PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL THE DADS

MayinJerset
June 19th, 2016, 09:14 AM
HOPE ALL THE DADS HAVE A GREAT DAY BEING APPRECIATED BY THEIR FAMILIES. Our family is taking DH out to dinner today and there should be lots of phone calls from grandkids who live out of state.

PS: I may not being around for awhile, think my computer is going as it has been freezing up a lot since yesterday. Ran all the programs I could think of but still the same. It probably will have to see the computer geek and I'll be forced to go to Windows 10. May decided to replace this old PC for a small lap top but I so like this old thing as I know where everything is. Progress can be a big pain in the butt.

quiltingtrish
June 19th, 2016, 09:27 AM
Good morning May and what a beautiful day for Father's Day! I suppose I will give my Dad some money towards his evenings out for dinner. What else do you give a 90 year old? Washing his van and working in the garden is also on the agenda for him today so that is a gift too - spending time with him.

We moved son #2 into his new house yesterday - what a long day. We had a truck and 2 cars packed to the gills. So not a lot of stuff but was enough for us. I asked him if he thought of marrying his girlfriend he is buying the house with and he said - not right now. I also asked him how was I going to get a grandchild and he told me I would have to talk to his brother and sister cause the only way he wants a kid is if they come born at the age of 5. He was not in to diapers so I told him I would raise the child until they are 5 and then give them back to him. I got some eye rolls. haha! He is doing real good with his new job and is happy and isn't that what counts.

Off to get ready for a beautiful day - don't want to waste any of it. The birds are surely happy - singing their morning songs.

Cathy F
June 19th, 2016, 09:58 AM
Morning all,
Happy Father's Day to all the dad's on the forum!

Sun is shining and looks to be a beautiful day. Hubby was up and out early this morning for his car meet. Will have the paper and bagels for him when he gets home.

The kids should be here today and we'll grill some hamburgers and hot dogs. Have a nice fresh fruit tart for dessert with a yummy custard filling so all should be smiling by the end of the day!

Have to get started on my last Christmas quilt for my oldest granddaughter, I keep changing my mind about the pattern and that's not helping. I bought all the fabric so I really should go with the original plan. This one will be purple and teal.
I bought such a cute pattern the other day. I promised myself I would put it away until I got the next quilt done but it is really calling to me. I'm distracted so easily! Maybe I just make one and get it out of my system.

Well, off to get a cup of coffee and read some posts before my husband gets home. Wishing all a good day.

Lyndaj
June 19th, 2016, 12:26 PM
Happy sunny Sunday. My husband got a new 49" LG tv yesterday, even though he is only dad to our dog, Java. I suppose you could say that I got the gift too.

Did absolutely 0 in my sewing room yesterday and likely the same for today. Still trying to find a way to make this room more functional without spending a lot of money. Was looking at Ikea again today, but DH didn't like what I was looking at. Sigh.

He does have the ability to make me a custom setup ala Horn or Koala. However, since he had shoulder surgery on January 6, he still can't get back to making big projects like that. Just trying to find a way to not hate this set up!

Have a great Father's Day everyone.

Judy, USMC
June 19th, 2016, 02:57 PM
Happy Father's Day! Steve and I have no children ... but he does feel like he raised a few teenagers during his 20+ years in the Corps.

I put in a claim - I had one of the greatest dad's in the world. Patient and caring while he taught me many life's lessons. He helped me learn my times tables; how to handle a broken heart; and how to change a tire.

So to all the caring Father's out there - have a glorious day!

toggpine
June 19th, 2016, 04:05 PM
We are sitting in the ICU with my step-dad. He passed out yesterday, and Mom had him brought in. While they were giving him a transfusion he crashed.
The prognosis is not good.
If you have a moment could you send some peaceful thoughts our way.

mischiefkat
June 19th, 2016, 04:30 PM
Prayers for all who need them today. Kathy

Judy, USMC
June 19th, 2016, 07:16 PM
As you requested, Peaceful Thoughts being sent ....

Navy Wife
June 19th, 2016, 11:47 PM
We had a quiet day. After church we were both lazy. Oldest son was in Atlanta with his new grandson. Youngest took us out for dinner tonight. DD called, but I just let them talk. She usually talks to just me, or to both. I think DH enjoys a private conversation with her now and then.