PDA

View Full Version : Night Owl in Transit

kimsophia
July 7th, 2016, 01:45 AM
Hoot hoot, it's HOT HOT here and HUMID as the dickens. I hope some of you are enjoying better weather. We had a thunderstorm with 70 mph winds roar through last night. No damage in this neighborhood but some big branches were down across a road, blocking one lane in an old neighborhood to the east of us.

It has been a busy day here moving furniture. We moved three hatchback car loads. My buddy got some classy stuff on the cheap!

What's hooting at your house? @.@

Judy, USMC
July 7th, 2016, 02:19 AM
Had early morning storms Wednesday and prepping for more starting at 6pm tonight. Weather is kind of mild here in Chicago - at least it's not as hot & humid as in North Carolina. Heading out early tomorrow to pick up a couple of rows and more groceries and then home to hunker down.

Glad things are going well for your buddy, Kim. Hope it cools off for you ... and the storms here don't head your way.

toggpine
July 7th, 2016, 02:55 AM
Some good news. Dad has been transferred to the rehab facility. I'm not sure how long that will be, but at least he is out of the hospital! Before he left, the current attending physician talked to him about a DNR order and what his wishes are. He explains d to Dad exactly what would happen if his heart stopped again with out some directives on Dad's part. Dad decided he didn't want to go through all of this again. So now, if he codes, they will let him go. Hopefully he as a few more years before we have to deal with that, but long term kidney dialysis patients are rare. He is at 5 years now, so a couple more may be all we get.

I sewed the sashing to the blocks today, hopefully I can get the rows together tomorrow. Although it looks like a busy day again, so who knows.
Happy hooting everyone!
Hugs, Cathy

Andrea F
July 7th, 2016, 03:53 AM
Good morning!

Cathy, I'm so glad to hear your dad is out of the hospital. I hope his health improves to the point where you have more than a couple of years left.

Nice and warm here, with the second day of sun in a row and no rain at all yesterday! Maybe summer wants to come visit us after all. Today after work DS#1 and I will go out for dinner with most of the staff from our department. We have a official end-of-semester-dinner in two weeks but a few can't go and they decided to go all together today and asked me if I would come, too. So, I'm going to hang out with the kids tonight :)
Later tonight is the semi final in the European soccer championship and Germany is still in the competition. Let's hope they win. Otherwise hubby is going to be in a bad mood for a few days. If they win, they're going to play Portugal on Sunday for the title.

Have a beautiful, warm, storm-free day!

bubba
July 7th, 2016, 04:24 AM
MM's dad was on dialysis for 12 years, which was a long time! Our neighbor was on it for just about ten and he was a lucky one and got a transplant about three years ago.

Good wishes for your dad!

auntiemern
July 7th, 2016, 04:40 AM
Cathy, so glad to hear your dad is doing better. Those DNR's are hard to handle some times. Make sure someone that can follow his wishes has medical POA. It was hard for us for both parents...but it was necessary. Hope your dad has more than 2 more years with you.

MayinJerset
July 7th, 2016, 09:33 AM
Good News Cathy.