PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, It's Satursay....

MayinJerset
June 25th, 2016, 10:38 AM
so get going and do something fun.

Angelia
June 25th, 2016, 10:42 AM
I love sock monkeys! Thanks, May. :)

Going to continue cutting for my mom's quilt--it's odd to use Christmas fabrics in June!

rebeccas-sewing
June 25th, 2016, 11:17 AM
Not sure how my day will be but I don't think it will include much fun. My friend who just had a double mastectomy is not doing well and may end up going back into surgery to stop a bleeding problem. I have a feeling I'll be spending another day in the hospital. When I got home I told Joe it was stressful spending so much time trying to help her get comfortable and watching how miserable she is knowing there's really nothing I can do for her to make it better.

peepers613
June 25th, 2016, 12:35 PM
I'm retired so every day is Saturday!

toggpine
June 25th, 2016, 12:53 PM
A bit more sewing this morning and then back to the hospital to visit Dad.

I am finding that having a hand sewing project is a great conversation starter in there. Everyone wants to know what I am working on. Then I explain about the Circle of Comfort quilts. (I figure it is a pretty appropriate project for the situation.) Funny how no one ever says it's a dumb idea.

Tomorrow we have a family friend coming over. It think the weather will be warm enough to bust out the chemicals and do some fabric dyeing. The guys at work just got a new batch of white work shirts. They are all jealous of Eric's tie-dyed ones. I also need to dye a few pieces of fabric for some projects.
Fun! Fun! Fun!

Lyndaj
June 25th, 2016, 01:13 PM
Started my day with my 5km run which went well even though it was already pretty hot at 8:00 a.m.

My excitement this weekend is I am attending a workshop on how to work with commercial sewing patterns tomorrow afternoon. After quilting for 13 years, I think it's time to venture into some other sewing.

Hope Monique is having a great long weekend.

Have a great weekend peeps.

Bubby
June 25th, 2016, 01:40 PM
Hi everyone....We got up early and made a quick trip to WalMart before it got too hot. The humidity today is staggering. I bought a few plastic project boxes at W/M for my ongoing task of organizing my sewing things. Jeff got new nose pads on his glasses and bought some guy stuff. The rest of our cart was filled with food. I noticed WM has signs on every milk refrigerator door that their new price on mile is $3.15 a gallon. This is down from nearly $5 a gallon.

So many of us seem to be dealing with sickness and loss. My prayers go out to you.

Wishing everyone a good weekend. Hugs.... Loving the sock monkey, May!

peggiep
June 25th, 2016, 02:45 PM
Hi Everyone...didn't get here very early this morning as we had to take the 3 granddaughters to soccer for 8 a.m. Then I decided that I wanted to pick up one of the Row by Row patterns so off we went there. Neither was part of the plan for the day, but, things happen and we're always happy to see the girls.

This evening we are having dinner with friends that we haven't seen for a while so that will be an enjoyable evening. Then tomorow we are doing NOTHING. No plans for anything. I may do some handsewing and a load or two of laundry, but that is it. We are doing NOTHING. Doesn't happen very often.

May - love your sock monkey. He's adorable.
Angela - it is never an odd time to use Christmas fabric. It always makes me feel festive, even in June...and besides Christmas is only 6 months away!
Rebecca - prayers for your friend.
Togpine - have fun with your fabric dyeing. Not something I have ever tried, but it sounds like a good time.
Lyndaj - Enjoy your workshop
Bubby - keep organizing...but remember where you put stuff. I reorganize all the time, but when I want something, I can't find it...but I am organized...lol

Prayers to all those in need. Try to do something today to make you smile.

Cheers
Peggiep

Monique
June 25th, 2016, 03:51 PM
Late getting here. Had dinner with friends last night and wore my BIG GIRL pants and met their new to them dog. They have had him for a while and I have been avoiding them for a while too. I survived!!

Today my friend Lynda and I went garage saleing. We found some great things but I think the greatest find for me what a carrying case with handle and wheels to carry a sewing machine. $10 Neither one of us bought a sewing machine or fabric (saw 2 machines and a little fabric but not worth it). I also bought two rotary dial telephones for $2 each, some nice tops for cheap as well. Just came back from a swim at a friend's cottage (who are not there). Ever see a beached whale? Thank God you weren't there to see it. Had a heck of a time getting out of the water. The new dock doesn't have the ladder yet.

Had a snack and now nappy time.