PDA

View Full Version : 6 months past

csarina
June 19th, 2016, 01:16 PM
It was 6 months this last week since my youngest son died. His workmates have bought a bench in his memory and it stands in the smoking shed, where he and his workmates used to gather for as he put it 'a fag and a chat'. Those workmates, his brother and son were the ones who carried his coffin into the chapel for his cremation.

Time passes, it does get easier but we as a family still find it so difficult to accept that he is no longer with us.132180

Cokie
June 19th, 2016, 01:23 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss! What a nice gesture by your son's coworkers. He will always be remembered by those who loved him.

vbarb1014
June 19th, 2016, 01:27 PM
I am so sorry for your loss, it must be so hard for you. It is something that as parents we dont expect to have to bury our kids. looks like you have a beautiful reminder of him and nice that his friends did that for him (and you). GB and prayers

Simply Quilting
June 19th, 2016, 01:38 PM
So sorry for the loss of your son. What a nice gesture of his co-workers.

Midge
June 19th, 2016, 02:01 PM
What a wonderful tribute to your son from his co-workers. They will think of him every time they take a smoke break. Grief is such hard work, and your dear son will always be missed, but I'm so glad you can share this with us. Hugs to you and your family from across the ocean.

Grandma G
June 19th, 2016, 02:09 PM
I, too, am so very sorry for your loss. Your son's workmates have truly honored him with that bench. It is a beautiful tribute that I know means a lot to you. May you find solace and peace in his memories. I know it isn't easy.

seaturtle
June 19th, 2016, 04:10 PM
I am sorry for your loss. What a wonderful tribute to your son - hugs to you.

songbird857
June 19th, 2016, 04:12 PM
Thinking of you today, Csarina...

sewbizzy
June 19th, 2016, 05:28 PM
I am so sorry for your loss...it cannot be easy to lose a child...his coworkers have shown how he meant to them..

judimccl
June 19th, 2016, 07:30 PM
My prayers are still with you Csarina. What a nice gesture on their part - he is there with them as they have their "fag and a chat." :icon_wave:

KarenC
June 19th, 2016, 08:47 PM
So sorry for your loss of your son. May the knowledge and presence of his close friends comfort you.

stationarymom
June 20th, 2016, 02:02 AM
What a wonderful gesture from your son's workmates.They obviously really cared for him .

Monique
June 20th, 2016, 07:23 AM
What a wonderful tribute. I can not imagine what you are going through. Remember the good times.

quiltingtrish
June 20th, 2016, 10:01 AM
What a beautiful bench they placed in his memory. It surely shows they will always remember him. Hugs for you and your family, I cannot imagine losing a child.

SallyO'Sews
June 20th, 2016, 08:50 PM
What a lovely way to remember their friend and workmate. It speaks well of your son, his friends, and how well you raised him. Hugs to you, quilty friend.

WendyI
June 21st, 2016, 03:08 PM
such a lovely tribute from people who obviously cared for him. More good memories for you to cherish. (((HUGS)))

jjkaiser
June 21st, 2016, 03:47 PM
Oh my I can't believe it has been six months already! Seeing that bench must bring bittersweet memories, but one day you will look at it and just be moved thinking of all the love and caring that his co-workers put into making that special bench to remember their good friend. I like to say it is a Thinking of You Bench. And remember, we are all here on the Forum thinking of you.

peggiep
June 22nd, 2016, 08:10 AM
I can't imagine the depth of your loss, but the bench will be a treasured monument to him. It was a wonderful gesture by his mates in his honour.

Suzette
June 22nd, 2016, 09:21 AM
What a lovely way for his friends to honor his memory. Hugs to you as you continue to heal.