PDA

View Full Version : Meet Baby .George

easyquilts
June 26th, 2016, 04:31 AM
Yesterday, my nephew and his wife welcomed their third son... He was born by c-section at 32 weeks... His mom had lost a lot if fluid... He was 4lbs. 8pz., and just 16 inches long.. There were no complications... Carolina had been given lots of steroids for his lungs, as well as antibiotics..

We were all able to stay in touch via FB messenger ..... Carolina is from Columbis... Her parents will be here soon... The baby was named after his maternal grandfather...

One quilt is ready,l, I'm starting a second one today...

Bubby
June 26th, 2016, 05:09 AM
He's totally adorable....congratulations all around. I hope he does well and gets to come home soon.

PrettyCurious
June 26th, 2016, 05:11 AM
What a cutie! I hope he comes home soon!

Granny Fran
June 26th, 2016, 06:45 AM
Congratulations, Sandy. He is just precious. I know his Auntie will spoil him. So glad everyone is doing well.

peepers613
June 26th, 2016, 08:12 AM
What a sweet little baby! No worries, my grandtwins were preemies and never had any issues and are now 16. Congrats to all and God's Blessings!

Ginny B
June 26th, 2016, 08:12 AM
Precious little boy. Hope he gets to go home soon.

Monique
June 26th, 2016, 08:38 AM
Congratulations, he is beautiful.

MRoy
June 26th, 2016, 08:42 AM
Congratulations! He's precious.

easyquilts
June 26th, 2016, 08:44 AM
Thanks, everyone..,, so fat, there are no issues...he's perfect, in every way.... Thank goodness for modern medicine..

Just sixteen inches long.... So compact..... We thunk our new baby is adorable... Here he us, with his beautiful mother,,.

lovemyavy
June 26th, 2016, 08:52 AM
What a precious, little bundle! So glad everything is fine. His big brothers are gonna love him! :)

seaturtle
June 26th, 2016, 09:14 AM
He is precious, Sandy. So glad he's here and doing well. Congratulations all around and hope he can come home soon!

MomGram
June 26th, 2016, 09:19 AM
He is just adorable. Congratulations.

Snip Snip
June 26th, 2016, 09:20 AM
Newborns are always such a miracle, and the issues yours had makes it even that much more so. So glad he is OK. He looks so adorable.

Old Newbie
June 26th, 2016, 09:23 AM
He is beautiful, and you are right, so is his mother. Three boys! Congratulations, Sandy.

KarenC
June 26th, 2016, 09:38 AM
Congratulations. Glad to hear that everyone is doing well.

MayinJerset
June 26th, 2016, 10:18 AM
Welcome wee baby George, Your arrival was a bit earlier than expected but we're all so happy that you and your Mom are doing so well.

Lyndaj
June 26th, 2016, 10:27 AM
Such a sweetie.

rebeccas-sewing
June 26th, 2016, 12:45 PM
What a precious baby! I'm so glad all went well and this little one has safely arrived.

grandma nurse
June 26th, 2016, 02:02 PM
Such a sweet looking baby. Enjoy watching him grow.

Wwena
June 26th, 2016, 03:17 PM
Look at that little pea! He's such a cutie. Congrats!

bubba
June 26th, 2016, 03:18 PM
Our youngest grandboy was tiny like that.....he is now ten and very rambunctious! Remember the one duct taped to the garage? Yep, that's him!

When he was newborn and so little, he had to be fed every two hours. Because the sucking reflex is one of the last to develop, it took forever to get two ounces in him and by the time we had, it was time to eat again! He was in some ones arms almost 24 hours a day. I stayed with them for two weeks or so and it was quite a whirlwind!!

When you can, give that cutie a snuggle for me!!

cv quilter
June 26th, 2016, 03:32 PM
Sandy, he is beautiful! And so tiny. God is so wonderful and looks like he is perfectly happy with his mama. And she looks pretty happy with him! Thanks for sharing, Sandy. You have every right to be proud. Keep those quilts going :)

Midge
June 26th, 2016, 03:34 PM
How adorable! Glad to hear there are no apparent problems. Hopefully he will be able to eat and gain weight so he can go home very soon.

Grandma G
June 26th, 2016, 03:44 PM
What beautiful photos! Appears everything is going well. My younger son was born at 32 weeks, too. He weighed 4 lbs. 5oz and had a collapsed lung immediately after birth. He could not gain weight and lost 7oz within the first few days. He was healthy enough to leave the hospital 3 1/2 weeks later and was back to his birth weight when he came home. Fast forward 35 years and he is a strapping 6'1" 200lb wonderful human being. As Pat commented, getting these little preemies to eat is a constant work in progress. Wow, all this takes me back...

Let her know I will keep them all in my prayers. Thanks for sharing this with us and congratulations to all of you!!

easyquilts
June 26th, 2016, 05:02 PM
Thanks, everyone fir yiur sweet replays...

We were encouraged when we knew Grirge would come early, because my neice had her twins earlier than this... And they are now healthy four year olds..,

I suspect that this baby will be the last in this set of cousins..., so he will be spoiled a bit.... I can't wait to actually hold the little guy,. He is so compact.... He looks like a little elf... I thunk you can easily see his Columbisn heritage... So cute..

SallyO'Sews
June 26th, 2016, 09:05 PM
Oh, Sandy, he's beautiful! Congratulations all around.

laura44
June 26th, 2016, 11:13 PM
What a adorable little guy!

jjkaiser
June 26th, 2016, 11:45 PM
I am still shaking my head at length 16 inches long! Whew that is small. (But only being 5 feet tall myself, it isn't necessarily a bad thing!) Glad everything went wonderfully and congratulations to the entire family!

stationarymom
June 27th, 2016, 01:52 AM
I was going to say he looks perfect but you beat me to it sandy.Congratulations on the addition to the family!

auntiemern
June 27th, 2016, 02:20 AM
Such a precious gift. He is gorgeous.

Grandma Nan
June 27th, 2016, 09:32 AM
so so sweet. What a darling little boy.

easyquilts
June 27th, 2016, 11:10 AM
An interesting aside...... This was a semi emergency delivery.... Carolina had lost a lot of her amniotic fluid, so the docs were just going from day to day... The hospital had a level three nursery....just in case,,,

Well.... As soon as Ben let my sister know the c-section was on, my sister, my daughter, myself..and sometimes my son stayed on Messenger... It was like being in a virtual waiting room... I mean, really! It was kind if a sign of the times we live in..... Later, Messenger allowed us to see little George minutes after his birth...

Wow.... I feel so blessed to live in this age of instant communications......form anywhere.... I wonder what my Mom, who died in 2000 would think....

cv quilter
June 27th, 2016, 07:53 PM
Your Mom would be amazed, Sandy, as all of us are. I think your experience is the PERFECT example of the benefit of today's technology. What a wonderful story you are telling us. :) Thanks, Sandy.

easyquilts
June 28th, 2016, 12:18 AM
Your Mom would be amazed, Sandy, as all of us are. I think your experience is the PERFECT example of the benefit of today's technology. What a wonderful story you are telling us. :) Thanks, Sandy.

I just thought it was smacking.....

bubba
June 28th, 2016, 12:37 AM
Wow.... I feel so blessed to live in this age of instant communications......form anywhere.... I wonder what my Mom, who died in 2000 would think....

My mother in law would have been amazed!! She died five or six years ago, but never was on Facebook at all, and the last couple years of her life, she was very ill with ovarian cancer which she fought for nearly eight years. I can remember when Barack Obama became president. She was crying she was so happy, saying she never thought she would ever live to see that happen. She would be loving the election this year.....and I would probably have been avoiding her!

GaGa
June 28th, 2016, 01:13 AM
What an amazing blessing! He's adorable!

Blondie
June 29th, 2016, 07:24 AM
Sandy, he is absolutely adorable! Being a recent authority on adorable babies - much the same was the case with my own little grandson - low fluid, emergency C - and he is perfect. Your new little great nephew has so much hair! Hey, I kinda like that he is "great" - Blessings to you and the family. Hugs from me to you!

WendyI
June 29th, 2016, 12:50 PM
Gorgeous!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! XOX