PDA

View Full Version : We've lost a treasure

Navy Wife
June 28th, 2016, 03:43 PM
This morning Pat Summitt died. Many of you know about the coach of the TN Lady Vols basketball team. She was a tough demanding coach, but a loving and caring woman. Many of today's coaches are "her girls". She won more games than anyone, and took home 8 National Championships. After 38 years of coaching, she could boast of a 100% graduation rate. She was diagnosed with early onset dementia 5 years ago. Until this year when this disease began to win, "her girls" came to her with their problems and joys. They loved her. And Knoxville treasures her. The funeral will be private in middle TN where she was from. There will be a Celebration of Life here at Thompson Boling Arena soon. We love you, Pat. RIP Coach.

Bubby
June 28th, 2016, 04:47 PM
Pat will be missed by so many. RIP Coach

klgls
June 28th, 2016, 04:52 PM
She was truly a "coach". She will be missed!

easyquilts
June 28th, 2016, 04:56 PM
Truly sad.... She will be greatly missed... Her mother was interviewed by Scott Slosn, on WLW radio...Cincinnati...this morning...

MRoy
June 28th, 2016, 05:13 PM
Pat Summitt was a great coach and a hero to many young female athletes. She will be missed.

Midge
June 28th, 2016, 05:19 PM
She did so much for women's athletics. What an accomplished woman and a role model. It's so tragic that she developed early onset Alzheimer's disease and died so young.

sewbizzy
June 28th, 2016, 06:42 PM
So sorry to hear of her passing...I have read about her over the years and everything she did for women's athletics...

jjkaiser
June 28th, 2016, 07:37 PM
She was such a role model for so many girls. I know she will truly be missed.

SallyO'Sews
June 29th, 2016, 02:02 PM
As a die-hard UConn women's basketball fan, I can attest that without Pat Summit and the Lady Vols, there would be no great program here in Connecticut. She truly changed women's basketball for the better, and was a formidable opponent who will be greatly missed.