PDA

View Full Version : LIKE this!

K. McEuen
June 20th, 2016, 02:32 PM
For the people that have been missing the like button, here is the latest update. I emailed Alan a few days ago, asking him about it. I knew it went away when he had done something to the forum, but I wasn't sure what. He had mentioned in passing doing something in a comment he made here while on vacation, but wasn't specific.

So, now that he is back from vacation, he has to catch up on business and other things, but this is his reply to me early this morning. "Flying to philadelphia in a few hours, then deleware, then slc, then mineapolis, then kansas city again by thursday. Tell them I'll fix it but we had an errant plugin that was a security risk (which included the like button as a feature) so I disabled till I could resecure". So, because that plugin was a security threat is was disabled until the issue could be addressed. From his travel schedule I wouldn't expect it to happen this week, but you never can tell because he doesn't seem to sleep very much.

Please be patient and remember that M* gives up this forum platform free of charge.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 20th, 2016, 02:37 PM
Amen to that question! Better secure than not! Is it just me, or is there a small like/thanks thingy in our member information box? I can see it in mine and it does work.

K. McEuen
June 20th, 2016, 02:44 PM
Amen to that question! Better secure than not! Is it just me, or is there a small like/thanks thingy in our member information box? I can see it in mine and it does work.

That is the Thanks/Like counter. Click the little box next to it and it opens up to show how many Thanks you have given and received. Not sure why it has likes next to it, maybe when the plugin is active it shows those totals as well.

SuzyQue
June 20th, 2016, 02:46 PM
I knew Allen would know, but whew his schedule wears me out just thinking about it! We can be patient, but we do miss it!

Hulamoon
June 20th, 2016, 03:00 PM
Like :icon_tup:

pcbatiks
June 20th, 2016, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the update.

Judy, USMC
June 20th, 2016, 04:26 PM
This news is going to make a lot of people happy ... Thanks to Al and thanks to Karen for keeping us updated ! Safe travels, Al.

Monique
June 20th, 2016, 05:15 PM
Thanks Karen, I LIKE this.

SallyO'Sews
June 20th, 2016, 08:42 PM
Thanks so much, Karen! I do REALLY appreciate all Al does "behind the scenes" for all of us in providing this wonderful forum that has allowed me to learn so much and make wonderful quilty friends. So thankful he was on top of things regarding security, as I learned last week that my personal email had been hacked.

Praying for safe travels home for Al and whoever he's with .... and ready to hit that "LIKE" button whenever it comes back on! :D

KarenC
June 20th, 2016, 09:37 PM
I prefer security over like buttons. Thanks Karen for passing on the info.

grammaterry
June 20th, 2016, 10:25 PM
Security is good. Likes are good. I've been using the post thanks/like button as an alternative. As far as M giving us a free platform, we are all grateful. However, I'm sure its good for M as well. Everytime we come here they register a hit and that can't be bad for business. But, all the same, I'm glad they do it.

stationarymom
June 21st, 2016, 01:25 AM
Thanks for the update.

Suzette
June 21st, 2016, 08:44 AM
Glad to get the update. I was pleased (though not surprised, this is a great community!) that while we all missed the "like" button, everyone was curious but not nasty about it. As always, communication is key. So thanks for communicating to us that it went away for security reasons (yay Al for watching out for us!!) and will soon be back when Al gets back to sort it all out. :icon_bigsmile:

rebeccas-sewing
June 21st, 2016, 12:43 PM
Thanks for checking it out for us, Karen. I rarely use the "like" button since I prefer to comment, but it sure is convenient for a quick show of approval.

WendyI
June 21st, 2016, 02:59 PM
If only I'd scrolled eh?? lol

mommamarsh
June 21st, 2016, 04:20 PM
Thank you so much !

peggiep
June 22nd, 2016, 07:46 AM
Thank you Karen for setting the record straight. I much prefer security to the like button, but will be glad when it comes back.