PDA

View Full Version : Colorful Night Owl

toggpine
June 28th, 2016, 03:27 AM
We dyed things yesterday and they hold their color better if they sit for 24 hours before being rinsed. We wore gloves while dyeing, but pulling off the rubber bands with gloves on is tough. So we went bare handed at some point. Eric's fingers are a beautiful shade of turquoise, Em is mostly green with some other bits of blue and red, and my hands are a blue violet. The shirts turned out well, the fabric is an improvement, and the towels and dishcloths are respectable once again.

I also re-learned a good lesson. Don't just sew without a plan. I am unsewing some sashing strips on the CoC blocks I did. I did not think about them needing to join, so all of them got two strips sewn on top and bottom. Duh! That means double the depth of sashing in the middle section of the quilt. I also neglected to lay out the blocks before hand, so there was some extra unsewing involved to get a pleasing layout. Ugh. I learned my lesson, again.

I'm just checking in with you all and then I'm headed for the roost. What's up with you?
Hugs, Cath

kimsophia
June 28th, 2016, 04:34 AM
I'll probably be headed to bed soon, too. This was the first day in a week where I didn't have hives and I didn't need antihistamine, so I felt a lot more alert and got some stitching done. Our caterpillar turned into a pupa yesterday. That was cool to watch.

Happy hooting to all!

MayinJerset
June 28th, 2016, 09:28 AM
Cathy are you dressing to coordinate with your colorful hands? LOL!

toggpine
June 28th, 2016, 10:47 PM
May, I just read this and looked at my hands and my shirt.
They MATCH!
How funny!

stationarymom
June 29th, 2016, 02:26 AM
I miss the like button!
Cathy it sounds like life is getting back to normal for now that's good.Kim sorry to hear about your hives,but glad you felt better today,Hi May I haven't seen you around lately.I had to go to the neurologist today for a checkup and he suggested that I try medical marijuana.I have never tried it and don't think I want to now.I forget enough from my seizures and age I don't need that kind of help.

toggpine
June 29th, 2016, 02:36 AM
Joan, I haven't ever used it in any form, but my understanding is the edibles don't have the same side effects as smoking it.
You would have to confirm that with someone knowledgeable though.

SisterDi
June 29th, 2016, 05:05 AM
Um, the edibles have a different effect, but they will knock you on your bum. The best way I can describe it is being covered by a weighted blanket. It varies by dosage, of course.

You may be thinking of the new tinctures that they have developed for medical use that do NOT have the psychoactive properties. They can be used by anyone, but are especially desirable for children with intractable seizure disorders.

eta: If that type of medicine has been recommended and is available (and legal) for you, please don't be afraid of it.