PDA

View Full Version : Project Tutorial Request

hoosiermama
December 6th, 2011, 09:16 PM
It's Christmas season as we all well know. I have watched the Christmas project tutorials a million times and can't wait to make some. But what I really want to make doesn't have a tutorial video..yet. Wouldn't it be great to have a tutorial on a beautiful Christmas tree skirt? I'd really love to learn how to make a big round skirt for my tree. I have no idea how to make a circle quilt. There must be a formula for that, right? It could be a series of tuts for a basic skirt right up to a fancy scalloped edge skirt, or maybe patchwork vs applique?

I think if I start on one now I should be able to get it done right about NEXT Christmas! LOL

DCM
December 6th, 2011, 09:47 PM
I recently made two 42" round table toppers -- one called Snowmen All Around and the other called Trees All Around -- they are both beautiful -- I haven't finished the binding yet -- will post pictures when I do finish the binding. The patterns are at the following website: quiltedgarden.com (pictures of each on the website, too) and have great instructions with the pattern -- the quilting is done as you complete the applique. I was pressed for time so I didn't scallop the edges -- I kept the topper round. They can be cut with a slit up one side and the center cut out with binding and ties so it becomes a tree skirt. If used around an artificial tree you wouldn't even have to cut the slit -- you could just cut out the middle and put over the tree base before building your tree. The Trees All Around was also featured in the Keepsake Quilting catalog. Great way to practice applique, too.

janluna
December 7th, 2011, 02:48 AM
Why not do a very large Dresden plate. They have a template called the jumbo dresden. My friend Dawn got one, I have to find out from where. The thing makes a huge dresden. She did a table cloth with one for a friend that had a round table. It was superb. I can imagine you could make a circle and not attach the last dresden to the first. Dawn said it went really fast and was fun to do the table cloth and the wall hanging she did. Just a thought. Hugs, Jan L.

Genny
December 7th, 2011, 02:50 AM
Why not do a very large Dresden plate. They have a template called the jumbo dresden. My friend Dawn got one, I have to find out from where. The thing makes a huge dresden. She did a table cloth with one for a friend that had a round table. It was superb. I can imagine you could make a circle and not attach the last dresden to the first. Dawn said it went really fast and was fun to do the table cloth and the wall hanging she did. Just a thought. Hugs, Jan L.

Wow...I am loving this idea! I think I'm going to have to give it a try! Thanks

mimi9411
December 7th, 2011, 09:06 AM
I purschased the templates for the jumbo

I purschased the templates for the jumbo dresden from Nancy Zieman just finished making a tablecloth with it for my mom for Christmas. Very easy to use. Nancy also has a video (christmas Dresden wallhanging) showing how to use the template.Just google it.

pdjewelrylady1
December 7th, 2011, 04:37 PM
:D:D:D:icon_razz::o:icon_rolleyes::(:lol:;):0:icon _cool::icon_heh::icon_happy::):icon_wave:

Nena
December 7th, 2011, 09:32 PM
I have the large dresdan plate and I did get it from Nancy Notions. She has a video on her site on how to use it. I love it. I have made a few projects with it. It is very easy and simple. You will love it also. Good luck!!

Sandy Navas
December 8th, 2011, 12:19 PM
:D:D:D:icon_razz::o:icon_rolleyes::(:lol:;):0:icon _cool::icon_heh::icon_happy::):icon_wave:

What are you up to? Looks like you are dipping into the silly pills.

K. McEuen
December 9th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Ask and ye shall receive.

MSQC just posted a new tutorial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XcxHQc1lyc&feature=uploademail