thought for now!

The cat is infamous for this...it doesn't matter where my sewing items/notions are, he insists on knocking my things off any table he has access to. And the shedding on my fabric? Unreal!

Blondie
July 12th, 2016, 07:37 AM
Sherri, my old kitty would do the same thing and trust me, it was not fun. Kitties love to torment us. I consider it worth while. And yes, as our Monique has stated, as soon as the other arrives, you will find it. Been there, done that too.
See what good company you're in?

shermur
July 12th, 2016, 07:48 AM
Thanks, Blondie! I very glad to be in good company,but...this will put me further behind than I already am!

Blondie
July 12th, 2016, 08:07 AM
yes, the old adage applies here - the hurrier I go the behinder I get.
Smile and love that kitty. It just wants to play with thread like you do. hehehe

amartin24
July 12th, 2016, 08:12 AM
I don't have a door installed yet into my sewing room (after the redo). I got tired of our one very furry kitty going in there at night and sleeping on my ironing surface, leaving lots of hair. My Mom had a divider in her shed that wasn't being used. I replaced the ugly lace panels with home decor fabric and it looks great in the doorway. No more kitties in there!

shermur
July 12th, 2016, 08:12 AM

Here's the culprit!

Iris Girl
July 12th, 2016, 08:55 AM
Our kitties are our best friends and love to play with all hobby things. How could you ever stay mad at a face like that? I have 3 rambunctious not quite a year old kitties and love every min they are in my sewing room with or without me. They sleep on the chair, ironing surface, stacks of fabric, next to my machine under the machine ..where ever they can. My life and sewing would not be the same with out my loving furbabies.

WendyI
July 12th, 2016, 10:13 AM
Awwwww...he's adorable! Kitties are so awesome. My cats are always where I am. They follow me everywhere and yep, they love my ironing surface also. I have an awesome pin cushion that I love (thank you April! :icon_hug: ) and Mega Poose LOVES to pull the pins out of it and sometimes chew the plastic tips off! I really have to watch him! I do keep them out of the room though...the hair buildup otherwise is out of control!

Bubby
July 12th, 2016, 10:27 AM
I don't have a cat, but Dottie loves to walk away with my things. I gave her a bottom drawer and put some fabric strips in there for her to amuse herself with, but she still prefers whatever I'm working on. Her favorite thing to chew on is plastic, so if I drop a bobbin I have to dive after it before she gets it. When she was a pup she ate two plastic water bottles and some wine corks and had to have major surgery. She also steals the plastic bolt covers off the base of the toilets, so I have them stashed away. Oh the things we do for our beloved pets.

peggiep
July 12th, 2016, 10:32 AM
I don't think I would be able to sew without Tiggr in the room. He usually sits on the back of my chair or on top of the machine...and yes, he often knocks things on the floor to give them a closer inspection. He thinks he is trying to help! The only time I panic is when he jumps up on the cutting table while I'm cutting. He loves to stick his nose right on the edge of the ruler. That's when I stop and do something else until he is bored and goes to sleep. Even though I have a sewing room, with a door, I make sure I put all the notions away when I leave the room. But...gotta love him,

mischiefkat
July 12th, 2016, 11:11 AM
I had Gabby she was a Rag Doll, sweetest cat. She wasn't declawed, never bothered the furniture,used the scratch post. When I sewed she kept me company, slept on the machine table right next to were I put my left hand while guiding the fabric. If she was too close, I'd try to scoot her over. Never opening her eyes,she'd lay an open claw paw on my hand,just enough to remind me she was armed. Kathy

TMP
July 12th, 2016, 12:29 PM
A big tom cat has adopted our neighborhood and my next door neighbor feeds him. He has almost cleared the area of chipmunks and I doubt anyone has a mouse. We are over run with squirrels and several neighbors talk about them getting in their attics. I wish he would go after them.

rebeccas-sewing
July 12th, 2016, 12:49 PM
Keep an eye on your kitty. Maybe you'll be lucky and he'll revisit the items in question so you can retrieve them.

Sherri6474
July 12th, 2016, 01:37 PM
Your "culprit" is so cute!! I have 5 kitties (youngest is just 3 months) who love to be where ever I am. They love nothing better than to curl up on a quilt and don't care what stage the quilt is in. LOL!! The youngest kitty is a chocolatey/black/striped kitten who is as rotten as the day is long. He loves to chew on my toes or climb up my legs as I am sewing. And his teeth and claws are razor sharp too! I don't have sewing room, just a corner in our family room, so I sew in the kitchen. They are such company to me and I would be lost without the spoiled rotten fur babies.

Heather
July 14th, 2016, 01:47 AM
I laughed when I read your post. Our kitty was locked overnight in my sewing room recently. I had no idea he'd gone in there with me. He was such a good boy he did his business in the batting scraps and not the new batting I'd spread out to get rid if the wrinkles. Bonus - it was plenty absorbant and saved the carpet, if you catch my drift.

shermur
July 14th, 2016, 08:14 AM
Well, so far, DD found the screwdriver on the floor in her room....still no bobbin cover. Still waiting on progress report for the on-line order for replacement! It has shipped, it's been stuck in Dickson, TN since 07/12/16?

RockinLou
July 15th, 2016, 09:59 AM
LOL!! My kids did the same things as toddlers! I was always good about keeping scissors and blades out of reach, but everything else they felt was fair game!! ��

shermur
July 24th, 2016, 05:43 AM
Guess what I found a couple of days ago? The bobbin cover that was MIA.....

So, now I have a back-up in case I need it!

Altairss
July 24th, 2016, 11:13 AM
So funny and glad to hear you found it. My sewing room is now in the loft above the shop and pretty much a dog and cat free zone. Oddly I miss having them in there but they won't settle up in the new space so its distraction free. When I loose things its all my own fault and boy do I misplace them. Wonder how many times the blame was on me before lol