PDA

View Full Version : Friday is here!

Ginny B
June 24th, 2016, 08:05 AM
Good morning all. A beautiful Friday morning here. A little cool but it promises to be a great summer day. Dh and I will grab a couple of sandwiches and head down to the beach this evening after work and relax for a bit. Tomorrow I am headed into Brooklyn for the next project on the house and then Sunday is possibly another day for some beachtime. I have been getting a bit of sewing in each evening this week. I've got a few different small projects in progress along with two quilts. What I don't have is anything that I can take with me and work on while relaxing at the beach or out in our yard when we head out there. I've got to think of something I can work on during those times.

Have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend everyone.

Bubby
June 24th, 2016, 08:24 AM
Morning Ginny and Everyone to come. We had storms last night with some rain and very loud thunder that kept us awake for a few hours. Not sure what today will bring.

It will mostly be a housework day for me but I hope to catch up on a few things I've been putting off.

The blocks on the little Flutterby quilt I'm making are coming along. Lots of corners to snowball.

Wishing everyone a great Friday and safe weekend.

quiltingtrish
June 24th, 2016, 08:48 AM
Good morning everyone.
I would love to go to the beach for a day but it's about 4 hours from here and I would have to spend at least one night there. How I love the sound and smell of the ocean!
We had heavy downpours late afternoon yesterday - between that and coming home the other evening from Dad's hearing water gushing in the garden to find out that DH forgot to turn off the hose, our garden is probably a bit waterlogged. DH said he had gone to bed 3 hours earlier and said he keeps forgetting to turn off the hose. So I told him when the well pump burns out and we have to replace it, the cost of that will remind him! He could have turned off the nozzle at least. UGH!

Katie did go through her things in the basement yesterday. Wow - had lots more stuff than we thought. We ended up with 2 boxes of books to go through later, a bag of clothes for selling, a huge box of papers to burn, a box of stuff for Dad to look through, 2 1/2 of boxes for selling, and a bag of trash. She did good! I also went through the linens and have weeded out 3/4 of it all. The empty bedroom we are putting the stuff for selling is filling up and I am not sure how I will get it all to the sale site as it is about 1 1/2 hours away from here. I think son #2 is coming for a visit tomorrow - where the yard sale will be - and think I will give him car load #1 to take along with him. He will be here at least 2 times before the sale so maybe I can fit it all in that way. I'd like to just put a notice in the paper and put one price tag on it all and have someone come pick it all up but I don't think that will happen. I do know that whatever is left over will go right to The Salvation Army and not come back in.

I am quilting today! I have a small wall hanging to finish up and then move on to the next project.

Have a great day everyone and if anyone needs me I will be down in The Cotton Patch.

MayinJerset
June 24th, 2016, 08:52 AM
Good Morning. Like Ginny we're enjoying a cool sunny summer day, just the kind I like especially since there doesn't seem to be any humidity. Oh how I hate hot humid days - even with AC they are so draining.

My sisters are coming over on Sunday to help me de stash my sewing, quilting and crafting stuff - just too much that I never use cluttering up my sewing room and closet. One thing I will dispose of quickly are all the paper block and quilt instructions from years ago - used to use them for inspiration but I find more than enough inspiration right here from forum members and Jenny's tutorials. Wish me luck getting through everything, sometimes coming across an old UFO or leftovers makes me stop and try to devise a way to use them but not this time she says while crossing her fingers.

Good Luck with your yard sale Trish, hope it all goes! Good Day everyone,

Lyndaj
June 24th, 2016, 09:00 AM
Another sunny morning here. Really wish it would rain. I think it's been about 2 weeks now.

At any rate, DH is off to karate camp (he's an instructor) for the weekend, so it's me and my dog Java. This is my first time alone without both dogs (Bo left us in November), so it's gonna be a little weird. Bo won't be pining for daddy this time.

I buggered up a sweetpea pod yesterday, so I will try again today.

Off to the gym I go. I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful weekend.

Monique
June 24th, 2016, 09:09 AM
Good morning, I slept in this morning. Hubby is getting ready to go for the weekend. Today is a holiday here in Quebec. My finger is still a little sore this morning but better. It is the finger that you give the 'finger' with, lol!! It was a little tricky quilting with it yesterday since I couldn't use a thimble. And so, I have three days all to myself, what shall I do? I know, anything I want.

May how I would love to come help you sort.

Have a wonderful day and weekend everyone.

peggiep
June 24th, 2016, 09:18 AM

Morning everyone!

It is another beautiful morning, but the forecast says it is going to get very hot by this afternoon. I wish I could get to the beach, but that is not in the cards today.

Have you ever had one of those days when you know that something is in your home, but you can't find it? I know we brought a photo album home from DH's parent's when they sold their home several years ago. I have to find it because the family would like some of the pictures in it for the memorial service for D-FIL on Monday. But, I can't find the album. I have searched all the logical places this morning, and now I have to start poking into boxes and closets in the basement ... not a fun task. Where oh where can it be? I know I will find it but, at the moment, I am getting frustrated because I can see the album in my mind's eye, but I can't figure out where it is.

In the meantime, once I find the album, I am going to finish the hand quilting my mini version of Jenny's latest tutorial (Starburst). It was so easy to make will look good on the coffee table.

Have a wonderful day and weekend. Prayers and hugs to those in need.

Wish me luck on the quest for the missing photo album.

Cheers :)

MayinJerset
June 24th, 2016, 09:19 AM
Monique since you have the weekend free you could just fly down, you could go home with some quilting goodies. Ah, if we could go and visit our forum friends that easily. Thanks anyway but I think I can manage with just my 2 sisters, one is a quilter and she can pick whatever she likes and also gather stuff to donate to her guild.

Navy Wife
June 24th, 2016, 09:22 AM
We got some rain, finally. It came about 1 AM, and with thunder and lightning. Poor Ellie spent the night under something! That cat is scared to death of storms. I guess it's from her time as a stray. Back to cleaning out the bonus room today. I think I can finish it today, if my energy doesn't give out!

URIBARRI-MAYOR
June 24th, 2016, 09:37 AM
Happy Friday everyone, this week I have not been much in the forum because tomorrow I leave for a little vacation and you have to leave everything as best as possible besides my cat, a songbird and a bunch of flowers is so you will have to come my daughter every day to my home to care for those left behind, so I have been a little busi. Ginny I also thought about carry something to do on this holiday so as I have a quilt with hexis means do I have to carry advance a little, sure thar eventually will not hold much because I want to see so many things but IŽll have some time to sew something. Well I hope you all spend a weekend fun and happy and having a good time, sending smiles meantimes, for those need prayers and greetings

Cathy F
June 24th, 2016, 09:56 AM
Morning all,
Beautiful day here, sun is shining and birds are singing. Not much on my schedule today which is nice.
Yesterday we took our grandson out to lunch for his birthday. Took him to our favorite restaraunt on the water. Sat and watched the boats come and go down the channel, very relaxing, and the bread pudding for dessert was to die for!
Well one more class to go and I'm fullyretired. I retired 18 years ago from my job and then turned my hobby into a business which I closed last year but I was still teaching cake decorating classes part time. Next Thursday is my final group of students finishing up. Now it can just be a hobby for the grandkids and their cakes again and hopefully more time in my sewing room.
Off to get some coffee and then some housework is calling to me. Wishing everyone a good day!

Angelia
June 24th, 2016, 10:46 AM
Happy Friday everyone, this week I have not been much in the forum because tomorrow I leave for a little vacation and you have to leave everything as best as possible besides my cat, a songbird and a bunch of flowers is so you will have to come my daughter every day to my home to care for those left behind, so I have been a little busi. Ginny I also thought about carry something to do on this holiday so as I have a quilt with hexis means do I have to carry advance a little, sure thar eventually will not hold much because I want to see so many things but IŽll have some time to sew something. Well I hope you all spend a weekend fun and happy and having a good time, sending smiles meantimes, for those need prayers and greetings

Have a wonderful vacation!

Yay--we got some rain! I grew up and lived most of my life on a farm, so any rain in the summer is welcome.

My husband sets the oven timer to remind him to turn off the house--your DH might try that, Trish.

I think I'll do some organizing today. Bits and pieces of my recently completed projects abound!

WendyI
June 24th, 2016, 11:19 AM
Morning everyone. Ahhh summer and vacations gallore. Mine is coming end of July and I'm a bit stressed. I just have WAY too many pets. Talk about tying a person down. ugh.

Liam graduated last night...will post pics in a bit...from preschool (grade 8) and next year is off to high school. It was really tough to be sitting there by myself, knowing his dad was in the room somewhere. I only saw him for a few seconds at the end thankfully...but it was still painful. Two people sat behind me who were my old neighbours...so they didn't know that he left me, and I had to go through explaining it, which then led to the tears and feeling sorry for myself being there alone. I managed to calm down and enjoy the rest of the ceremony and even met a new friend possibly. So not all sadness. I was disappointed that he didn't want to stay for the dance but he IS a boy.

Anyway, off to get some work done. Have an awesome weekend everyone! Sending love and hugs to those in need! xoxox

SewnByBee
June 24th, 2016, 02:16 PM
Jeni, ...enjoy the beach time....
ENVIOUS ...♡....Beach Bum.

Seriously, I'm in need of some beach therapy..... but...it's 6 he. at best......There's nothing better. Sometimes I consider.... just packing up and taking my , ackie - bones, down to Fl. and stay there....lol.....If I knew it would make this better,...... I would be moving..... lol.....

We went a few year's ago and stayed for two week's, I felt so much better. It was amazing, the difference it made. I think the dryer air, and all helped. I love the tropical flowers, the sand, the sun but my favorite is the sunset's. BEAUTIFUL.
I could see myself, living on the beach, in a little beach house. Happily ever after.....siiyyyy.

Now back to reality..... uhggg.

How you all have a great weekend,
be safe and God Bless.......

quiltingtrish
June 24th, 2016, 03:21 PM
Angelia - gave DH that idea and he said that might work. Thanks for the suggestion.
Bee - I'm with you on that beach house. I always said if I ever won the big one, I would buy a camp on a lake in Maine for the winter months and a beach house somewhere in the summer. I don't need much - just would love that solitude.