PDA

View Full Version : AS WE BOW OUR HEADS

Sandy Navas
December 7th, 2011, 11:33 AM
The seventh day of December, 1941, the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. Let us take a moment to remember our fallen soldiers from that day and all that have followed.

lucyviola
December 7th, 2011, 11:50 AM
...Amen...

cyndiofthevortex
December 7th, 2011, 12:01 PM
I say "amen" as well. Visiting the Pearl Harbor memorial a few years back was a moving and solemn experience. It is a day to pray and to remember.

Donnaleigh
December 7th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Remembering our fallen heros and their families today! Extra love going out to those Pearl Harbor veterans! Thank you all for your service!

KiltedQuilter
December 7th, 2011, 12:25 PM
I'm having a wee quiet moment to myself(phew, baby is asleep!) to think on this.
Thanks Sandy, as a Brit I would not have remembered!

Monique
December 7th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Thanks Sandy.

SuzyQue
December 7th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Thanks Sandy and I echo, "Amen". One of my most touching moments was laying leis at Pearl Harbor in memorium to both my father and my father-in-law.....both soldiers during WWII. We must never forget!

Beakkmom
December 7th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Thank you to all of our military and their families - past, present, and future generations.

sally
December 7th, 2011, 03:04 PM
I visited pearl harbor back in the 80's and it was a very moving experience. That day truly changed the world forever...

rebeccas-sewing
December 7th, 2011, 03:06 PM
I had the chance to visit there as well. I'm really glad I had the opportunity to spend some time there. Very moving. Thanks for the reminder, Sandy.

toggpine
December 7th, 2011, 05:10 PM
My grandfather flew for the Army. He rarely talks about it, but I am still proud of him.

I have not had the opportunity to visit the Pearl Harbor memorial, but we did visit the concentration camps when we went to Germany. I went in high school and Germany was still divided. The horror and sadness that still filled those places was something I will never forget. As horrible as the bombing was, I am glad the US decided to get involved and help put an end to the atrocities that were being rained down on innocent men, women and children.
It took many brave men and women to achieve that goal and the world will forever be in their debt.
May they rest in peace.

oldgurl4
December 7th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Amen ~Sandy~ Thank-You

I wonder if RUBY lives close by the base to be able to go to today's Pearl Harbor Ceremony.

Last night in "Nightline" they talked about the last 20+ soldiers still Alive from that day that were flown there for today's Ceremony and that probably this will be their last trip to the site and will not be able to attend next year's event cause the may be to fragile to fly.

How fortunate and unfortunate it must have been for them all these Years.

janluna
December 7th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Blessings on the remaining soldiers! God Bless them for their service in an awful period of our history. And God bless all the other service men and women that have served before and since then. Thank you Sandy. Hugs, Jan L.

Bubby
December 7th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the reminder, Sandy. I was in the city today and saw ever so many flags at half mast in remembrance....Barb

Nena
December 7th, 2011, 09:12 PM
a very sad day. The pictures on tv where very moving and upsetting. I hate war.

MRoy
December 7th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Amen! My dad was a WW II veteran who served in Europe. I always think of him and all the WW II soldiers on Dec 7.

stitching woman
December 7th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Thank you to all of all millitary on this day least we forget.

BellasQuilts
December 8th, 2011, 12:52 AM
Amen! Bless all our military during this holiday season and keep them safe!