PDA

View Full Version : Is Senility Setting In?

Snip Snip
July 3rd, 2016, 10:07 AM
I happened to look at my past orders on my M* account, and it says I ordered the Backyard Roses rolly pollie, plus some yardage on April 25th. Checking the e-mail, it said the order was confirmed and sent, but I don't remember ordering it, or receiving it! I know I looked at it, and looked at the yardage, but thought I decided not to buy it.

I have been rearranging my sewing area, trying to consolidate like colors, getting new storage bins, etc, so I have gone through all my fabric recently--within the past month. No sign of that fabric. What could I have done with it?? Did I receive it?

I did e-mail M* but that was before I looked at the e-mails for the day of the order. It says it was received and the order was shipped the next day. ACK! This kind of stuff worries me, and not just about the money I apparently spent!

rebeccas-sewing
July 3rd, 2016, 11:19 AM
Did look back through your credit card statements to see if there's a charge for it. Did you check your trashed emails to look for MSQC's confirmation of the order and the mail service confirmation showing delivery of the order? If those are present you probably tucked it away somewhere. Other than some missing BLOCK magazines (MSQC replaced them for me) I've never had a package from them go missing. Do not fret over your memory. We have so much in our lives to keep track of these days. We have so many things on our minds. I really think this is why we have lapses in our memories at times. I know it definitely happens to me. I had just purchased a CRAFTSY pattern for a job I'm doing. I woke up wondering where the heck I put it. I was sure it was a regular pattern received by mail with a color photo of the apron on the front. When I started looking for it, I found it was a digital copy that I printed off in black and white. Stuff like this just happens. I'll check it off and simply put it out of my mind so I can move on to other things. Next thing I know I'll be freaking out because I can't remember what the heck happened to that really important item that I need.

Snip Snip
July 3rd, 2016, 11:29 AM
There is a shipping confirmation e-mail. I think I threw away the paid credit card statement that would have been applicable for that month. I don't normally do that; just a momentary fit of trying to cut down on stashed paperwork. It's just that I can sort of picture myself getting the fabric, and thinking "Now why did I order this? There's not enough of this green to make a very wide border, and I only like a few of these prints."
I have ordered things off the net after taking my sleeping pill, and not really have much memory of it, but in those cases I do eventually remember and actually have the product in hand.
I make a point of not doing that anymore, by the way, haha!

jjkaiser
July 3rd, 2016, 11:43 AM
If this is an item you really wanted then I would spend time trying to track it down. You could call your credit card company and have them look at your old statement but that would only work if you have the order number especially if you have multiple orders from M, and who doesn't?! Otherwise if you don't even like that fabric that much or did not order for a specific project I would just let it go.

I have the simplest filing system in the world. I have a see thru 9x12 Mylar envelope with Velcro closing. Every time I pay a bill I write paid on it and put in the envelope on the top. Everything paid for the whole year is in one place and at the end of year I transfer it to a brown mailing envelope and write the year on it, then toss the old one. I only keep current and one previous year.

rebeccas-sewing
July 3rd, 2016, 12:30 PM
I like that system, jjkaiser - no fuss, no muss.

Snip Snip
July 3rd, 2016, 02:15 PM
That is a good idea. I either keep too much too long, or not enough, not long enough. The fabric wasn't something I particularly wanted; I thought I had talked myself out of it.
Guess I'll let it go. I have other things to give my attention to.

SallyO'Sews
July 3rd, 2016, 04:45 PM
I read somewhere that as we age, memory is the second thing to go.
I can't remember what the first thing is... :0

mpattylou
July 7th, 2016, 02:14 AM
Know what you mean....The other morning, I woke up about 5 am and couldn't get back to sleep so I decided I would surf the net on my iPad....which I keep beside my bed. I put on my glasses which I really have to have..... When I finally decided to get up....the first thing I did was reach for my glasses which I keep on the nightstand. They weren't there! I got down on my hands and knees and felt around for them...where could they be? You guessed it....they were on my face....DUH! No one observed my strange behavior....and I will deny it ever happened. Ha!

Snip Snip
July 7th, 2016, 11:18 AM
Well, in a moment of empty-mindedness (AKA active meditation) I had an urge to get the step ladder out and search the top shelf in my closet. Guess what I found?!? Tada! The jelly roll and yardage in the box it came in!
Boy am I relieved. ...I think.
I'm sure glad I didn't accuse anyone of trying to pull one over on me!

WendyI
July 7th, 2016, 11:40 AM
Whew! Glad you found it! I find it maddening when I lose something. YEARS and YEARS ago I lost a box with two of my favourite tops in it. NO idea what happened to it, but I can still see those tops in my mind! Drives me bonkers!