PDA

View Full Version : Joey & Rory Feek Story Continued

JCY
June 19th, 2016, 11:24 AM
I posted here in the spring about the death of Joey Feek who died of abdominal cancer at the age to 40. She & her husb. Rory were singers--some bluegrass--some gospel. Their latest album/DVD was gospel hymns that Joey loved. They had a dau. together who has Down's Syndrome. Rory continues to post on fb as well as his blog, "This Life I Live". I've been following his story as he works through his grief and viewing pics of precious little Indiana, their dau.

In Feb. 2014, Rory began filming their lives, before they even knew Joey had cancer. He filmed over a 2.5 yr. period. Their story is being made into a movie, which will show in selected theaters on Sept. 20. The movie is called, "To Joey, With Love." It's a story of their love, their struggles, their faith in God. You can view the trailer on Rory's blog. I hope this will show in a theater in Colorado near enough for me to see it.

Just thought I'd pass along the info. for those who might be interested.

LindaKay75
June 19th, 2016, 02:54 PM
You know, I have been following Rory on Facebook and read yesterday their story will be in theaters come Sept. I sure hope it shows at my local theater, if not maybe it will be on a DVD to purchase. God works in mysterious ways.

kensington
June 19th, 2016, 08:45 PM
Joey had Cervical Cancer.

I followed them and loved them a long time. I used to listen and laugh so much to their song
"Cheater, Cheater". LOL.

She was such a beautiful spirited woman.

Kgrammiecaz
June 19th, 2016, 09:57 PM
I will be sure to watch for the movie showing here. It is a heart wrenching and beautiful story