PDA

View Full Version : Glorious Sunny Saturday!

peggiep
June 18th, 2016, 08:49 AM
Happy Saturday!
I spent so much time on the Forum this morning, looking at GrandmaNan's pictures of Quilt Canada, watching Jenny's latest tutorial (and wondering if I have enough background fabric in my stash to make it TODAY), watching the ribbon cutting ceremony at M*. I soooo want to get there some day. I think it is absolutely amazing what the Doan Family has done for Hamilton, MO.!

Last night was our annual RibFest and I must say the ribs were great...very lean and juicy. We had a good time with our BFF's.

Earlier this week I declared that it was "finishing week", and as a result, I have managed to complete several of my WIPs and hope to finish at least two more today...they just need binding or other touches to complete. Once that is done, I will hang up the rotary cutter and ruler for a week or two and venture out to the flower beds (or should I say weed beds) to get them looking pretty again. Then it is off to see Finding Dory with the 3 granddaughters and then dinner with DD and SIL. Busy busy day!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Hugs and prayers to those in need.

Cheers :)

shermur
June 18th, 2016, 10:10 AM
Morning, quilty friends.....

After many years of hand quilting, I decided to sign up for a home machine quilting class through the guild I am a member of. So, this morning, I'll pack the car with machine, notions and small projects/plus anything else I thought I might need....and head to Mama's Log House/Academy to learn something new....I am nervous!

peggiep
June 18th, 2016, 10:28 AM
Morning, quilty friends.....

After many years of hand quilting, I decided to sign up for a home machine quilting class through the guild I am a member of. So, this morning, I'll pack the car with machine, notions and small projects/plus anything else I thought I might need....and head to Mama's Log House/Academy to learn something new....I am nervous!

Have a wonderful time! I know you will pack everything you think you need, but if you are anything like me, there is always something left behind....just another reason to shop! :)

quiltingtrish
June 18th, 2016, 11:03 AM
Sherri - sounds like a fun day! Make sure you have a seam ripper, something I seem to forget myself.
Peggiep - I've been so busy with spring cleaning and decluttering that I've neglected my flower beds too. Since the picnic is here in 2 weeks, I've decided another weed or two won't hurt if I wait until 2 or 3 days before the picnic to do it then. Hopefully it won't be a rainy weekend beforehand - haha. In the meantime, I am enjoying beautiful wildflowers that have popped up.

Today I am helping son #2 move into a new home. I think that will be the rest of the day as I am sure I will be tired from it all.

Have a great day everyone. Sure wish I were in Hamilton with all the fun they are having.

grandma nurse
June 18th, 2016, 11:10 PM
Is anyone else having problems with viewing the forum? I have always gone to archives and read the groups. Now instead of the post starting with the newest post it starts with the oldest post. Have I hit a button and changed something? I miss my old format.

grandma nurse
June 18th, 2016, 11:21 PM
Is anyone else having problems with viewing the forum? I have always gone to archives and read the groups. Now instead of the post starting with the newest post it starts with the oldest post. Have I hit a button and changed something? I miss my old format.

peggiep
June 18th, 2016, 11:59 PM

The only change that I have heard any of the members recently report is the missing "like" button, although last week I did experience a problem accessing the forum, but was getting a "page not found" message. That happened a few times but fixed itself before the end of the day.