PDA

View Full Version : Queasy Night Owl

toggpine
June 24th, 2016, 01:35 AM
I spent the day at home. I started feeling icky about noon.
I didn't eat much yesterday and then wolfed some fried chicken for dinner while doing chores. Maybe that was it.
I also just thought that I had taken Zantac for the last two days and didn't today.
I'm off to take one now!

Dad is riding an emotional rollercoaster. It's so not like him. He doesn't want to be alone at all. I think he's gone over the line with worry. He's going to do us all in with exhaustion. We are still waiting to see what the doctors are going to decide on the pacemaker. My guess is he will go home with one, eventually.

It was good to be home and recharge. I even got some work done in the sewing room. Quite appropriate work too.

How are things in your neck of the woods?

shawnan
June 24th, 2016, 01:56 AM
You don't need to make yourself sick with all the worry, so just stop it. :D

Please know that several people here, including myself, are saying prayers for you and your parents.

Nancy

stationarymom
June 24th, 2016, 01:57 AM
Cathy I'm sorry to hear about your Dad.When my Mom was in the hosp and had lots of meds she would hallucinate and was afraid to be alone also.You need to remember to take care of yourself because nobody else will righ now.I hope your stomach feels better soon,the last thing you need is to be sick.I'm glad you were able to get some sewing in I hope that that made you feel a little better.Like usual there isn't much up here.We have to get some work done in the yard and I need to clean the house from top to bottom brfore my Dad comes up .My Dad is coming up 7/7 and staying for a month.My mind is focused on that right now.I hope all the Owls have a good night.

kimsophia
June 24th, 2016, 02:03 AM
Not a lot going on here...I am needing to pick out a lot of stitching that is horribly off-center on the sampler. I'm not sure how that happened as I sewed a center line and think I followed the graph pattern correctly...oh well. Just watching news updates on the Brexit tonight. I think I'll go lie down for a while...feel better soon, toggpine!

Neller
June 24th, 2016, 02:30 AM
Cathy, I'm sorry you are going through all of this with your Dad. It has to be exhausting. Be sure and carve some time for yourself to recharge.

I did a little sewing today, as well. I put the final borders on the Plus Sign quilt and cut the fabric for the binding. Now I need to find a quilter. I want to try my hand at quilting on my home machine, but I looked at a walking foot the other day and it was $158.00! That's pretty spendy, but I guess I pay some one that much or more to do long-arm quilting.

I hope you all are doing well, and Cathy, feel better soon!

Judy, USMC
June 24th, 2016, 02:31 AM
I wish you feel better too, Cathy. I agree that the drugs are probably exacerbating his anxiety. My husband went through the same thing after his bypass surgery. A couple of times I snuck out when he was asleep to grab a bite. If he was awake when I got back he was almost in tears. It started going away when he got more familiar with the nursing staff - and went completely away once he got home.

Kim - sorry to hear you have to re-do the stitching. I'm sorting and packing and planning the route to Chicago while consulting the Row by Row map. Leaving Sunday and, unfortunately, not many are open. Looks like I'll hit them on the return trip.

Y'all stay cool - it's stinking hot & high humidity here in NC.

Neller
June 24th, 2016, 02:43 AM
[QUOTE=Judy, USMC;886291? I'm sorting and packing and planning the route to Chicago while consulting the Row by Row map. Leaving Sunday and, unfortunately, not many are open. Looks like I'll hit them on the return trip.

Y'all stay cool - it's stinking hot & high humidity here in NC.[/QUOTE]

Judy, if you go to Second City Quilting (or Fabrics, can't remember which) in Chicago, on Irving Park Rd, they are participating in Row by Row. I was there on my trip recently but couldn't get the kit because it wasn't time yet. I would gladly pay you to get one for me. If you are willing, I'll PM you and we can exchange addresses. I was disappointed that I couldn't get any kits while on my trip. If you don't want to, it's ok. Have a safe trip!

toggpine
June 24th, 2016, 04:06 AM
Thank you all so much for your kindness and support. I don't often know what to say to people in these situations, and now I find myself there. Just knowing you are here to bounce things off of helps a lot!
The acid reflux meds seem to have done the trick! I feel so much better even now. Guess I'll be picking up some more of those at Costco.
I'm pretty sure some of it is the meds with Dad. I am also afraid he may have had a mild stroke or something when he crashed that first night in the ER. I'll mention it to his Dr.

Kim, I'm sorry you are having to frog your cross stitch. That is so frustrating. Especially when you make a conscious effort to center everything. I hope you figure out what went sideways.

Joan, house cleaning can take it out of you too. A month huh? That seems like a long time. Is he a good house guest? Some family is and others, well, not so much. Don't over do it yourself, and have a plan for some personal time while Dad is there visiting.

Nancy $160 for a walking foot? Yikes! What machine do you have? Have you tried to find one online? If it comes with a stitch regulator, that might explain the price. Then again, I bought mine 10+ years ago. Good luck on finding one at a better price!

Judy, safe travels! Sorry about the icky sticky weather. No fun there. Another reason we live here. It's not like that in Western Washington very often. I hope you get to hit all of the shops on your return trip. Let me know if you want the one from our LQS, Harbor Quilt Garden. It is a row of bird houses. Pretty cute even as a table runner.

My sewing project today was pretty simple. I chose some fabrics from the stash of one of our fellow Library Ladies who passed away this winter. Pretty blues and yellows from the Fairy Frost line. I think she was doing some sort of modified Trip Around the World with it. Thankfully she cut her squares larger than 5". Not even or even square, but between 5 1/8 and 5.5". Over the last few weeks I un sewed all of the blocks, and pressed them. Today I trimmed them down to 5" squares and reconstructed some into 4-patches. Then I found my 8" circle template and trimmed out 12 circles. I now have the beginnings of a Circle of Comfort quilt.
I also have the squares with a hole. I am thinking about using those with a solid center and flower template for another one. Hand work for the sitting and waiting at the hospital. I was needing a new take-a-long project. Now to get the prep done, so it can go!

It is midnight, and that is my self-imposed curfew for now. You all are correct. I mustn't let myself get run down, or I'm not helping anybody. The Zantac or the bowl of ice cream really helped my stomach though. Thanks for helping me think of it!
Hugs, Cathy

bubba
June 24th, 2016, 04:23 AM
Cathy, after dealing with Roger's mom and her cancer for so many years, that is one thing we learned....take care of yourself!!

I agree about the meds. She was up on the 11th floor on one of her many hospital stays and it was my turn to sit with her. She kept trying to get out of bed and it was all I could do to keep her in it. She swore there was someone knocking on the window. I went to the window and looked and mumbled something she could not really hear nor understand. My ruse worked when I told her the person was at the wrong window, they wanted the man in the next room. She relaxed and fell right asleep!

pcbatiks
June 24th, 2016, 07:17 AM
Cathy, I've been thinking about you. Sending my prayers for your dad and for you. Glad you have this place to talk about your concerns and worries. Hugs to you.

MayinJerset
June 24th, 2016, 07:28 AM
Cathy, Glad you're feeling better and had some time to play with the new fabrics which seemed to calm you down. Stay strong girlfriend as you help everyone weather this storm.132350

quiltingtrish
June 24th, 2016, 07:42 AM
Still praying for your Dad, Cathy. I am glad you are feeling better too.
I went through that part with my Mom when she was in rehab - turned out to be the drugs. That IS awful, isn't it? I hope that goes away for him soon.

WendyI
June 24th, 2016, 11:53 AM
Having been the primary caregiver for my mom pretty much since the age of 12 and on into my 40's, I know how much you have to take care of yourself. I'm sorry your dad is unwell.

Monique
June 24th, 2016, 01:09 PM
Thinking of you and yes TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!!!

auntiemern
June 24th, 2016, 01:54 PM
First and foremost, take care of yourself. You won't be any good to anyone if you make yourself sick. I know how hard it is to be at the hospital around the clock, for days on end. The meds are probably to blame for some of his current issues. Keeping you and your dad in my prayers. ((((Cathy))))