easyquilts
July 8th, 2016, 10:24 AM
What is our country coming to?

klgls
July 8th, 2016, 10:30 AM
Makes me so so sad!

asta
July 8th, 2016, 10:51 AM
Prayers for our worlds people to find peace and all the anger to subside.

Altairss
July 8th, 2016, 11:06 AM
Its heartbreaking and worse to read the social comments of all the people celebrating that fact they were shot as if it was somehow justice for the killings of two black men in other states.

laura44
July 8th, 2016, 11:57 AM
I am horrified.

WendyI
July 8th, 2016, 12:27 PM
Martin Luther King is surely rolling over in his grave. I agree that there needs to be protest...it's shocking how many African American lives are lost and not properly investigated or justice is not given. But violence is never the answer.

I learned about Kendrick Johnson's death at a high school and it is one of the most shocking to me. Although, not murdered by a police officer, the investigation into his death was horrifyingly mishandled and no one was punished. I just will never understand this as long as I live. I will never understand how the NRA controls so much in that country and why so many people continue to hold onto their desire to own weapons. I have handled guns and I see no reason for any citizen to have them. I just don't. EVER. My heart is breaking again for all Americans but especially those of colour who have to live in such fear. :icon_scared::icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry:

bubba
July 8th, 2016, 01:28 PM
Martin Luther King is surely rolling over in his grave. I agree that there needs to be protest...it's shocking how many African American lives are lost and not properly investigated or justice is not given. But violence is never the answer.

It's more shocking to me that when policemen are innocently killed by someone they may just be pulling over for a broken taillight that it seems it is just swept under the carpet. There are many, many police murdered a year and you don't see protests, uprisings, etc. I blame this on the media. The spin they put on things and the half truths they report are doing nothing to help the problem.

auntiemern
July 8th, 2016, 02:41 PM
Because our POTUS is trying to start a race war, so he can declare martial law and stay in office. And Wendy, it is our constitutional right to keep and bear arms, to protect ourselves from those who intend to harm us, and take our freedoms away...which is exactly what is happening.

kaydee
July 8th, 2016, 02:55 PM
My heart is breaking again for all Americans but especially those of colour who have to live in such fear. :icon_scared::icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry:

Wow, I'm biting my tongue in half. You are SO out of line, Wendy. Perhaps you should get all the facts before you judge Americans or our police officers. Start with the fact that the man who was recently killed in Minnesota was a gang member -- Crips, I believe, and appears to match the description of a suspect in an ARMED robbery only a few days prior. Also, check out the vido and view the gun in the front seat right next to his hand. He clearly wasn't living "in fear".

And I'll stop there before I get myself kicked off this forum, but there is a lot more I would like to say, that's for sure!

bubba
July 8th, 2016, 03:58 PM
Did you hear of the white man shot and killed by police earlier this week in California?? Neither did the rest of us, but it happened. When the media is ordered to stop spewing their biased view of what is happening, that will help a lot of the problem. And if the president would support both sides instead of the one he obviously does, that would also help.

K. McEuen
July 8th, 2016, 03:59 PM
And now this thread is closed because some people chose to turn it into a political argument.