PDA

View Full Version : I made it!!!

bubba
June 30th, 2016, 11:01 PM
Well, I still have five hours to go......

My fabric diet was a success. I did not buy fabric in the month of June!!! Even went in a new shop w/my best friend the other day and I did not cave....it was hard....very, very hard!

Of course, it helps that I can't sew right now!

asta
June 30th, 2016, 11:06 PM
Yeah Pat! Way to go.

KarenC
June 30th, 2016, 11:13 PM
Great job. Watch out when that fabric diet ends!

seaturtle
June 30th, 2016, 11:15 PM
Great job, Pat. I think I might try this for July. I better go cancel my email notifications for the DD.

jjkaiser
June 30th, 2016, 11:20 PM
Congratulations on holding out! We are stronger than we think. Me too! I did not buy a single piece of fabric for whole month. I even managed NOT to check the DD a few times.

bubba
June 30th, 2016, 11:45 PM
Oh, I check it every night!! 10pm on the dot! I think I will continue for another month too, especially since I don't think I'll be sewing anytime soon! Maybe I will do it all the way up till the retreat, because I'm definitely buying fabric then!

Hulamoon
June 30th, 2016, 11:51 PM
That reminds me that I forgot to get the DD. I'm collecting blue batiks.

Good job though :icon_happy:

Kgrammiecaz
July 1st, 2016, 12:36 AM
Great hold out.

I have been doing good on the buying front except for quilty box items and FQS's sew box. Oher than those, no fabric ordered. I have purchased the circle cutter, needles, and some thread spools. Other than those type things I have kept spending to a minimum.

Going to continue and keep my spendings way down. Feels good for a change.

Keep going Pat. It will be worth it when you get to the retreat and can shop till you drop!

bubba
July 1st, 2016, 01:30 AM
I think I only bought one pattern all month! That was just today, a new release. They are always on sale the first day or two, so I did it.

And MM took pity on me the other day when I was drooling over some fantastic fabric when we were at Hancocks and bought me all that was left on the bolt which was about eight yards!! I'm going to make a pair of capris and use the rest for purses once I start sewing again.

Hulamoon
July 1st, 2016, 01:35 AM
Do you have a good capri pattern? I wanted to make some too.

stationarymom
July 1st, 2016, 01:53 AM
Good for you Pat! Good luck holding out until the retreat,I hope you will be sewing by then.If you do hold out til then you should pack an extra suitcase for fabric or ask the store to ship it for you.

bubba
July 1st, 2016, 02:02 AM

I think I'm going to trace a pair I have that I really like and hope for the best!

bubba
July 1st, 2016, 02:03 AM
Good for you Pat! Good luck holding out until the retreat,I hope you will be sewing by then.If you do hold out til then you should pack an extra suitcase for fabric or ask the store to ship it for you.

I was told they will ship for free if you spend a certain amount. I might just get a box and fill it because I can check two bags because I'm an employees mom and that is one of the benefits along w/free flying!

MayinJerset
July 1st, 2016, 07:26 AM
Great going, you are an inspiration to all of us.

Monique
July 1st, 2016, 08:25 AM
WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grandma G
July 1st, 2016, 11:29 AM
Well, I still have five hours to go......

My fabric diet was a success. I did not buy fabric in the month of June!!! Even went in a new shop w/my best friend the other day and I did not cave....it was hard....very, very hard!

Of course, it helps that I can't sew right now!

You were literally playing the "no fabric this month game" with a real handicap!!!!! Sorry, I couldn't resist... lol

Congratulations, but I will be happy when you are back to sewing and showing us the fabulous results!!!

Kat Smith
July 1st, 2016, 11:51 PM
Congratulations, you are an inspiration to us all! Such stamina , you are inching close to Super Hero status.

csarina
July 2nd, 2016, 05:28 AM
I have been on a fabric diet for almost 2 years now. I have had a couple of fails, I am making a new quilt for our bed, so did slip and buy the fabric for the background.

When we were on holiday I went to a new quilt shop, bought 4 half yds from the reduced box, they cost me 15.

I went to see my quilting friend yesterday, she is almost blind now, very limited sight in one eye. I always take things I have been working on for the quilt group. I came home without half of it. She bought 2 of Jennies zipper bags and a Christmas chicken wall hanging. So I now have to start again!!

Our fabric warehouse is moving to new premises, they are having a big clearing out sale, I am sorry but I have to go.......I will only spend the money I have in my quilting tin which right now is almost 50.

Not sure if I posted pictures of the bags, will have a look and if not will put them up.

WendyI
July 5th, 2016, 11:27 AM

Now this sounds interesting. I have not sewn garments before but capris would be such a good idea for me. I'm at that height where Plus Petit is a bit too short, especially if it shrinks, but regular is way too long. We have so little selection here for plus sized women and the fabrics are just NOT breathable at all. It's frustrating.

And good for you Pat for sticking to your guns! I haven't bought any fabric in a very long time but then I've been in a sewing slump. Hoping after my holidays I can get to it!

MaryUK
July 5th, 2016, 07:16 PM
What's a fabric diet is that when you have to eat your stash? I don't think I have enough to make a decent meal out of so maybe I should go to my LQS?? Only joking.....�� I do have a decent stash but in case the shops run out of fabric should I go and get more??