PDA

View Full Version : May I come in?

Blondie
June 20th, 2016, 08:44 AM

Hello folksies -

I am peeking in here for a very quick moment.

I am still so new to this grandmotherly type of business. As many of you know, my first grand, Nora, lives in NY State and I only see her through photos and very short phone videos. We skype now and then, but sadly, I do not know her and she really doesn't know me either. My other grand is now in Florida. I didn't have him as “mine” as a newborn, however I got to enjoy so many of his firsts. I skype most every day with my DD, Sarah. I still can't speak of her without wanting to cry because just seeing her face on the screen isn't the same as breathing the same air she does. I know you must think me a wuss, but I don't even get on FB often for that reason. Honestly friends, I haven't turned the computer on very often at all!!

Elijah is a whole new little critter for me. His Mom, Billie – she is a very sweet and accommodating kind of gal. She indulges me time with Eli and herself. Being a Mom is for obvious reasons still very new to her. Eli just enjoys the heckfire shoot out of himself with the two of us. I We gee haw pretty well which we are both so very pleased about. We are both crazy about Josh and Eli. That is good common ground. Middle Son Josh, the Daddy, was given a promotion at work and is now working more hours. Blessings come in various forms of favor - it's a mixed blessing for them to be certain. A few more pennies on his paycheck, more responsibility at work and of course, less time at home. Until Billie is back on her meds for MS, she really does need someone to help her pretty much round the clock. She can't always feel her legs or hands and is afraid to drop the baby. Some days that is all fine and suddenly her vision is blurry. it is difficult for her at this point to be very mobile. Good thoughts and prayers are always welcome. She sees her neurologist the end of this week. Hopefully she will get the beast under control soon enough. Until then, this gal here is happy to stay busy across the road. My clients are all quite enchanted as well. Babies do have a way of making the world seem brighter, newer and you know - hopeful.

This week I intend on getting the nursery painted. The house is a very small house with very small rooms. Since it's been a bachelor pad with a boy//man/child toy collector living in it for a few years, one can only imagine the tubs of toys that need to be stored – in my basement naturally! Eli's room was The Toy Room. Now it has become the nursery.

I haven't seemed to find enough time in any given day to complete any particular project at my home in quite a while. I am not going to complain. This has been such a roller coaster of a year for me emotionally that I am happy to be able to get out of my own little blonde head and kiss that precious little baby's head, change his nappies, bathe him, sing to him – oh! Eli doesn't know I can't carry a tune. That is a real special kind of love for me. I sing to him all the time and he just smiles and smiles. Wait. Perhaps he does realize my lack of talent and is just grinning because he hasn't learned yet how to giggle behind my back? I prefer to think that he simply loves arms around him and long, deep gazing into eyes that adore every inch of him, regardless of the songs I sing off key.

Be patients, dear ones. I am on a new learning curve here. If I am not running around with and for others, I am wanting to sleep. Blessings to all and in case you can't see it, I am smiling quite often.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 20th, 2016, 08:49 AM
What a beautiful life you are living now, enjoying that little bundle and kissing his sweet head! I'm sure you are a Godsend to the momma and dad, and you will have a bond with little Eli forever!

Thanks for sharing with us! I can almost smell that sweet baby smell as I read your words!

shermur
June 20th, 2016, 08:53 AM
Morning, sweet Blondie!

I get what you mean on the grandbabies....I miss ours so much; 5 grandsons total, no grand-daughters...yet!
I got to see Connor last weekend; it had been Mother's Day when I saw him last. Then, 3 grandsons popped in with DSD and hubby last Monday and left the next day. Then, the youngest grandson will celebrate his first birthday next Saturday in Austin, TX. We won't be able to make it. Since all of our grandsons are in Vermont, Missouri and Texas...it does make it hard to see them and bond.

songbird857
June 20th, 2016, 08:56 AM
Miss you Blondie :)
You are living life to the fullest at the moment - a good thing! I'm glad that your DIL has you to be there for her and that precious baby. Hugs...

MayinJerset
June 20th, 2016, 09:04 AM
Yes, You may come in as we've been missing you these past weeks while you've been so busy being a full time grandma. Lucky little Eli being serenaded by you and being ready for hugs and smooches all day long. Coffee's on so we hope you have a few minutes to visit. 132199

Blondie
June 20th, 2016, 09:10 AM
Yes, You may come in as we've been missing you these past weeks while you've been so busy being a full time grandma. Lucky little Eli being serenaded by you and being ready for hugs and smooches all day long. Coffee's on so we hope you have a few minutes to visit. 132199

Oh May! I have really missed you and all the other dear ones here. I will eventually figure out hold to catch time and make it stand still for a few minutes. love you, sweetie.

Bubby
June 20th, 2016, 09:30 AM
Hi Blondie, I'm so happy you are immersed in baby love right now. It sounds like Billie really needs your help. Pop in when you can....enjoy being a new Grandma and enjoy life. Hugs.....

quiltingtrish
June 20th, 2016, 09:40 AM
You just keep smooching on those little baby cheeks, toes, and hands and we will take you back anytime. Time moves too fast for all of us and we can never get it back. I have no grandbabies and might have to adopt one at some point.

Katie came home last night. Going to start over and go from here. We have the dog back and love her to death, I suppose she is my grandbaby.

While Katie is home and before she starts a job, I am going to make her go through her stuff that is taking up boxes and boxes. With a yard sale coming up in the next month - most of it is probably going to go.

Spent yesterday with my Dad - how wonderful I get another year to do so with him. His van got all spiffied up, I was afraid it would fall apart after I took all the dirt off and cleaned the windows. Of course we worked in the garden and I think 90% of what he has is now planted.

Well, off for another beautiful day. I hope it's wonderful for you all too.

Snip Snip
June 20th, 2016, 09:45 AM
I know our adult children move away for economic reasons, but I don't believe they realize what a disservice they are doing to us and the grand babies, when they are so far away.
I am really enjoying the time I get to spend with our 15 month old grandson. He is so busy and cheerful, and as you say, Blondie, he doesn't mind if I sing off-key.

Angelia
June 20th, 2016, 09:49 AM
Good morning, Blondie. It is so good to hear from you--enjoy your baby time; it never lasts long enough!

easyquilts
June 20th, 2016, 10:22 AM
Oh, my... You are certainly not a wuzz... I don't know what I would do if I were separated from any if my five grandboy... They have always lived very close to me... I know how lucky I am...

Loved reading about the joy you are finding in helping to care for baby Eli.... There really isn't anything better than being a grandmother.... It's a whole other kind of love.... A whole new level...

Keep on kidding that sweet head, and singing..... Let me tell you... They grow up way too fast....

God Bless!

MRoy
June 20th, 2016, 10:41 AM
Enjoy that precious baby time with Eli. They don't stay babies long enough, do they? My grands are 15 and 12 (almost 16 & 13) now.

URIBARRI-MAYOR
June 20th, 2016, 11:09 AM
Welcome again to the forum, although his new grandchild is so wonderful that surprise us a bit less than we do to you, but it makes good children grow so fast that we must seize every second that they, can to be with them, we will be here waiting for you. I wish you a fun and loving days

EnumclawGramma
June 20th, 2016, 11:54 AM
Blondie!!!! Aw. Grand babes are thr bestest! I totally understand your preoccupation with the wee one. My Kaya is nearly 16 and I would still set aside everything for time with her. All the others as well, but she and I have a special bond because we also got LOTS of quality time right from the beginning. You'll be blessed beyond measure in years to come ��
I also get the DD THING, It will get better, I promise.
Love you sweet friend ❤️ Thanks for poppin' in and making everyone's day!

JCY
June 20th, 2016, 12:00 PM
Blondie, you're so fortunate to have time with grand kids. Enjoy the journey. Mine all live miles away. I had the privilege of being with only one when she was newborn. I was lucky if I got to see the others once every year or two. Just the way life is now with families so separated by their jobs, etc. We definitely have missed you here, but we understand. Pop in when you can drag yourself away from the baby. God bless!

sewbizzy
June 20th, 2016, 12:37 PM
Blondie, I know I for one miss you...but completely understand...grandbabies are our gift from God...so happy you are enjoying life...we wait to hear from you whenever you have time...

cv quilter
June 20th, 2016, 12:45 PM
Morning, Blondie and all ! Love your post, Blondie, and I reminisce about my days as a Grandma to our little ones, especially when they were tiny babies and I could hold them and cuddle them. They are too big for that now and busy with their lives. Not a lot of time for Grandmas and Grandpas. But I have the memories of their tiny little bodies, their smell (yummy) and the feeling of trust they showed in their beautiful eyes. It's a wonderful thing!
Hoping you all have a fantastic week and are safe and happy in whatever you do and wherever you go. We're off to CO for a week with our travel trailer and our little dog. Taking the computer but don't expect to have much ability to use it and access anything. So I'll be out of the loop and off the forum for a while. Will have to catch up when I get home.
Enjoy and be happy.

GrammaBabs
June 20th, 2016, 01:18 PM
We all turn corner and travel "life's roads" ... As my son says... I'm where i'm supposed to be "RIGHT NOW"... that is God's plan for us:))
Hugs to all....
ps.. he is here for a visit this week!!! I get to "Mumsie" him for a bit...:)) GB

geegeequilts
June 20th, 2016, 02:29 PM
Blondie & all the Grandmas here

I know envy is one of the 7 big sins but can't help being more than a little envious of y'all being grandmas. I have 2 children, son 42 & daughter 38. Daughter is married but has a stepson. Doesn't want any more & son is single but doesn't like small children much. But, do have 4 grandkitties & 3 granddogs. Still not the same.

So give your grankiddies a huge kiss & hug from "auntie" Gina. Sigh....

Gina

Claire Hallman
June 20th, 2016, 04:21 PM
Lucky to have the baby close by, grands are just that, really grand. Hope your DIL gets her MS under control soon for everyone's sake.

Carol336
June 20th, 2016, 05:54 PM
Of course....come right in and sit a spell....we've all missed you so much. What a blessing you are to your DIL and little Eli...grand kids are just the bestest thing in the world aren't they. I'll certainly be sending up some prayers for your darling DIL. Please come back soon and keep us up to date on your exciting life. Oh and give that sweet lil one a kiss on the head for me please.

Sylvia H
June 20th, 2016, 05:55 PM
I am very happy for you that you have this time with your grandson. Spending time with the grands is so precious. And it is wonderful that you are able to help your son and DIL at this time that your help is so needed. My grandson will be 18 next week, and he just graduated from high school. I was thrilled to pieces that he gave me one of the tickets to his graduation. (His parents are not together, so there are multiple families involved.) I also have my step-granddaughter, Izzy, who I write about on this forum.

Ginny B
June 21st, 2016, 08:21 AM
I was just thinking about you this morning and wondering how things were. Sounds like you are a tired grandma but a happy grandma for sure. Enjoy snuggling that precious bundle and singing to him. I am looking forward to welcoming our new bundle of joy in December. Of course, with my son and dil living in CA, I am going to have to figure out how to make sure my grandbaby knows who I am. This is where the newfangled technology might come in very handy.

Stop by now and again and keep us posted. You are missed

sally
June 22nd, 2016, 12:21 AM
Blondie...been away for so long and missed so much....Congratulations. ..so happy for you!

peggiep
June 22nd, 2016, 07:57 AM
Blondie enjoy your grandson! Grandkids, if we have them, are a special part of our lives. My three GD's are fairly close by and we see them often so we are blessed with that. I only wish I could stop them from growing up so quickly.