• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Divine Daisy
    Missouri Star
    • May 2011

Looks up beary eyed.....

Today Daisy world is bestrooned with net, crystals, lace and swearing. Seems 1500 crystals were not enough! This chapel length veil is longer than you think lol. Also 'SOMEONE' decided that she wanted a filagree crystal design on the veil (that would be me btw) and it eats crystals. Soooooooooooooo am waiting for another 1000 to come in the post before i can finish that.

Today is Wedding Day minus 7, the bride is in bed with a totally revolting cold and is taking no comfort that at least she got it this week and not next. The groom .......who brought the cold home from football training where half the team was snotting and sneezing, is hiding at work so he doesnt get yelled at. He has recovered from his, so we know its only a 4 day thing. As a result though of him being ill and not being allowed within cooee of Mr Daisy who does NOT need a cold at this point, he has not been able to have a fitting for his waistcoat and thus must trust his future mother in law (evil laugh). His cravat went horrably wrong and so i must remake it. Mr Daisy discribed it as.......'er.a bit chunky pet'. It is a quick three seam job and nothing i am worrying about. Might wash the silk first, it seems to be dressed with a lot of.......something which is making it stiff.

Added a few lines to my speech after Heather told me that she and the bride were out together the first time she saw the groom. Apparently she spyed him across the room and announced to her sister that she was going to marry that man. OK, very mushy but quite sweet and as a good deal of my speech is irreverant to the bride i might throw her a crumb of mush.

Tomorrow is my hair and waxing day, so i shall return as good as it gets. Had a hospital appointment today which i attended in what one nurse described as a flurry of lint and crystals to be told my results are not what they would wish. Rolls eyes. To be honest i gave the Dr a hard paddington stare and told him to tell me after next week and to try to avoid me and Mr Daisy being on chemo at the same time. He took it quite well concidering.

That is the news from daisy World.......now to the weather.

It is raining ice.
    Blog
    http://divinedaisydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/
  • Loonwatcher
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2011

Re: Looks up beary eyed.....

Well Daisy. you sure have allot on your plate. Prayers for your and the happy couple for a beautiful wedding and for you and Mr. D's health to come out okay. Thinking of you.
    ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

• janluna
      Missouri Star
      • Oct 2009

Daisy I am so sorry about your Dr. visit. You are in such a bad situation. Prayers for both you and Mr. D are coming your way. And for the wedding to go off without a hitch. I hope it is a beautiful day, wedding, and a blessing to all of you. I'm holding both of you up to God for healing. God Bless you and your family. Love, Hugs, and prayers, Jan L.
      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

• quilter.martha
        Missouri Star
        • May 2011

I ditto Jan's post. Prayers for both you and your DH and for a fabulous wedding!
        When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

• Bubby
          Missouri Star
          • Jun 2011

Miss Daisy......When it rains it really pours on you, doesn't it? My prayers are with you and Mr Daisy and also the wedding. Hugs, Barb
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Sandy Navas
            Missouri Star
            • Dec 2010

Our dear Daisy has everything resting on her and I can still see her smiling. You'll make it, Dear Friend, because we're all sending strength and prayers your way. Sure hope you don't get the bride-to-be's cold germs and hope Mr. Daisy is keeping away from her, too! Spray her with Lysol!!! (That's a joke - I had a friend tell me her kids had colds and she felt like gargling with Lysol.)

We're looking forward to pictures of this lovely gown and the couple after the wedding!!
            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• Divine Daisy
              Missouri Star
              • May 2011

Guys i am ok, i didnt post to be miserable. My results are what they are. I have fought this for so many years that it is a way of life. please dont worry about me. My baby's wedding and Mr Daisy are what matter to me for now.........and meantime i apply crystals and sew............. all is good.
              Blog
              http://divinedaisydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• MRoy
                Missouri Star
                • Jul 2011

Miss Daisy, you are truly DIVINE! Sending virtual (((hugs))), good thoughts, and prayers to you and yours.
                *~* Myrna *~*
                *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

• stitching woman
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jun 2011

Miss Daisy, your friends can worry and pray for you as well as Mr Daisy! Here is hoping the wedding goes off without a hitch and no one else gets the cold.
                  Hugs.
                  Bernice :icon_wave:

Comment

• BellasQuilts
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jul 2011

Daisy, sad about your news, but glad to hear that your spirits are up and you're keeping the cold germs at bay! We are here with love and hugs, supporting your family through this wonderful occasion of your daughter's marriage. I'm so anxious to see pictures!
                    Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
                    Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

• KiltedQuilter
                      Missouri Star
                      • Sep 2011

Just think how PRETTY(not to mention sparkly) the finished veil will be!

Hope your daughter gets over her cold, tout de suite!
                      Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.-Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

• Monique
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jan 2011

Daisy I don't know what I can add to what has already been said. But I admire your strength. Hang a rosary on the clothesline the night before the wedding so it doesn't rain on her wedding day. I hope the cold doesn't get passed around.

Hugs to you.
                        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Working...
                        X