PDA

View Full Version : Froday on my mind!

peggiep
June 17th, 2016, 08:14 AM
I love Friday! Even though I have been retired for more than 2 years, I still look forward to Friday. Maybe its just a psychological holdover from many years of working, but I like to think its because everything is more relaxed on Friday, especially one that is starting out so beautifully. There was a robin outside the bedroom window this morning singing so loudly that he actually woke me up...at 4:55! I'm usually an early riser, but this was a little earlier than I wanted, but he made me happy.

Today is the annual RibFest in town and we will meet our friends there to enjoy (really enjoy) a rack of ribs....mmmmm good! But, before that happens, I have to clean the house and finish some things up in the sewing room.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and I send prayers and hugs to those in need.

Cheers :)

Patsquilting
June 17th, 2016, 08:38 AM
Good Morning, Friday: I agree - still look forward to Friday's even though retired. Starting out as a beautiful, bright, sunny day. Temps supposed to be a little lower today as well as humidity. Calling for a great weekend - YEAH - will open the windows and turn off the AC. Happy Father's Day to our dads!! After painting inside - plan on working on the quilt for Grand Daughter due in Sept. Just found it in the mess of boxes after moving - slowly getting things done and put away. Lots more to do, but then, in no hurry.

Have a fantastic day everyone!

Monique
June 17th, 2016, 08:44 AM
Good morning! What a wonderful time I have had so far! My hostess is the hostess, lol! On Wednesday we took a little trip to the USA, stopping at gunns store and bought fabric there, JoAnn's was the next stop and picked up two rulers at half price and Walmart for a few groceries.

The quilt show was fabulous! We did meet up with Lynda and spend some time with her.

We met Laura from sew very easy and had our pictures taken with her. What a lovely lady! We met Tracy from maple leaf quilting what a treat that was, and I got to meet Brenda Miller (buzzy) and what a treat that was! I bought a lots of fabric plates from row by row and a little fabric, really it was little. I had an absolutely wonderful day!

Today at some point I will head to Trenton but not before Nancy and I do a little more shopping!

Pictures will have to wait until I get back home!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Granny Judy
June 17th, 2016, 09:05 AM
Wow, what fun your day must have been Monique. I'm just waiting for our local quilt show.. it's in August this year instead of Oct. I joined the quild, too, so I will get a good meet N greet in before the big show. ( July's meeting.)

It was such beautiful weather here yesterday that I didn't get a lot of sewing done. Just pieced some fat quarters together for a backing. But I did it using my treadle machine. I finally got around to learning how to fill the bobbins. (What a mess I had there for awhile. Got the going forward peddle motion mixed up with the going backward motion.. and the thread was winding in skips and clumps.. got off the bobbing then back on. I am NOT very co ordinated with this machine yet.) After a bit of Pirate talk, I got a couple bobbins filled and accomplished what I wanted... a complete back for my double bed size quilt.

If only I was good at using my feet and hands at the same time... I would try some FMQ quilting on the treadle. I seen Tim Latimer (https://timquilts.com/) do it... and it looked like a lot of fun.

MayinJerset
June 17th, 2016, 09:09 AM
Birds are chirping, sun is shining and it's Friday - what more could we want? To be enjoying our days like Monique and Nancy, that's what we want! Just kidding. Isn't it wonderful how through M* forum we sometimes get the opportunity to meet each other in person and no one is ever disappointed, I've done that many times over the years. Some of the guys and gals have become my best quilting pals who meet in Lancaster for the show in the Spring and a retreat in the Fall. Can't wait to see Monique's photos.

mario1360
June 17th, 2016, 09:42 AM
Friday :icon_bump::icon_bump::icon_bump:

Feeling real good, shingles are on their way out.....I will finally be able to stop taking all these chemicals...
Going for a ride tomorrow in Hawkwsbury Ontario, there is a small quilting shop there I met at the local show last month with a 20% rebate coupon....

everybody have an excellent day.....

quiltingtrish
June 17th, 2016, 09:49 AM
Awww May - I know I am one of those 'best quilting pals'! It's been awhile since I've seen you though.

I didn't get to Dad's yesterday - a storm came through and they were calling for heavy stuff later so I opted to go today. He did mention we will hit the local garden center to get new tomato plants - I knew that was coming.
So, yesterday, I spent the entire day going through all the pots, pans, casserole dishes, etc. I literally filled an empty bed with stuff for a yard sale. The kitchen is done.
This morning I am just going to sit and relax before I have to leave for the day. I will be busy enough later to use up my energy.
Have a great day everyone.

peggiep
June 17th, 2016, 09:51 AM
Friday :icon_bump::icon_bump::icon_bump:

Feeling real good, shingles are on their way out.....I will finally be able to stop taking all these chemicals...
Going for a ride tomorrow in Hawkwsbury Ontario, there is a small quilting shop there I met at the local show last month with a 20% rebate coupon....

everybody have an excellent day.....

Mario -- if the quilt shop in Hawesbury is as good as it is at a Quilt Show, you're in for a treat. I seem to buy a lot there at the Ottawa Show, but I have not yet made it to the store! Have fun and happy shopping.

Lyndaj
June 17th, 2016, 10:31 AM
Good sunny morning everyone.

Yesterday was Quilt Canada and as you have heard by now, I met up with Monique, Grandma Nan and Grandma Nan's sister (who really should join our forum). It was lovely. I had already shopped and viewed the many beautiful quilts before the ladies arrived. I helped them shop and then headed home since I had already been there for some time before they arrived. I even took their photos with Laura from Sew Very Easy.

While I am not totally reinspired, I now very much want a Handi Quilter long arm machine. I had an amazing time speaking with a gentleman from their company. He gently coaxed me to try both the Simply Sixteen and Sweet Sixteen. It was SO much fun. I really want a Simply Sixteen now, but of course, have no $. However, it is now on my radar. I think this is the only way I will continue to quilt. Pushing that queen size quilt through my Janome 8900 was really tiring and frustrating and that was only sitd quilting. Can't imagine trying to free motion.

At any rate, off to the gym this morning and then maybe I will try to finish off some of my small projects, if I don't get too annoyed.

Have a great weekend everyone.

WendyI
June 17th, 2016, 11:01 AM
Morning all...
Monique sounds like you are having a great time. Sure wish I could be there! Can't wait to see the pics.

Nothing new here. Going to a tea party at a friends place tonight...then supposed to see a live band tomorrow night but I might pass on that. I'm not a fan of bars anymore these days.

Liam's grade 8 graduation is next week then the Monday after he leaves for a school trip to Ottawa for three days and then school is done for the year. Nice way to end the year! He's so excited that the coach they will be traveling on has wifi! lol Hoping he doesn't run into any sink holes! Sounds like it's going to be an amazing trip for him. Wish I could go!

Happy Friday everyone. Sending loads of love and hugs for those who need them and warm healing thoughts to those extended family members who are in need. xox

MayinJerset
June 17th, 2016, 11:12 AM
"Awww May - I know I am one of those 'best quilting pals'! It's been awhile since I've seen you though."

Maybe we'll meet at Howdy's Hoedown in Sept. Is she any closer to you since she moved?

SewnByBee
June 17th, 2016, 11:42 AM

Happy Friday morning.
I still look forward to the weekends........maybe, it just feels like, things slow down.....not really..... but, it sounds good....lol.
I think it's gonna be a VERY HOT DAY, today and getting hotter over the weekend..... Yikes.
We have had a dry spell here, but the other night, it tried to storm. Lightening took out the power for over half the night. When we do get some rain, it might get rough around here.....scary...... :icon_heh:

Baby raccoons made it to their special temporary residence...
sooooo bitter sweet.....I MISS those,... little... chattering.... babies... sad face.

Wishing everyone a super special Father's Day weekend...... Enjoy.... ♡