PDA

View Full Version : Why I've disappeared from the forum

cyndiofthevortex
July 8th, 2016, 01:10 PM
Some of you won't know me, but I'm an old-timer here. I used to be here every day and so enjoyed getting to know so many of you. You've all been so kind to me! It seems now all I can do is post a Show and Tell now and then.

When people disappear, I know from past experience they are missed and we all wonder what happened to them. Where did they go? Most times we never find out. I didn't want that to be the case with me.

Many of you know my brother Tommy died in March after a 6 month battle with brain cancer. So many of you blessed him with cards! It was the most wonderful outpouring of love I've ever seen. He and our whole family were so encouraged and strengthened with your love and kindness. I can never thank you guys enough. I kept each card and look forward to reading through them all again and again. They comforted my brother when he was dying, so they are precious to me.

My younger brother Andrew was diagnosed with terminal colon cancer 2 years ago. It has been hiding inside of him for years, but has just resurfaced with a vengeance. It is attacking his liver and he only has months to live. Thank God that we are a family with a strong faith! I don't know how else we would get through these days.

I'm overwhelmed with grief.

I miss you all.

klgls
July 8th, 2016, 01:40 PM
Oh Cyndi - my heart pours out for you! Your family will be in my prayers.

JCY
July 8th, 2016, 01:42 PM
Oh, Cyndi ~ So sorry to get this news. You're probably not totally grief healed from Tommy. Now facing the loss of another brother. Life just is not fair. Thank goodness you are a family of strong faith. It's the only way we can get through the struggles of this life. God cares. He understands. He'll give us the strength to carry on. May you sense His peace & comfort as you work your way through this. Thoughts & prayers going your way.

jjkaiser
July 8th, 2016, 01:52 PM
Oh no not again. I don't know how you stand it except for the fact you have no choice. We all grieve with you and for you. You come and vent here any time you need to. I am so sorry.

ceiliam
July 8th, 2016, 01:57 PM
Cyndi, my heart bleeds for you. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family,as you deal with this trial.

Lori63
July 8th, 2016, 01:57 PM
Cyndi, I'm so sorry to hear this. I can imagine you are still grieving for your other brother. Please know you have our love and support anytime you need it.

SewnByBee
July 8th, 2016, 02:29 PM
Cyndi,
Missed seeing you. ....hope you will chime in, every chance you can. Maybe, we can help by being a distraction.....I know, for me, getting on here, helped me, to get out of my head,
( to stop thinking ) for a 'lil bit.

I feel your pain....
I pray for you and your family, strength, and comfort , blessings to restore, and heal your grief stricken hearts. Godspeed.

(((( BIG HUGS )))), dear friend.

SuzyQue
July 8th, 2016, 02:41 PM
Prayers said for you and your family. This is a difficult time, so you need to grieve in the ways that seem best to you. The forum will be here when you are ready or need us. Sometimes life happens and situations take us to other needs and places. Know that you will be missed and feel free to drop in whenever it works for you. Hold onto your family and God. He will get you through.

SallyO'Sews
July 8th, 2016, 02:46 PM
Oh, my dear, I am so sorry. May the Lord wrap His loving arms around you and Andrew and the rest of your loved ones as only He can. My younger brother is also Andrew, and I know that we remain protective of them in a certain way, long after we have passed our 50th and 60th birthdays! Will continue to keep you and yours in prayer, dear one.
Love, hugs, and blessings,
~ Sally \0/

easyquilts
July 8th, 2016, 02:49 PM
Oh, Cyndi.... I am so dirty to hear this terrible news... You and your family haven't even had time to grieve for Tommy... Facing the loss if another brother...so soon....is beyond belief.... Thankfully, yours is a faith filled family....

We will all be here for you.... Surrounding you with our prayers and love, and good thoughts...

geegeequilts
July 8th, 2016, 02:53 PM
Cyndi

I am so sorry to hear this! I can't imagine how devastating it is for you & your family! Know we are all praying for Andrew & you as well. God bless you all at this awful time.

Gina

sewbizzy
July 8th, 2016, 03:18 PM
Cyndi, I will continue to pray for you and your family...you deserve a break...I am so sorry..

Sandy Navas
July 8th, 2016, 03:20 PM
The prayers are coming, along with hugs to comfort you.

Preeti
July 8th, 2016, 03:50 PM
Hugs and Best Wishes
He reminds me of Kevin Kline :-)

Midge
July 8th, 2016, 03:55 PM
Cyndi, I am so very sorry to hear of Andrew's cancer. You and your family are still reeling from Tommy's illness and death. I think you know that everyone here understands the anguish and sorrow you must be feeling. But don't stay away. Vent any time. There are many loving hearts on this forum who support you and all our dear members who are suffering.

sew-what2015
July 8th, 2016, 04:31 PM
I did 'see' you on the forum mostly because of your bright happy avatar and I like your forum name and signature.
My thoughts are with you and your family. I will keep all in my prayers.

cyndiofthevortex
July 8th, 2016, 04:37 PM
I did 'see' you on the forum mostly because of your bright happy avatar and I like your forum name and signature.
My thoughts are with you and your family. I will keep all in my prayers.I put up the bright happy smile a long time ago and have decided to keep it no matter what the circumstances are in my life. The same with the quote. I think of it often and it brings me comfort. I really have missed being here and hope to begin stopping back in more often. Thanks for encouraging me, everyone.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 8th, 2016, 05:05 PM
Cyndi, so sorry to hear cancer has hit your family so hard. We miss you here, your creativity and cool projects you complete. But family issues take precedence on daily activities. Check back when you are able and know we are thinking of you and praying for your family.

MayinJerset
July 8th, 2016, 05:26 PM
Our hearts are breaking for you and your family, wish there was more that we could do after prayers.

Snip Snip
July 8th, 2016, 05:31 PM
Please take care of yourself and allow yourself a little time for renewal. Prayers going up for you and your family.

quiltingtrish
July 8th, 2016, 05:32 PM
I'm sorry to hear your news of Andrew. I still have you in my prayers, Cyndi. I do miss you around here.

snippet
July 8th, 2016, 05:48 PM
Yep, I've missed seeing your posts and your awesome quilts. But I knew about your brother and had him and your family in my prayers. I'm sorry Andrew's cancer is surfacing again. Keep strong and love your brother through it all. We'll be here anytime and I'll keep prayng for you. ((( hugs )))

laura44
July 8th, 2016, 05:52 PM
I'm so sorry, continued prayers for you and your family.
May God give comfort to your brother. We are all here for you.

MRoy
July 8th, 2016, 06:07 PM
Cyndi, I'm so sorry about Andrew. We'll be here for you anytime you need us. Sending prayers and hugs your way.

Carol336
July 8th, 2016, 06:08 PM
Oh Cyndi - I'm so sorry to hear about your brother Andrew. I'll be sending up many prayers for you, Andrew and your whole family as you struggle to get through the difficult months ahead. {{{{HUGS}}}} to you girlfriend!!!!

WendyI
July 8th, 2016, 06:37 PM
Oh Cindy you and your wee adopted boy are often in my thoughts. I'm so very sorry to hear about your brother. Please stay in touch and let us support you. Sending ((((hugs)))) to you and yours. Xoxxo

Cokie
July 8th, 2016, 06:53 PM
Life is so hard and so unfair! Cyndi, I am so very sorry for the difficult road you're walking right now. I hope it comforts you some to know that all of us are beside you, even when we don't know what else to do or say. You and your family are in my prayers.

GrammaBabs
July 8th, 2016, 08:00 PM
I am keeping you close in thought and prayer.... life can be so unfair.... but i know your faith and natural good nature will get you thru! Stay strong GF.... Keep us posted... GB

cv quilter
July 8th, 2016, 08:12 PM
Cyndi.....I hardly know what to say except I will keep you and Andrew and all of your family in my prayers. I am saddened by your post and can't figure how you remain strong, except for your faith. I am so happy that you ARE a family of faith. We are tested and sometimes it's hard to "pass" the test, but God is good, and knows your sorrow and your burden. Stay strong and know that your friends here are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Kaytessa
July 8th, 2016, 08:26 PM
So many prayers for you and Andrew. God will hear each one, and may he grant you more than enough to get through whatever needs to be done. May he wrap you so tight in love , that y'all will 'feel' his love. You and your family aren't forgotten, and many people will continue to pray. (((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

Kgrammiecaz
July 8th, 2016, 09:20 PM
Cyndi, you are very mich missed, but er surely undersrand. Strong family and friends support is so very important. Sending blessings your way that you find a way to make peace with this difficult time. Hugs to all.

oldsewer
July 8th, 2016, 10:16 PM
Cyndi, praying for peace for all of you. Sharon

pcbatiks
July 8th, 2016, 10:36 PM
Our sweet Cyndi, we love you and care about you and your family. Know that we are all supporting and praying for you and your brother. You having been carrying this heavy burden for awhile. I pray that God will give you peace to help you through this.

Check in when you feel up to it. We love hearing from you and seeing those beautiful quilts of yours.

Big hug to you.

rebeccas-sewing
July 8th, 2016, 11:02 PM
How can this be? This is so sad to hear, Cyndi. I certainly understand why you haven't been visiting the Forum of late. My thoughts are with you and your family. Please know that we are all praying for you and your brother.

Grandma Nan
July 8th, 2016, 11:45 PM
Cyndi there are no words that can comfort you now but just know that your Forum friends are here whenever you have time or inclination to look at the Forum. You can come here for support, you can come here to let off steam or you can come here just as a distraction. This will not answer the many questions you must have right now nor will it heal the hurt and pain you are doubtless going through but just know we will all try to support you in any way we can. We all care about you and your family and even though we are not close by our thoughts and prayers are with you daily. Please take care of yourself as it is so easy to get run down both mentally and physically.

Simply Quilting
July 9th, 2016, 12:14 AM
Cyndi, so sorry to hear about your brother Andrew. What a very difficult year your family and you are having. Lifting you up in prayer.

stationarymom
July 9th, 2016, 02:03 AM
Cyndi I am so sorry to hear this,I will keep you and your family in my prayers.If there is anything we can do please speak up let us know we all care about you.(((hugs)))

Suzette
July 9th, 2016, 09:29 AM
Cyndi you have been missed! My heart aches for you and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. May God bless each of you with all you need to get through these tough days. Hugs!

Ginny B
July 9th, 2016, 09:38 AM
Cyndi, so sorry to hear this news. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

seaturtle
July 9th, 2016, 10:40 PM
So very sorry to hear of this. Your family is in my prayers.

songbird857
July 10th, 2016, 12:10 AM
Oh. ugh. Cyndi - this breaks my heart. I'll be praying for your family again.

Andrea F
July 10th, 2016, 08:54 AM
Cyndi, I'm so sorry you have to go through this again so soon. Sending positive thoughts and I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Monique
July 10th, 2016, 05:39 PM
Oh Cyndi, I am so saddened to hear this news. Prayers going out to you and your family.

mommadeb
July 10th, 2016, 05:55 PM
Oh Cyndi! Many prayers and hugs out to all of you!

amartin24
July 11th, 2016, 11:19 AM
Cyndi, so sorry to hear this news of another brother! Prayers for your brother, you, and your family. So glad to hear you are a family of faith! Many times we don't know why God puts us through these trying times but we need to remain faithful and trust. John 16:33