PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Already? The Night Owl Thread

kimsophia
June 18th, 2016, 02:07 AM
Hoot hoot! I got 12 hours of sleep yesterday but I'm still sleepy...but I'm still hootin' at present. How are the night owls? I did get a yellow farmhouse stitched on my cross stitch project, so I've accomplished somethin'! How are you?

Hulamoon
June 18th, 2016, 02:21 AM
Nothing. It's my eldest dd's birthday tomorrow. 27. How the heck did that happen!! I bought her some machine embroidery supplies to make snowflakes. Barb helped me out what to buy. Thanks Barb!!

I'm going to lure her over with the baby and sit down for lunch and a movie while the machine is running. Good plan right? :icon_razz:

carolynrae
June 18th, 2016, 02:25 AM
Finally finished the top on the skateboard quilt that has taken me months to finish. I am going to cub scout camp next week so I probably won't start quilting for another week. Need to put a border on a layer cake baby quilt, working on a Halloween table runner. I always get into the swing of things the closer I get to Christmas. Can you believe it is almost July. Kimsophia, I cannot wait until you finish your cross stitch, it will be beautiful.

Judy, USMC
June 18th, 2016, 02:48 AM
Still working on getting all my medical checkups done before I leave for Chicago. Today was what I affectionately call the "Twist and Shout." The mammogram tech said it was the first time she heard that phrase used. Out for a late lunch after that and laundry this evening.

Next Tuesday is minor surgery on my ear, again. The OR is in another town 50 miles away ... and also the first day of Row by Row. Tomorrow I'll break out the map and check facebook to see if there are any rows or plates I like.

Hope y'all have fun this weekend!

stationarymom
June 18th, 2016, 02:50 AM
Nothing here either,Kim I'm glad you finished your farmhouse.I worked in the yard today ,there's a lot of brush that needs to be cleaned up.Tonight DH and I went out to dinner and then I went to a friends house so she could cut my hair.I hope all the Owls have a good night.

toggpine
June 18th, 2016, 03:43 AM
Last day of school!
We have a ride to school in the fire truck as one of our prizes for our annual fundraiser. Today was the day. The whole school comes out front to watch the truck arrive with the winning student. It's great. We have an awesome FD. They also brought out one of the big engines and shot water out over the field during field day on Thursday. The world biggest sprinkler!
We had the moving up assembly and awards. I then vacuum-bagged up about 30 pounds of crumbled ground beef. It was left over from one of the family night meals and we are going to use it in Sept. for a spaghetti feed. If I vacuumed it, then it wouldn't get freezer burn over the summer.
Then we "Celebrated" the kids out of school by dancing and throwing confetti (all of the holes from the hole punch all year long) as they walked down a tunnel of streamers. Nothing like watching nearly 40 grown people dance and cheer for their students. (Several of us parents joined in too!)
From there we went to the local park and met up with a few friends. We kept a pretty Boxer dog from ending up splatted in the highway. His people will be sad when they come home and he's not there, but at least he is safe, dry, and being fed at the humane society tonight. It's too bad he didn't have a tag so we could have called his people. I hope he is chipped. He looked way too good to have been a stray, and his manners, once he realized we weren't going to hurt him, were amazing. There was a lot of training invested in him.
I finished the tote bag last night. She loved it, even before she opened it. She gave the package a squeeze and said, "Is it something you made? It's something you sewed isn't it? Oh, I'm going to love it!" She did. That is the best Thank You right there!
I am nearly done unsewing the blue and yellow squares. I'll press them all and see what I have. Some look 5.5", while others look more rectangular. I want to trim them and re-sew them in 4-patches for the circle of comfort. Perhaps I'll get the others I have done then too. Hmmmm.
For now, I'm turning in. It has been a long week and I'm dragging!
Happy hooting! Cathy