PDA

View Full Version : Sunny Sunday

Lyndaj
July 10th, 2016, 08:51 AM
Good morning peeps.

Hope everyone is well.

It's been an interesting weekend so far. I had my bday on Friday. Bought my bday cake (raspberry chocolate truffle) which turned out to have some booze in it. Hmmmmm... Yesterday I went to my first garment sewing class where I made my first tote bag. The instructor is great, but she lost my non sewist class mates a few times e.g. put right sides together.

As some of you know, I recently hired a running coach. Yesterday while I was at class I got a couple of frantic emails from him and his partner which I didn't see until a few hours later after I got home. I immediately responded to put out the fire, and I've heard nothing since. :icon_heh: At any rate, tomorrow I start running with his plan. looking forward to it.

I really should get back to quilting.

Have a great day everyone.

peggiep
July 10th, 2016, 09:28 AM
Morning Lynda and all who follow!
Belated BD Greetings to you. Sounds like your cake was delicicious! My favourite blend of flavours is chocolate and raspberry, so you couldn't go wrong adding the truffle part!
We're having another rainy day here and believe me I am NOT complaining. We had thunderstorms throughout the day yesterday which knocked our power out several time. It seems every time I reset the clock on the microwave, the power would sputter again. Fortunately, dinner was on the bbq last night so it didn't matter. Today it is still rainy lightly and the grass is turning from brown to yellow. DH may have to mow it before we leave on Thurs.
Off this morning for breakie with a former work friend and then off to a family dinner.
Doesn't look like I will be in the sewing room again today but there's always tomorrow!
Have a great day everyone.
Cheers

seaturtle
July 10th, 2016, 10:01 AM
Good morning Linda & Peggie and all to follow, we came home from vacation late yesterday afternoon. I have laundry and housework to catch up on. I managed to get some hand-sewing done while away. My DGS's quilt is finished - will post pics as soon as it's washed. I started the blocks for my DD's minky quilt. It is the animal skin minky https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/detail/17118/shannon-fabrics/shannon-fabrics/cuddle-prints-adorable-animals-cuddle-cake.
The blocks have been sewn to the backing and I need to get them on the design wall to arrange them. I am doing a rag quilt from it.

We would love to have some rain here. The grass is getting brown and brittle and the plants are drooping.

I have lots to catch up on - one more cup of coffee and then off to do some of this work. Why is coming home so much work? Have a great day everyone.

MayinJerset
July 10th, 2016, 10:33 AM
Since it was so cold and damp yesterday we postponed having dinner along the bayshore until today which is turning out to be a nice warm summer day.

Feeling lazy this morning but need to get some things done before going out, mail has piled up and I need to sort some fabric that has been on the dining room table all week. Wishing a good day to all.

Bubby
July 10th, 2016, 10:56 AM
Sorry we missed your birthday yesterday, Lindaj. It sounds like you had a great cake!

It's very hot here today. The Japanese beetles arrived yesterday and destroyed all our Hibiscus, Rose of Sharon bushes and roses. We are sick about it. All we can do is deal with it.

We are having a lazy day so far. I don't feel like sewing today.

Wishing everyone a beautiful day.

Ginny B
July 10th, 2016, 12:39 PM
Happy Sunday everyone. Belated birthday wishes Lynda. Sounds like a yummy cake and a fun day. Good luck with your running coach and your running plan. I am sticking to walking at my age. Tried running when I was younger and got shin splints. That was the end of that.

We were going to head down to the beach this morning but it was pretty cloudy so we decided to stay home and relax. We did a lot yesterday.... Gardening , tons of laundry, housework and meal prep for the week. So we have the day to just rest before heading back to work after our week off. Cindy , yes, it is a lot of work after vacation....and we didn't even go away! Just did local stuff. But it was a great week.

Barb, sorry about your hibiscus. :(. Peggie and May, sounds like you both have fun days planned. Enjoy.

Have a great Sunday all

Lyndaj
July 10th, 2016, 01:14 PM
Happy Sunday everyone. Belated birthday wishes Lynda. Sounds like a yummy cake and a fun day. Good luck with your running coach and your running plan. I am sticking to walking at my age. Tried running when I was younger and got shin splints. That was the end of that.

Ginny, thank you for your kind wishes. Just so you know, I started running 3 years ago, a few months before my 51st bday. This has not been an easy journey for me, in fact, I have been injured for the better part of a year and a half....however, I now know the injury is being caused by muscle imbalances in my body, which are not being worked on to fix.

As for you, I would be willing to say that you were wearing the wrong shoes to run in, but that's water under the bridge. Thanks again.

Ginny B
July 10th, 2016, 05:47 PM
I think you are probably right Lynda. I make sure I have the correct shoes now when I go walking.

KarenC
July 10th, 2016, 06:13 PM
Belated happy birthday Lynda. Good luck with your running coach. I started walking 1/2 marathons about 5 years ago at the young age of 55. Too chicken to run, so walking just takes a little longer. It's good to get out there and be active, anyway you can. Sounds like everyone is having a good Sunday, except for the poor hibiscus. Best thing I've sound for mine is spraying with water and dish soap. Go figure.

Had sister and BIL here for a few days to attend a baseball game. Our team didn't win, but they put up a good fight. Now that company is gone, I get to sew again.

Finally finished sewing the binding on mom's quilt. Now for the had stitching to the back. Hope to share next week. Gone to work on DS's quilt a bit now. Hope everyone has a great week.