• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bubba
    Missouri Star
    • Mar 2013

a day I won't soon forget.....

MM had a doctor appointment right after work this morning. He got home shortly after I got up and I asked how everything went.

First words...........I'm having surgery July 26th.
    me........................uh, wait, hold on, for what???
    him.......................I have a tumor in my bladder that is probably cancerous.
    me........................wait, what? I thought you were going for the follow up on your kidney stones and to find out what they are doing for that.

Well, it seems your 7mm and 5.9mm kidney stones take a backseat to a tumor inside your bladder! The doctor looked at it thru a scope, says it's encased in calcium and has been there for a while. Because it's encased in calcium, it's slow growing and when they remove it on the 26th, they will send it to the lab for the biopsy. The doctor is pretty certain it is cancer and as soon as the results come back (while he is still on the table), they will fill his bladder with chemotherapy drugs and leave them there for an hour and I guess they wash it out or something at that point...probably just comes out on its own. He will be returning for lots of visits over the next few years....monthly the first year then bimonthly, and so on.

So, I am the worrier in this family. I asked if he told the doctor about the other tumor he had that was not cancerous. No. Did you tell him about the history of cancer in your family? No. Why not??? He didn't ask. It was at that point I had to leave the room because I might have hurt him.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!
  • Judy, USMC
    Missouri Star
    • May 2013

Re: a day I won't soon forget.....

Sorry to hear about this news. Will be praying that all goes well. Please keep us posted ....

Comment

• Simply Quilting
      Missouri Star
      • Dec 2013

Praying that all goes well.

Comment

• stationarymom
        Missouri Star
        • Jun 2013

Pat i'm so sorry to hear this.I hope the dr. is wrong and that it's not cancerous or because it's incased in calcium maybe it hasn't had a chance to do too much damage.My father had prostate cancer that spread to his bladder and they performed the process that you are talking about it did work for him and his bladder did have cancer in it.I will keep you and yours in my prayers .try to wait until you get results before you really let yourself worry.I know this is not easy.
        :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

• pcbatiks
          Missouri Star
          • Mar 2012

Sorry to hear this worrisome news. But I'll also be praying that the dr is wrong. You and your DH will be in my prayers.
          "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
          Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• KarenC
            Missouri Star
            • Apr 2015

Added you and DH to my prayer list. So sorry for the shocking news. Try to think positive. I understand that may not be easy, if you are a worrier.
            Karen
            Spring, TX

Comment

• Monique
              Missouri Star
              • Jan 2011

Oh Pat, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your man. At least it was detected sooner rather than later.
              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• sew-what2015
                The Guild President
                • Jul 2015

I will be thinking about both of you. You will be in my prayers.

Comment

• Bubby
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jun 2011

I'm so sorry to hear this, Pat. I pray that things will go well for your MM and yourself.
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• DeniseSm
                    Missouri Star
                    • Nov 2013

I am so sorry. My Dad has dealt with bladder cancer for three years now. I will add you to our prayer list.

You are absolutely correct that the doctor needs to know about the other tumor and the family history of cancer before the surgery. There are extra procedures he or she can do to help MM.

God be with you. Please keep us advised. We care.
                    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• Lori63
                      Missouri Star
                      • Mar 2015

Oh Pat, I'm so sorry to hear this. Hope all goes well and it sounds like you need to go to MM's appointments with him from now on! Please keep us posted on how he's doing.
                      Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

• peggiep
                        Applique Angel
                        • Oct 2015

Barb, my thoughts and prayers are with you and MM.
                        My DH was diagnosed with prostate cancer 3 years ago and I know the feeling of the bottom dropping out of your stomach when you hear the words "I have cancer". He was treated and, PTL, is now cancer free, so I know miracles happen.
                        Stay as calm as you can under the circumstances and keep us posted on his progress.
                        Peggiep
                        "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

• Suzette
                          Missouri Star
                          • Oct 2012

I am so sorry to hear this news. I will continually pray for peace and comfort for all of you and a positive outcome and a return to full health for MM.
                          Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

• klgls
                            Missouri Star
                            • Apr 2013

So sorry to hear this Pat. I'm sure you just wanted to throttle him! I'll be praying for both of you!
                            ***Kathy***

Comment

• Lyndaj
                              The Guild President
                              • Dec 2015

Pat, I'm so sorry to hear this news. As for your husband's not giving his doc his cancer history and the cancer history in his family, my good friend would say that is a Y chromosome thing. Mine would have done the exact same thing. Sending my positive thoughts your way.

Comment

Working...
                              X